The climate always changes

An oceanographer. Why don't you know this stuff? :dunno:

Science is not difficult to understand.
A lot of anti-global climate warming data was funded and manipulated by big oil, who have got a vested interest in the out come, so the anti-global climate warming data is questionable.

A lot of anti-global climate warming data was funded and manipulated by big oil, who have got a vested interest in the out come, so the anti-global climate warming data is questionable.
If sea levels rise and storms increase in magnitude as claimed, it will destroy much of the oil companies coastal and ocean infrastructure, i.e. refineries and ocean rigs.

None of this negates the fact that the deep ocean is poorly understood or that NASA can not measure the impact of something as basic as clouds.

The Chinese are currently doing a great job in spewing out masses of greenhouse gases (primarily to service the demand from American and other Western societies...we like Chinese goods because they are cheap due to less focus on sustainability and human needs).

But at the end of the day the vast majority of the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere is still due to the US and western Europe when you look at the increase over time. HIstorically we ushered in the Industrial Revolution and we haven't really slowed down since. If you were to somehow check where most of that excess CO2 came form we still hold the record.

We're doing a lot better these days but not really. Because we merely shifted our manufacturing systems overseas to the Chinese who have a hit-or-miss approach to environmental regulations. We buy their stuff so we are supporting it.

But it doesn't really matter, does it? Last I checked China and America are stuck on the same planet so it's not like any bad outcomes will ONLY affect China.
So the Chinese have no clue about CO2, and neither does India. Got it :thup:

Let me know when the white lib elite set an example and stop using air travel, buying goods delivered by trucks or goods from foreign countries with lax environmental laws, using dirty electricity, and stop eating meat and using cement. When they stop, I'll know it's real.

Looking at Earth's history, CO2 was much higher in the past and life thrived. We are in the planet's 3rd Icehouse. It has not been this cold in 260 million years. Learn your history. And sea levels were 400 ft. lower 20k years ago.

Last edited:
If sea levels rise and storms increase in magnitude as claimed, it will destroy much of the oil companies coastal and ocean infrastructure, i.e. refineries and ocean rigs.

None of this negates the fact that the deep ocean is poorly understood or that NASA can not measure the impact of something as basic as clouds.
That's your opinion.

So the Chinese have no clue about CO2, and neither does India. Got it :thup:

Not what I said, not even remotely like what I said. I see you are not going to be able to discuss the topic. Sorry I responded.

Let me know when the white lib elite set an example and stop using air travel, buying goods delivered by trucks or goods from foreign countries with lax environmental laws, using dirty electricity, and stop eating meat and using cement. When they stop, I'll know it's real.

Looking at Earth's history, CO2 was much higher in the past and life thrived. We are in the planet's 3rd Icehouse. It has not been this cold in 260 million years. Learn your history. And sea levels were 400 ft. lower 20k years ago.

All this blather about "history". YES, the earth's climate has changed. Do you know how we know that? It's called paleoclimatology. And it's how we know how the NATURAL forcings can cause warming and cooling. And we better understand the natural forcings. But right now the natural forcings are NOT lining up with the temperature increase. So something else is afoot.

When you factor in human activities you find that the data makes perfect sense.

As loath as I am to say this...since we have taken SO LONG to address climate change
Climate cannot change.
because scientific illiterates demanded that we not that at some point we WILL have to make much more draconian cuts in our lifestyle.
Climate is not a branch of science.
That's just a fact.
Learn what 'fact' means. It does NOT mean 'proof' or 'Universal Truth'.
And a big portion of the blame for that will definitely fall on those who fought the science for decades based on their politics and lack of scientific training.
Science has no politics. Science isn't 'training'.
So, yeah, and then we'll tell the kids that it's in part because none of us could actually make any meaningful changes when we could still do so without major lifestyle changes.

Kudos.
Void argument fallacy.

Can you accurately measure the heat content of the oceans when we can't even understand and measure the deepwater circulation currents?
It is, of course, not possible to measure the temperature of Earth. Heat is not contained in anything. Oceans don't have a 'heat content'.
Which of the thousands of computer models do you believe in?
Computer models of the 'climate' are just random number generators.

It is very difficult to understand for someone that believes in the Church of Global Warming. This is a fundamentalist style religion that routinely denies theories of science as well as mathematics, particularly algebra, statistical mathematics, probability mathematics, and random number mathematics.

The Chinese are currently doing a great job in spewing out masses of greenhouse gases
There is no such thing as a 'greenhouse gas'. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You can't create energy out of nothing. You are ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics.
(primarily to service the demand from American and other Western societies...we like Chinese goods because they are cheap due to less focus on sustainability and human needs).
Buzzword fallacies ('sustainability', 'human needs').
But at the end of the day the vast majority of the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere
It is not possible to measure the global atmospheric content of CO2. CO2 has no capability to warm the Earth. You are still ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics and statistical mathematics.
is still due to the US and western Europe when you look at the increase over time.
Argument from randU fallacy. It is not possible to measure the temperature of Earth or the global atmospheric content of CO2.
HIstorically we ushered in the Industrial Revolution and we haven't really slowed down since. If you were to somehow check where most of that excess CO2 came form we still hold the record.
There is no such thing as 'excess CO2' in the atmosphere. CO2 is absolutely necessary for life to exist on Earth.
We're doing a lot better these days but not really. Because we merely shifted our manufacturing systems overseas to the Chinese who have a hit-or-miss approach to environmental regulations. We buy their stuff so we are supporting it.
And there it is...all hanging out pink and nakid. You are a Marxist, desiring to shut down manufacturing.
But it doesn't really matter, does it? Last I checked China and America are stuck on the same planet so it's not like any bad outcomes will ONLY affect China.
No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. Void argument fallacy. Like many religions, you are just preaching Doom and Gloom.

Actually, it's because the scientific illiterates are being challenged on many fronts about their stupidity. For example, the focus on CO2 alone. Methane, water (contrails), etc., are an issue but dismissed or ignored by the Gorebal Warming True Believers. Demands are being made from the scientific illiterates that we take certain courses with no alternatives considered like:
No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You can't create energy out of nothing. You are still ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics.
Battery cars but not ones that run on ammonia or hydrogen.
Solar and wind but not nuclear and natural gas
They are not only illiterate in science, they are illiterate in engineering. They want to control every aspect of your life. They are tyrants.
The envirotard front of Gorebal Warming is the great threat to civilization and the planet, not sane and sensible people wanting realistic solutions.
There is not 'problem' requiring a 'solution' here.
Yep, as usual, the Left will be blamed after the disaster but their academic class will "1984" the histories to make them blameless until they create a new social and economic disaster.
After what disaster?

What 'data'?
Why do you hate oil companies?
No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You cannot create energy out of nothing. You are still ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics.

Not what I said, not even remotely like what I said. I see you are not going to be able to discuss the topic. Sorry I responded.

All this blather about "history". YES, the earth's climate has changed. Do you know how we know that? It's called paleoclimatology. And it's how we know how the NATURAL forcings can cause warming and cooling. And we better understand the natural forcings. But right now the natural forcings are NOT lining up with the temperature increase. So something else is afoot.

When you factor in human activities you find that the data makes perfect sense.
Of course, it's what you said. You won't hold the Chinese responsible and all you do is blame Whitey.

What natural forcings? You want to talk about Milankovitch cycles? Do you even know what they are?

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You can't create energy out of nothing. You are still ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics.

Q = m(∆T) So, I'm not ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics. Energy can be transferred between masses. Gas and vapor has mass. Both the Sun and Earth have energy produced from nuclear reactions.
They are not only illiterate in science, they are illiterate in engineering. They want to control every aspect of your life. They are tyrants.

True.
There is not 'problem' requiring a 'solution' here.

There may or may not be, but pursuing solutions on the basis of politics rather than science and engineering is a bad thing.
After what disaster?
The impending one from their green agenda being fulfilled.

That's your opinion.
No, it is fact. Why don't you know this stuff? :palm:

A global analysis of coastal flood risk to the petrochemical ...​

1726869837398.png
ScienceDirect.com
https://www.sciencedirect.com › science › article › pii

by KM Capshaw · 2022 · Cited by 2 — Approximately 32% of global refineries lie within the Low Elevation Coastal Zone (LECZ), which is defined as the contiguous region along the coastline at

Of course, it's what you said. You won't hold the Chinese responsible and all you do is blame Whitey.

What natural forcings? You want to talk about Milankovitch cycles? Do you even know what they are?

You really need to learn the topic before you go blathering about it and assessing blame.

It's waaaay more than Milankovich cycles. But kudos on at least knowing that much.

Actually that's not true. I spent a year as an oceanographic chemical technician and I can say that oceanography is not really simple.

One of the things we were working on was tracking deep ocean currents.

You really need to learn the topic before you go blathering about it and assessing blame.

It's waaaay more than Milankovich cycles. But kudos on at least knowing that much.
Word salad :palm: You don't have a clue.

Back