The cold chill is going through here

LOL, I was at a hockey game where the temperature was double digits below zero. Lots of layers is the key.

Shit, they cancel the nordic ski races at 7° here.

There were some people ripping the NHL for going ahead with the game, but I'm pretty sure they LOVED that it was that cold. I think the Vikings/Seahawks playoff game that held outside a few years back was just as cold, and Ice Bowl was even colder but no one said a peep. It wasn't really that bad, I still had my gear. Funny thing, the last outdoor game that was held in Minnesota it was 40 degrees and people were worried it was too warm. This time, they had to WARM the ice to make sure it didn't crack. Really fun experience.

Good thermal underwear, the thin kind that pulls moisture really helps solve that problem. Because you can actually get hot with all that on.

Yeah? I've always had a problem with sweating with all those layers of clothes on. I tend to get soaked.

There were some people ripping the NHL for going ahead with the game, but I'm pretty sure they LOVED that it was that cold. I think the Vikings/Seahawks playoff game that held outside a few years back was just as cold, and Ice Bowl was even colder but no one said a peep. It wasn't really that bad, I still had my gear. Funny thing, the last outdoor game that was held in Minnesota it was 40 degrees and people were worried it was too warm. This time, they had to WARM the ice to make sure it didn't crack. Really fun experience.

Yes, w/ the proper clothing cold is more tolerable than most think. I happen to be in Bethel, AK at the moment. Earlier this week it was minus single digits but with a steady 30mph wind, bigger gusts of course. Windy all the time here on da tundra.
Next week on to Waikoloa Beach Resort, HI, for three month. My real summer. Even more so than AK summers.

That first layer is absolute key. I have a couple of pairs, and they aren't cheap but they work incredibly well.

:laugh: O.k Diesel!

Diesel will like this one.

yQ5T27K.jpg

Product details
Cold weather takes on a whole new meaning with these premium heavyweight men's thermal sets. The rich, cotton-blend waffle knit construction of these thermal shirt and pants allows you to withstand brutal sub-zero temperatures like a champ, while the moisture wicking waffle knit thermal underwear construction keeps you dry, toasty, and comfy.

1 set includes 1 thermal shirt and 1 pair of thermal pants

Country of origin: Imported

Materials: 60% Cotton, 40% Polyester

Men's Cotton Waffle Knit Thermal Underwear Set 2pc Shirt Long John
Functional fly
No-itch heat seal tag

Good one for it's price, Concart?

Diesel will like this one.

yQ5T27K.jpg

Product details
Cold weather takes on a whole new meaning with these premium heavyweight men's thermal sets. The rich, cotton-blend waffle knit construction of these thermal shirt and pants allows you to withstand brutal sub-zero temperatures like a champ, while the moisture wicking waffle knit thermal underwear construction keeps you dry, toasty, and comfy.

1 set includes 1 thermal shirt and 1 pair of thermal pants

Country of origin: Imported

Materials: 60% Cotton, 40% Polyester

Men's Cotton Waffle Knit Thermal Underwear Set 2pc Shirt Long John
Functional fly
No-itch heat seal tag

Good one for it's price, Concart?

Yep, as long as it's moisture wicking. That's the key. I'd say that pair should be in the 25-30 dollar range? I didn't see the price.

Yes, w/ the proper clothing cold is more tolerable than most think. I happen to be in Bethel, AK at the moment. Earlier this week it was minus single digits but with a steady 30mph wind, bigger gusts of course. Windy all the time here on da tundra.
Next week on to Waikoloa Beach Resort, HI, for three month. My real summer. Even more so than AK summers.

Nice. Almost anything is tolerable when you know you've got a three month break in Hawaii.

Back