Tell me about yourself?

kaya

Just Passin' Thru
Since I am new here, and want to know my fellow posters a bit better, I thought I would ask you to tell me about yourself? Not political leanings..I don't much care about that. Tell me about YOU. What you like, what you do not like, your hobbies, your favorite music you enjoy listening to, if you prefer the ocean or mountains, do you have pets, etc etc etc.

I am married, have 2 dogs and 1 cat. I like the music of nature but instrumental wise, I like easy listening, smooth jazz, new age. Anything mellow and soothing.

I enjoy being outside when I can, am a cancer survivor (so far, knock on wood), suffer arthritis and have a hard time walking now but I am blessed that my joints are not deformed. Just sore as heck.

What I don't like is liars, manipulators, thieves, cliques, bullies, pileons. In my real life while not on the net, I dislike crowds, shopping, going to the market. I am a recluse and a hermit and love it. It's much more peaceful in my own little sanctuary I call home.

I live near the ocean and enjoy listening to the surf. I also love listening to rain. If I could not have the ocean near me, then I would want mountains and streams. I enjoy solitude.

Now...please tell me a bit about yourself?

I'm a Seattle guy. I like my alternative and grunge rock (also a disco fan), as well as my local professional sports teams (for college I'm a Notre Dame fan). My hobbies include sports, film buffery, history nerdism, reading, and drinking quality beer. I am an active member of the WA Air National Guard and work for NORAD. Growing up, I was in 4-H and raised pygmy goats, which I showed at the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe. I actually enjoy watching the four major golf tournaments during the year, so as I am now on my 10 year HS anniversary year - age seems to have finally taken me. I'm a nerd who likes to make really bad puns and word games to to annoyance of the people around me. I am also uber sarcastic.

Better?

I'm a stressed out, joyless Johnson. My name is Matt and I live in Hawaii. Every day I see the ocean and the jungle and God fuck it all.

There's a parrot in my neighborhood, a small green one, and the little bastard starts crying bloody murder every morning at about 3:30. And I'm forced to keep my windows oped because its so bloody hot that I'd have a heat stroke of I didn't. So having a heat stroke or hearing a freaked out parrot scream. Those are my options.

I went to the beach some weeks ago and cut my foot on a reef. Got MRSA infection and my foot looked like a dead whale liver, so my doctor put me on antibiotics. The antibiotics made me tired so defenseless that I got a sty eye the size of a kumquat, and an abscess on the roof of my mouth that had to be lanced and drained. Puss pocket my dentist called it. But she's hot. Its embarrassing going to the dentist when she's hot and you have hangover breath.

Welcome aboard.

LOL @ Fife! It out-Bakersfields Bakersfield. Try saying that 3 times.

Also for the new person, I'm seldom on here, but when I am, it's seldom.

I'm a Seattle guy. I like my alternative and grunge rock (also a disco fan), as well as my local professional sports teams (for college I'm a Notre Dame fan). My hobbies include sports, film buffery, history nerdism, reading, and drinking quality beer. I am an active member of the WA Air National Guard and work for NORAD. Growing up, I was in 4-H and raised pygmy goats, which I showed at the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe. I actually enjoy watching the four major golf tournaments during the year, so as I am now on my 10 year HS anniversary year - age seems to have finally taken me. I'm a nerd who likes to make really bad puns and word games to to annoyance of the people around me. I am also uber sarcastic.

Better?

So you liked mountain goats? Seems you have something in common with iolo.

Which island, Beefy? Only thing I can think of that makes me shudder about hawaii are the damn centipedes. They are MEAN, ugly and toxic. Ewww.
However, I think I would rather live with centipedes than be in Bakes. Yeah, I am familiar with that armpit of a city. I was born there.

I can't tell you any personal stuff because perverts like The Dude will show up at my house and try to have sex with my dog or cat. Yes I have one of each and I'm waiting for them to die.

Oahu, Kaimuki by Diamond Head. I got bitten by a blue hawaiian centipede once, quite the week wrecker. But they're fairly uncommon. The bigger nuisance is the giant flying cockroaches and the rats. Not fun having a cane spider on your glasses either. And that's before 1,100 homeless people ask you for a cigarette or a dollar before breakfast. Paradise. Shit on a shingle.

Back