The anything, but Amazon, and Goodreads discussion.

I ordered some walking onions which are due to arrive friday. I ordered a dozen bars of pine tar soap that are supposed to arrive tomorrow. One is a gift. Will leave it up to you to decide which one. Neither came from Amazon or Goodreads.

I ordered some walking onions which are due to arrive friday. I ordered a dozen bars of pine tar soap that are supposed to arrive tomorrow. One is a gift. Will leave it up to you to decide which one. Neither came from Amazon or Goodreads.

How large of an area do you need to plant them? I am really happy how last year's fall-planted onions did, so have new ones plus garlic on order to plant this fall.

How large of an area do you need to plant them? I am really happy how last year's fall-planted onions did, so have new ones plus garlic on order to plant this fall.

You grow onions up there? I didn't think they did very good around here.

It's funny the difference in climate between Ohio and Michigan is just enough different that Buckeye trees rarely grow North of the border!

You grow onions up there? I didn't think they did very good around here.

Yes, this is the 2nd year. Last year I planted in the spring and they didn't get too large. They were great keepers though. The fall-planted ones got normal size; will be harvesting this year's spring-planted onions in the next week.

It's funny the difference in climate between Ohio and Michigan is just enough different that Buckeye trees rarely grow North of the border!

That is incorrect. It's just that buckeye trees are called chestnut trees in Michigan. I grew up in Michigan. My grandfather had a huge "chestnut tree" in his back yard. That was in Michigan's "thumb."

Chestnuts and Horse Chestnuts are very different trees.
Buckeyes and Horse Chestnuts are very similar,slightly different color of the fruit,neither edible.
Buckeyes seem to be Native Trees,Horse Chestnuts roots are in
Europe!

Back