the customers the NRA doesnt want to buy guns

Well, surprised the NRA isn't lobbying to change that. Why shouldn't minors be able to defend themselves?

What's a lawful activity? walking home from the store seems lawful.
there are alot of laws that restrict or deny rights to minors, gun laws being some of them. which gun laws would you like to see repealed to allow minors to defend themselves?

so you don't allow black children to have a gun to defend themselves but you allow domestic violence perps to have one so they can hunt black kids in the dark?

What age would like you to see people legally able to carry guns?

Really? Illinois Law STATEWIDE requires:

The purpose of the Apprentice License Program shall be to extend limited hunting privileges, in lieu of obtaining a valid hunting license, to persons interested in learning about hunting sports.

Provides that an Apprentice Hunter License may be issued to a person of any age.

Youth under the age of 18 years old must be supervised by a validly licensed resident or nonresident parent, guardian, or grandparent.

Provides that a person with an Apprentice Hunter License who is 18 years of age or older must be supervised by a validly licensed resident or nonresident hunter who is 21 years of age or older.
The Apprentice License shall be a one-time, non-renewable license that shall expire on March 31st of the following year.

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pages/ApprenticeLicense.aspx
when did that change then? because from 1979 to 1984 I was legally able to do what I said.

simply not true. I was able to carry a rifle/shotgun while hunting in Illinois without a parent present and under the age of 17, though parents were required to sign for consent to get an FOID card and a hunting license.

In Oklahoma, up until '82 when I turned 16, I was able to carry long guns hunting by myself...and did quite often. I just needed permission from my parents.

In Oklahoma, up until '82 when I turned 16, I was able to carry long guns hunting by myself...and did quite often. I just needed permission from my parents.

I am from the age of gunracks in pickup windows at high schools, lol, rural Kansas of course.

I am from the age of gunracks in pickup windows at high schools, lol, rural Kansas of course.

Yes, I carried my .22 rifle to school on the bus on Fridays a lot of the time so I could have it when I rode the bus on to my friend's house to spend the weekend. Then when I was old enough to drive I had the rack in the window of my Ford Courier pickup, guns in it, doors unlocked, windows open ... all day at school.

so its illegal for a child to hold their parents gun in florida?

NO..

They must have a Valid Junior Hunting license and be under Parental Supervision.

Or

Under SYG and State Castle Doctrine in defense of their Home

776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—
(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and
(b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.

(2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if:
(a) The person against whom the defensive force is used has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder, and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person; or
(b) The person or persons sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force is used; or
(c) The person who uses defensive force is engaged in an unlawful activity or is using the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle to further an unlawful activity; or
(d) The person against whom the defensive force is used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who enters or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person entering or attempting to enter was a law enforcement officer.
(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
(4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.
(5) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Dwelling” means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night.
(b) “Residence” means a dwelling in which a person resides either temporarily or permanently or is visiting as an invited guest.
(c) “Vehicle” means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.

Yes, I carried my .22 rifle to school on the bus on Fridays a lot of the time so I could have it when I rode the bus on to my friend's house to spend the weekend. Then when I was old enough to drive I had the rack in the window of my Ford Courier pickup, guns in it, doors unlocked, windows open ... all day at school.

Ya cant do that now a days a kid in the local HS realized he had his knife in his pocket when he went to school ( he had been hunting that morning )and trying to be a good student asked permission to take it to his vehicle so it wasn't in the school and they arrested him, the parents where informed even if he had put it in his car he could of been arrested

I am sure someone posted this but yall have way to many post to check each one , but according to Florida stats Blacks use the Stand your Ground law a 1/3 of all cases in Florida

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/bl...rtionate-rate/

I think it was Howey who posted a good article refuting that stand your ground laws help black people more than white people; it had to do with when you look at the victims, if the victim was black or hispanic, then SYG laws were said to apply a lot more often than if the victim was white. Maybe he'll post the link again. Think it was him...

Back