Teen who hacked iPhone trades gadget for a 'sweet' new car

uscitizen

Villified User
The Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO --
The teenage hacker who managed to unlock the iPhone so that it can be used with cellular networks other than AT&T will be trading his reworked gadget for a new car.

George Hotz, of Glen Rock, N.J., said he had reached the deal with CertiCell, a Louisville, Ky.-based mobile phone repair company.

Hotz posted on his blog that he traded his modified iPhone for "a sweet Nissan 350Z and 3 8GB iPhones."

http://www.lexingtonheraldleader.com/181/story/161306.html

And topper was just happy to paise the iPhone ;)

The Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO --
The teenage hacker who managed to unlock the iPhone so that it can be used with cellular networks other than AT&T will be trading his reworked gadget for a new car.

George Hotz, of Glen Rock, N.J., said he had reached the deal with CertiCell, a Louisville, Ky.-based mobile phone repair company.

Hotz posted on his blog that he traded his modified iPhone for "a sweet Nissan 350Z and 3 8GB iPhones."

http://www.lexingtonheraldleader.com/181/story/161306.html

And topper was just happy to paise the iPhone ;)
This will make my Apple stock soar... :D

Either way, the kid is retarded. They are going to make tons selling the phone in Europe and all he got was a silly Nissan?

Yet you have just said he is a retard.

Diaper Don, I am concerned with this new development in your disease, which RJS alone has correctly diagnosed as Mad Cow? All of the liberal pinheads have guessed senility, with only the lefty Thorn daring to depart from the pinhead consensues, and in a bold move, declaring you have been an arrogant MOFO all your life and are suffering from nothing?

Anyways, to my point...you have begun to follow Damocles around the board so closely RJS is afraid that Damocles will stop short and we will have another "Republican homo" incident on our hands when you are found with your nose in his butt? We Republicans cannot afford yet another suspected closet case, please back up and give Damo some room, thank you, touche.

Here is the "rest of the story" (In best Paul Harvey imitation):

The 17-year-old Hotz said he will be sending the three new iPhones to the three online collaborators who helped him divorce Apple Inc's popular product from AT&T's network. The job took 500 hours, or about 8 hours a day since the iPhone's June 29 launch.

Hotz made the deal with Terry Daidone, co-founder of CertiCell, who also promised the teen a paid consulting job.

"We do not have any plans on the table right now to commercialize Mr. Hotz' discovery," Daidone said in a statement.

(Three people working 500 hours... That is 1500 man hours on this "easy" fix)

Damo, I think you may have traumatized doniston. doniston seems to be a very bitter man but the best way to deal with him is compassion and understanding. Remember, we must love our enemies because they are the ones that will test our practice.

Here is the "rest of the story" (In best Paul Harvey imitation):

The 17-year-old Hotz said he will be sending the three new iPhones to the three online collaborators who helped him divorce Apple Inc's popular product from AT&T's network. The job took 500 hours, or about 8 hours a day since the iPhone's June 29 launch.

Hotz made the deal with Terry Daidone, co-founder of CertiCell, who also promised the teen a paid consulting job.

"We do not have any plans on the table right now to commercialize Mr. Hotz' discovery," Daidone said in a statement.

(Three people working 500 hours... That is 1500 man hours on this "easy" fix)

a lot less hours than college and a paid consulting job ?

Damo, I think you may have traumatized doniston. doniston seems to be a very bitter man but the best way to deal with him is compassion and understanding. Remember, we must love our enemies because they are the ones that will test our practice.
What? I didn't do anything to him.

I am unsure of why he is upset with you. I get the feeling he did not like that you answered his wishes for extra moderation, but nevertheless, keep reminding yourself of the middle path, and stay compassionate and he will come around.

Back