Thailand's foreign retirees see their good life slip away

LOL If I could answer that question I'd be a far wealthier man than I am. She's a great woman. It's just she's nutso about this one thing which is a royal bummer to me cause the PI is such a beautiful country and who would rather sit for two weeks on a farm and do nothing or go exploring? I think another part of it is that once we get there she can't stand the idea of being away from her parents cause she only gets to see them once a year.

Isn't the answer to take them to Angeles with the two of you for a few days? Preferably in another hotel close by!

Isn't the answer to take them to Angeles with the two of you for a few days? Preferably in another hotel close by!

Great suggestion, that is what we had to do when we were kids, pile m all in the car & take them.. Worked great for us to, as there wasn't always room so they would dump us @ a pool someplace & we would swim the day away....:)

Great suggestion, that is what we had to do when we were kids, pile m all in the car & take them.. Worked great for us to, as there wasn't always room so they would dump us @ a pool someplace & we would swim the day away....:)

I pretty much can't get out of Thailand on my multi-entry visa, so will get a new one year extension in Thailand.

Last edited:

LOL You don't have much experience with farmers do you? Getting them off the farm is harder than moving a glacier. :)

My misses has finally compromised. On our next trip we're going to spend a day in Manila and then we're going to Boracay for the better part of a week and then going to visit her parents for the Christmas Holidays.

I pretty much can't get out of Thailand on my multi-entry visa, so will get a new one year in Thailand.

Thailand won't let you back in, or other countries won't let you out? What sort of nightmare can not leave and enter Thailand whenever he wants?

LOL You don't have much experience with farmers do you? Getting them off the farm is harder than moving a glacier. :)

My misses has finally compromised. On our next trip we're going to spend a day in Manila and then we're going to Boracay for the better part of a week and then going to visit her parents for the Christmas Holidays.

My missus is a farmers girl at heart, her parents are getting on but still plant rice and cut sugar cane occasionally. They don't have to do it but it's an ingrained part of them. They have been down to the Exploding Chicken a couple of times, not really their thing but her dad loved the Skytrain.

Back