Syria 'welcomes' proposal to hand over control of chemical weapons

and staying OUT OF IT.

Is not what is causing this result huh stupid

Obama was twisting in the wind, and Putin bailed him out. I want them to be left alone to destroy themselves , Assad is dangerous but allows Christians to worship how they want, Free Syrian army is ok but decimated, the rest are Al Queda groups trying to muslimize another country. Innocents are caught in the middle.

Uh Hey Monty Republicans were the ones saying we should stay out of it at least the intelligent ones (NOT BOehNER)

Yes, I know how we are supposed to accept the appearance of the whole thing. But I'm not fooled and never was. The right was against a war with Syria because it was Obama's initiative. If it ceases to be his initiative then the right will take up the fight for the war. New egregious crimes by Assad will have to be discovered and fabricated up for them to save face but it's a sure thing they will. I would put money on that!

But first, let's see how Obama tilts on this thing!

It's so exciting isn't it because this could turn out to be a huge exposure of the right's phoniness!

The White House said Monday it will follow up on a Russian call to have Syria place its chemical weapons under international control in an effort to stave off U.S. military action.

"We want to take a hard look at the proposal," said deputy national security adviser Tony Blinken. "We'll talk to the Russians about it."

Russia -- an ally of Syria -- offered its proposal as Obama made final preparations for a half-dozen television interviews designed to build support for a military strike on Syria.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rld-TopStories+(USATODAY+-+World+Top+Stories)

Obama was twisting in the wind, and Putin bailed him out. I want them to be left alone to destroy themselves , Assad is dangerous but allows Christians to worship how they want, Free Syrian army is ok but decimated, the rest are Al Queda groups trying to muslimize another country. Innocents are caught in the middle.

Ha! You're already as much as saying that you will need to switch sides!

But your feeble condemnation of Obama just doesn't cut it this time. You can't credit it all to Putin and save face can you.

The White House said Monday it will follow up on a Russian call to have Syria place its chemical weapons under international control in an effort to stave off U.S. military action.

"We want to take a hard look at the proposal," said deputy national security adviser Tony Blinken. "We'll talk to the Russians about it."

Russia -- an ally of Syria -- offered its proposal as Obama made final preparations for a half-dozen television interviews designed to build support for a military strike on Syria.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rld-TopStories+(USATODAY+-+World+Top+Stories)

do you idiots really think this was a surprise to Obama?

the president seems to have outplayed you and the russians

The thing is evince, if the US turns thumbs down on the initiative then it will have the capability of taking away more US credibility. That makes it even more likely that war won't happen.

Bad news for the US's real warmongers who are the political right. Good new in my humble opinion for Obama! That's what I've been trying to tell you for days now.

no fucker your the one whos been proven wrong on WHY we were going to do this .

fuck you very much

No, not poor Desh this time. Poor warmongers on the right because this really does lay waste to 'their' plans for war. Now we will hear the real push for war and more of the phony motives. And of course we will hear some condemnation of Obama if he finds this an acceptable alternative.

Really just time for Desh to celebrate if she can be honest about it.

Much respect for you brother .. but what you see is not what you think it is. This is political gamesmanship at its highest level .. and Obama has proven to be a total novice at it.

First, the Russians have no intention of leaving Assad without chemical weapons if the US attacks. Putin knows that the only way to enforce what is proposed is through the UN .. which takes time. Else, there is no other way to enforce or verify it.

Secondly, guess who gave Putin this way to delay and further discredit the Obama Administration? Answer, John Kerry. Kerry's offer was entirely predicated on Assad not accepting it. Putin saw the opening, quickly proposed it to Assad .. and guess what? Assad is 'interested.'

What does that mean? DELAY and hesitation. The US Congress will jump on it, both democrats and republicans .. with Putin, not Obama looking like the Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Third, what is the value of delay and hesitation? Answer: UN report. If the UN report comes out and does not place the blame on Assad .. and it won't because that's not its mission, then GAME OVER.

Will Obama bomb against no public support anywhere in the world, no congressional approval, and politicians on both sides telling him not to do it?

Brilliant move by Putin.

Where is all the Obama intelligence I've been hearing about but has never materialized?

Much respect for you brother .. but what you see is not what you think it is. This is political gamesmanship at its highest level .. and Obama has proven to be a total novice at it.

First, the Russians have no intention of leaving Assad without chemical weapons if the US attacks. Putin knows that the only way to enforce what is proposed is through the UN .. which takes time. Else, there is no other way to enforce or verify it.

Secondly, guess who gave Putin this way to delay and further discredit the Obama Administration? Answer, John Kerry. Kerry's offer was entirely predicated on Assad not accepting it. Putin saw the opening and quickly proposed it to Assad .,. and guess what? Assad is 'interested.' What does that mean? DELAY and hesitation. The US Congress will jump on it, both democrats and republicans .. with Putin, not Obama looking likr the Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Third, what is the value of delay and hesitation? Answer: UN report. If the UN report comes out and does not place the blame on Assad .. and it won't because that's not its mission, then GAME OVER.

Will Obama bomb against no public support anywhere in the world, no congressional approval, and politicians on both sides telling him not to do it?

Brilliant move by Putin.

Where is all the Obama intelligence I've been hearing about but has never materialized?

No, I know much more about this than you do. And I can prove it because it's blatantly obvious that you are now speaking from a position of Obama hate. You're left with nothing else now aren't you.

You can only spin this in your favour for the few who hate Obama with such a passion that they can't credit him with anything. But the real spin is that this will be a success for Obama if it pans out. You better hope it doesn't. You're already doing that aren't you!

No, I know much more about this than you do. And I can prove it because it's blatantly obvious that you are now speaking from a position of Obama hate. You're left with nothing else now aren't you.

You can only spin this in your favour for the few who hate Obama with such a passion that they can't credit him with anything. But the real spin is that this will be a success for Obama if it pans out. You better hope it doesn't. You're already doing that aren't you!

None of this is about me or what you think about me. I began this conversation with you acknowledging respect for your opinions, you don't have to reciprocate, but you do have to make an actual point other than what you think about me.

There is all kinds of opportunity for you to intellectually challenge what I said, the question is are you up for that?

.. and no, you don't know more about this than I do.

'Obama-hate' makes a nice slogan, but it's stupid as an argument.

None of this is about me or what you think about me. I began this conversation with you acknowledging respect for your opinions, you don't have to reciprocate, but you do have to make an actual point other than what you think about me.

There is all kinds of opportunity for you to intellectually challenge what I said, the question is are you up for that?

.. and no, you don't know more about this than I do.

'Obama-hate' makes a nice slogan, but it's stupid as an argument.

It really doesn't matter what either of us thinks. If this works then the credit will be going to both Putin and Obama and there's little anyone can do to spin it otherwise.

And also, I really don't care about your motives. If you happen to be one lonely American who really does oppose war and not just Obama then good for you. It sure doesn't smell that way to me.

monty give us proof you know more

The words you have been using for days are still there remember?

you made a fool of yourself.

You will exsasperate that by denying what you have said for days now

Back