Syria 'welcomes' proposal to hand over control of chemical weapons

It really doesn't matter what either of us thinks. If this works then the credit will be going to both Putin and Obama and there's little anyone can do to spin it otherwise.

And also, I really don't care about your motives. If you happen to be one lonely American who really does oppose war and not just Obama then good for you. It sure doesn't smell that way to me.

We are both here for the conversation and expression of political thought. I approach it honestly, civilly, and intelligently. Being antiwar is a principle for me. I'm the same person I was, making the same arguments when Bush was in office. If you didn't make the same arguments you are now when Bush was in office .. that says a lot more about you than it does me.

I have no problem being the only person to believe anything, as my beliefs are not predicated on what other people think. But I am FAR from being the only American who opposes war and not just Obama .. many of whom voted for him and are democrats .. something I am decidedly not .. nor am I that other thing.

With regards to Syria, it's been one misstep after another .. just bumbling along like a drunken sailor .. drunk with power.

monty give us proof you know more

The words you have been using for days are still there remember?

you made a fool of yourself.

You will exsasperate that by denying what you have said for days now

:0) Surely you're not talking to me.

the admin just set up a way to get the world through this and saved the Russian some major embarrassment.

Looks like Obama and team played it brilliently

on that you are completely wrong bac.

but you hate Obama as much as monty does

I don't know Monty, but what I think about Obama has nothing to do with the facts that neither you or Monty can dispute.

This was a brilliant move by Putin .. and how much do you wanna' bet that the US Congress will consider it?

Take my advice .. don't bet..

I hope this works, would be a big win for the people. Bottom line is, Kerry threw out a line-saying he didn't expect Assad would take it, Putin did. Now it's Putin riding in saving the day, being the peacemaker.

Truth is, this is what diplomacy should look like.

I hope this works, would be a big win for the people. Bottom line is, Kerry threw out a line-saying he didn't expect Assad would take it, Putin did. Now it's Putin riding in saving the day, being the peacemaker.

Truth is, this is what diplomacy should look like.

COMPLETELY agree.

than thank Obama for it.

instead you want to blame him.

would assad give them up if it was passed as Obamas idea?

No

I don't know Monty, but what I think about Obama has nothing to do with the facts that neither you or Monty can dispute.

This was a brilliant move by Putin .. and how much do you wanna' bet that the US Congress will consider it?

Take my advice .. don't bet..

It seems that the political right in the US congress has to go for it. I can't imagine any way that they can reverse themselves in full stride. But I do know that the political right in congress is going to start demanding a war for some cocked up reason.

Most likely this: The claim will be made that Assad didn't hand over all the weapons, just some of them.

Place your bets folks and give us your hunches. Just keep in mind that the political right won't be denied. All that has really happened is that Obama comes out of it clean and looking good.

And say you heard it from me first too Desh!

Your right this is what diplomacy looks like.

all this clears the major actors and get the weapons out

You all forget its Pootin who has wavered in this situation ansd NOT Obama.

Pootin jhad to start backing down from his bluster of Assad is completely innocent within days

You all forget its Pootin who has wavered in this situation ansd NOT Obama.

Pootin jhad to start backing down from his bluster of Assad is completely innocent within days

You're a leftie and that makes it impossible for you to not know that Putin benefits hugely from this. Face it, Russia's hand was being called. You would have a lot more credibility saying that it's an equal win for both of them. But in any case, at least you are seeing it as a win for Obama and that makes me right all along. You're just not a decent enough person to admit it yet. Fucking kristyuns!

It seems that the political right in the US congress has to go for it. I can't imagine any way that they can reverse themselves in full stride. But I do know that the political right in congress is going to start demanding a war for some cocked up reason.

Most likely this: The claim will be made that Assad didn't hand over all the weapons, just some of them.

Place your bets folks and give us your hunches. Just keep in mind that the political right won't be denied. All that has really happened is that Obama comes out of it clean and looking good.

And say you heard it from me first too Desh!

You're missing the point.

First, neither Putin nor Assad have any intentions of turning over any Syrian weapon at the same time the US is talking about attacking Syria. Surely you can't believe that.

Secondly, the White House is already trying to walk back Kerry's statement .. but too late, Putin jumped on it the moment it came out of Kerry's mouth.

I didn't want to take Desh's money, but I will gladly take yours if you'd like to bet on the outcome of this blunder .. which the White House is already walking back.

Usually I wait until the sucker takes the bait before I show my hand .. but here's a favor ..

State Department: Kerry Statement On Syria Turning Over Chemical Weapons Simply Rhetorical
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/state-department-kerry-syria_n_3893213.html

You really don't know more about this than I do.

they said he didn't believe they would.

so did Kerry.

Now it makes it even more of a Russian savior idea huh?

This was designed to save face for the Russians.

Now how does this transfer get done?

what has to happen for it to actually take place?

You're missing the point.

First, neither Putin nor Assad have any intentions of turning over any Syrian weapon at the same time the US is talking about attacking Syria. Surely you can't believe that.

Secondly, the White House is already trying to walk back Kerry's statement .. but too late, Putin jumped on it the moment it came out of Kerry's mouth.

I didn't want to take Desh's money, but I will gladly take yours if you'd like to bet on the outcome of this blunder .. which the White House is already walking back.

Usually I wait until the sucker takes the bait before I show my hand .. but here's a favor ..

State Department: Kerry Statement On Syria Turning Over Chemical Weapons Simply Rhetorical
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/state-department-kerry-syria_n_3893213.html

You really don't know more about this than I do.

I think you are very cynical, but probably correct.

Back