Taco Bell, fuck you.

Try the Partagas again (they are excellent cigars) but smoke it after a meal. They tend to be on the spicey and full bodied side and are best right after a meal. Excalibers and Romeo y Julieta's are far milder then the Partagas and usually of a lower quality. If you like the Excaliber and the Romeo y Julieta then I'd suggest trying a Don Tomas. Their of comparable quality and ussually a buck or two less a stick. A good every day all around smoking cigar with an affordable price. I think you can get Don Tomas from Cigars.com or JRcigars.com for about $3.00 a stick.

If you want to try a good medium bodied cigar that will give you a good idea of where the center is in the cigar world (medium to full bodied flavor and size with excellent construction with a very good draw) then try an Arturo Fuentes Hemingway. It will cost about $10 a stick and is a great all around cigar. A comparable sized opus x...if you can find one, will cost around $17 but the Opus X is full bodied and rich cigar with an oily wrapper that burns very slow and even. Last time I got a full sized Opus X it took two hours to smoke it even the smallest one (which cost about $12/$13) takes about an hour to smoke and because of that oily wrapper they don't get soggy and finish very well right down to the nubbins.

I thought importing Cuban cigars was illegal in the US?

You haven't been to the US have you Low? It's actually pretty difficult to get good, fresh, baked bread in this country unless you make it your self or live next to a specialty baker.

The sad thing about Subway is that they are popular because they bake their bread for the sandwhiches fresh daily....and after you've tried a Subway that will give you an idea of how bad bread is in the USA cause their bread isn't really very good either.

It's a shame that American cuisine is represented around the world by fast food. When people think of American food they think of McD's. Wendy's, Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, etc.

Yet we have regional cuisine that is superb. The SE has it's tradidtion for BBQ pork and south west Tex-Mex food has big bold flavors that most Euros and Asians are not familiar with (to bad, it's great food) and I can promise you that, with the exception of Kobe, that you will never dine on a bettter steak then one raised and fattened in the midwest US. Then you have hearty North Eastern style foods such as been stew, pot roast, chowder, etc. Then theirs west coast cuisine and it's plethora of seasonal produce and vegetables available year round...a cooks paradise.

But the really sad thing....is that were known for cheeseburgers and fries.....and bad ones at that.

BTW, my wife is from SE Asia and she is always home sick for the abundance of fresh sea food there that's simply not available (unless you want to pay very high prices) in the midwestern USA. Having said that....when we vacation in her home country it doesn't take long before we get homesick for good quality beef. The beef in Asia has the taste and texture of shoe leather.

Last para first. You are, to a degree correct. Beef can be as tough as old boots or so packed with hormones that you grow a pair of tits with every steak. However there is a plentiful supply of British beef if one is prepared to take out a mortgage. I had the scrummiest fillet on Sunday that deserved a far, far better plonk than I had available.
But we do have fairly good stuff here. We have Tex mex, Brazilian (BBQ not haircut.... oh, I don't know though), Chicago grills, Cajun. It is Brit food that is in short supply. Hence we, unlike 99% of people here, dine at home. (My wife being the best cook in the world)
We also have a German bakery that delivers and a german sausage man who appears on the doorstep once in a while. We also have some of the best Italian, Thai, Philipine, Vietnamese, and more Indians than are in India. Oh, and Chinese food from every region, of course.

I'm wondering why you are blaming a chain for a one time occurrence rather than the people who worked there for not washing their hands...

I wonder why he's not blaming it on the large amounts of alcohol that he probably consumed, prior to eating at Taco Bell.

Try the Partagas again (they are excellent cigars) but smoke it after a meal. They tend to be on the spicey and full bodied side and are best right after a meal. Excalibers and Romeo y Julieta's are far milder then the Partagas and usually of a lower quality. If you like the Excaliber and the Romeo y Julieta then I'd suggest trying a Don Tomas. Their of comparable quality and ussually a buck or two less a stick. A good every day all around smoking cigar with an affordable price. I think you can get Don Tomas from Cigars.com or JRcigars.com for about $3.00 a stick.

If you want to try a good medium bodied cigar that will give you a good idea of where the center is in the cigar world (medium to full bodied flavor and size with excellent construction with a very good draw) then try an Arturo Fuentes Hemingway. It will cost about $10 a stick and is a great all around cigar. A comparable sized opus x...if you can find one, will cost around $17 but the Opus X is full bodied and rich cigar with an oily wrapper that burns very slow and even. Last time I got a full sized Opus X it took two hours to smoke it even the smallest one (which cost about $12/$13) takes about an hour to smoke and because of that oily wrapper they don't get soggy and finish very well right down to the nubbins.

You have good taste in cigars and women. You just suck at politics.

Thanks, I will have to try the Partagas and Excalibur over again, now that I am becoming used to handling cigars. Having never been a smoker, aside from occasionally joining friends outside of bars or college campus pits, its a bit new to me. I couldn't locate the Opus X at the smoke store yesterday, but I figure I'll ask the guy next time to make sure.

Did you know that all the nations of the UN have declared the US ban on Cuban imports illegal, apart from the US and Palau?

Thank God for Palau. I shall have to fly there, smoke Cubans with some of their men, and make love to some of their women as thanks for its noble support of my country.

Or drink a good cup of dark coffee and a creme brulee. You'll find much the same result of living without the stanky cigar.

Nothing ruins a good meal quicker than the overpowering scent of wet cat filling the room whenever someone lights up a log.

Thanks, I will have to try the Partagas and Excalibur over again, now that I am becoming used to handling cigars. Having never been a smoker, aside from occasionally joining friends outside of bars or college campus pits, its a bit new to me. I couldn't locate the Opus X at the smoke store yesterday, but I figure I'll ask the guy next time to make sure.

Opus X's can be hard to find. You're best bet is to locate a "Tinder Box" they seem to be the only ones I know who have a consistent supply of them. Don't forget to try an A. Fuentes. It's hard to go wrong with a Fuentes (Opus X is Fuentes high end brand), I like the Hemingways. Also, my experience is that most cigars with a Connecticut shade wrapper or a Cameroon wrapper have been good cigars. If you want to try a good light flavored cigar try a Butera.

Nothing ruins a good meal quicker than the overpowering scent of wet cat filling the room whenever someone lights up a log.
True, that's just plain rude. In general, I only smoke cigars outside or in designated smoking areas or, most usually, when I have to take a long drive somewhere.

True, that's just plain rude. In general, I only smoke cigars outside or in designated smoking areas or, most usually, when I have to take a long drive somewhere.

As a man who enjoys a good toke of quality "herb" now and then, I can understand the appeal of smoking a fine cigar, but by GOD I just can't get my mind past the "wet cat" smell.

Back