Taco Bell, fuck you.

It is but Cuba is no longer the center of the premium cigar world. The DR is. Most of the old family cigar businesses in Cuba have relocated to the DR.

Surely they have just relocated to beat the ban, it seems that most of the premium cigars are produced from seeds smuggled out of Cuba. I remember once being on a train from London back to Poole, Dorset where I was living at the time. I found a plastic bag with two boxes of twenty five Romeo y Julieta on the table in the bar, I was going to hand them in but the guy behind the bar said keep them, so I did. I stopped smoking years ago but I would still smoke one of them as they are just wonderful.

Last edited:
Many of the Cuban companies in the DR were moved during the Revolution. It is the reason why they are still able to call themselves Cuban cigar manufacturers/companies, and why the product is considered a Cuban cigar.

Surely they have just relocated to beat the ban, it seems that most of the premium cigars are produced from seeds smuggled out of Cuba. I remember once being on a train from London back to Poole, Dorset where I was living at the time. I found a plastic bag with two boxes of twenty five Romeo y Julieta on the table in the bar, I was going to hand them in but the guy behind the bar said keep them, so I did. I stopped smoking years ago but I would still smoke one of them as they are just wonderful.

If they were Cuban Romeo y Julieta's I'm sure they were fabulous cigars. Cuba still produces some of the best cigars in the world but many Cuban Habanos are over rated and yes, many of those DR and Nicaraugan companies use Cuban seed tobacco, the mircoclimate in which they cure the tobacco has just as much or even more to do with the Cigar quality as the strain that is grown. SE Asia also produces some very good cigars. My wife brought me back a box of Filipina Puros when she came back from visiting her family. They were very good cigars and a box of 25 only cost her around $20. A box of comparable quality cigars here, imported from the DR, would cost about $100 or more.

If they were Cuban Romeo y Julieta's I'm sure they were fabulous cigars. Cuba still produces some of the best cigars in the world but many Cuban Habanos are over rated and yes, many of those DR and Nicaraugan companies use Cuban seed tobacco, the mircoclimate in which they cure the tobacco has just as much or even more to do with the Cigar quality as the strain that is grown. SE Asia also produces some very good cigars. My wife brought me back a box of Filipina Puros when she came back from visiting her family. They were very good cigars and a box of 25 only cost her around $20. A box of comparable quality cigars here, imported from the DR, would cost about $100 or more.

They were definitely Cuban all right.

I live a fairly healthy lifestyle and rarely patronize fast food restaurants. But this evening I was short on food at my apartment, and too lazy to hit up the grocery store, so I stopped at Taco Bell for a dinner consisting of two chalupas and a crunchy taco.

Big. fucking. mistake. I spent the last twenty minutes emptying the contents of my stomach. Now I am experiencing violent abdominal pain, and will likely be paying homage to the porcelain throne in a short while.

What a remarkably shitty restaurant.

Your failure to admit that your "illness" was the result of the copious amount of alcohol that you swilled down and then groaning me for pointing out that fact, just means that you're also a big flaming puss. :)

Your failure to admit that your "illness" was the result of the copious amount of alcohol that you swilled down and then groaning me for pointing out that fact, just means that you're also a big flaming puss. :)

No, it means I didn't have the desire to respond to such claims, especially when I was still violently ill. I drank no alcohol whatsoever that evening.

It's been 9 months without Taco Bell. I'm finally starting to crave it again. Any recommendations?

It is far too easy to cook better Mexican food than Taco Bell will ever produce. Even with a hot plate in a college dorm. Seriously, buy ingredients, not Taco Bell food.

I live a fairly healthy lifestyle and rarely patronize fast food restaurants. But this evening I was short on food at my apartment, and too lazy to hit up the grocery store, so I stopped at Taco Bell for a dinner consisting of two chalupas and a crunchy taco.

Big. fucking. mistake. I spent the last twenty minutes emptying the contents of my stomach. Now I am experiencing violent abdominal pain, and will likely be paying homage to the porcelain throne in a short while.

You may want to be checked for an allergy to gluten. Their "meat" has a ton of it...

It is far too easy to cook better Mexican food than Taco Bell will ever produce. Even with a hot plate in a college dorm. Seriously, buy ingredients, not Taco Bell food.

My family has perfected the art of tacos. That's irrelevant. I like homemade mashed potatoes, but that doesn't mean I never crave KFC's fake mashed potatoes. It's apples and oranges my friend.

When I was in 8th grade Spanish, a Bart Simpson-esque class clown named Nolan used to dazzle the teacher by restating the word as "queero" because he had never been 100% before on the pronunciation, and wasn't about to stop now. :D

Dude.....that's why people go to Taco Bell!! What's a matter you weenie? A little intestinal stress got you down? Man up!

im so happy that billy also likes volcano tacos. billy we should have hit up tacobell when you were in boston :/ that would have owned.

Back