The Dixie Chicks Are Back, Better Than Ever. Nice Controversial Song... :)

Who told you that Uncle Ted is a "pedophile"?

What did he do that makes him a "racist"?

When did he "threaten Obama with violence"?

:dunno:

The Nuge Runs Afoul of Homeland Security At an NRA meeting in St. Louis in 2012, Nugent was doing his usual shtick, advocating guns for all and a Democrat-free government. Surrounded by his closest allies in the fight against non-Nugentness, Ted reached deep into his sack of hyperbole and pulled out an apparently solemn vow that he intended to inspire his fellow heat-packers to get Obama out of office: Via the voting booth, preferably, but by any means necessary."If Barack Obama becomes the next president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said, sounding tougher than a two-dollar steak.

It was probably the nicest thing the Nuge said about the president all week. This time, though, the violent connotations of his statement were enough to get the Secret Service interested in just how seriously Ted takes this stuff. The Homeland Security agency took time out of its busy schedule to meet with Nugent and gently remind him that while political criticism is protected speech, threatening the president with violence is highly illegal.

Shockingly, Nugent did not make good on his totally credible promise to take up arms and fight on until death or prison upon Obama's reelection. Then again, as the Secret Service concluded, his words are pretty meaningless.

Ted's Inhuman Remarks
It's no secret that Ted Nugent enjoys hobnobbing with politicians, or that politicians enjoy hobnobbing with virtually any celebrity who can draw a crowd. That's why Texas candidate for governor Greg Abbott decided having Ted around on the primary season campaign trail would be a barrel full of laughs for all involved. Abbott found out the hard way, however, that Nugent's talent for publicity can be something of a double-edged sword.

In an interview with Guns.com (duh!), Teddy Bear referred to a politician of mixed-race heritage as a "subhuman mongrel." Naturally, that politician was the President. Now, if you're thinking that "subhuman mongrel" sounds like the kind of racist bullshit that the KKK would have to say about Barack, you'd be dead wrong. Even the Klan realizes that people might find that sort of language off-putting in 2014. You'd have to go back at least to the violent, vigilante Klan of the 1960s to the term "subhuman mongrel" used in public.

Now might be a cool time to mention that in 1990, Ted told the Detroit Free Press that South African apartheid "isn't that cut-and-dry. All men are not created equal."

In deference to Abbott's campaign, Nugent eventually apologized for the mongrel remark, which he claimed (straight face and everything!) had nothing to do with the President's race. He did not back off the suggestion, obviously, that perhaps Obama should suck on his machine gun.

World's Greatest Dad
Weird thing about rock stars in the '70s: for whatever reason, they could have tons of sex with underage fans, and nobody tried to stop them. Jimmy Page did it, Steven Tyler did it, they kind of all did -- even the ones you like, hippie. So Ted was hardly alone in frisking his fair share of jailbait back in the day, but at least he was classy about it.

See, in 1978, Nugent wanted to shack up with a 17-year-old whom we can probably assume knew all the words to "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang." Problem was, he was 30, and she wasn't quite old enough to marry. Now, far be it from Ted to be living in sin with a teenager, so he did the proper thing. With her parents' (unbelievable) consent, he went ahead and became her legal guardian. He adopted her.

Oddly enough, the relationship didn't last -- the sexual one, not the father-daughter one. Well, actually both. Perhaps she gets a Christmas (never Xmas!) card every year. But hey, who cares? If it's cool with a Family Values Conservative like the Nuge's good buddy Greg Abbott, then adopting a schoolgirl in order to do unspeakable rock-star sex shit to her is cool with us, too."

https://www.houstonpress.com/music/review-the-eagles-toyota-center-march-6-2020-11454754

At an NRA meeting in St. Louis in 2012, Nugent was doing his usual shtick, advocating guns for all and a Democrat-free government. Surrounded by his closest allies in the fight against non-Nugentness, Ted reached deep into his sack of hyperbole and pulled out an apparently solemn vow that he intended to inspire his fellow heat-packers to get Obama out of office: Via the voting booth, preferably, but by any means necessary."If Barack Obama becomes the next president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said, sounding tougher than a two-dollar steak.

So he wasn't arrested, and he toned it down? BFD.

In an interview with Guns.com (duh!), Teddy Bear referred to a politician of mixed-race heritage as a "subhuman mongrel." Naturally, that politician was the President. Now, if you're thinking that "subhuman mongrel" sounds like the kind of racist bullshit that the KKK would have to say about Barack, you'd be dead wrong. Even the Klan realizes that people might find that sort of language off-putting in 2014. You'd have to go back at least to the violent, vigilante Klan of the 1960s to the term "subhuman mongrel" used in public.

That page could not be found. :thinking:

Now might be a cool time to mention that in 1990, Ted told the Detroit Free Press that South African apartheid "isn't that cut-and-dry. All men are not created equal." In deference to Abbott's campaign, Nugent eventually apologized for the mongrel remark, which he claimed (straight face and everything!) had nothing to do with the President's race. He did not back off the suggestion, obviously, that perhaps Obama should suck on his machine gun.

He apologized for the "mongrel remark".

Weird thing about rock stars in the '70s: for whatever reason, they could have tons of sex with underage fans, and nobody tried to stop them. Jimmy Page did it, Steven Tyler did it, they kind of all did -- even the ones you like, hippie. So Ted was hardly alone in frisking his fair share of jailbait back in the day, but at least he was classy about it. See, in 1978, Nugent wanted to shack up with a 17-year-old whom we can probably assume knew all the words to "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang." Problem was, he was 30, and she wasn't quite old enough to marry. Now, far be it from Ted to be living in sin with a teenager, so he did the proper thing. With her parents' (unbelievable) consent, he went ahead and became her legal guardian. He adopted her. https://www.houstonpress.com/music/review-the-eagles-toyota-center-march-6-2020-11454754

So it was all legal.

BTW, your last URL directs to a shitty concert review. On the Eagles. :nono:

So he wasn't arrested, and he toned it down? BFD.

How did I know you'd find some excuse for his actions? Damn. He got a visit from the Secret Service and DHS so apparently it was a BFD.

That page could not be found. :thinking:

You just didn't know where to look. Look at the video starting at 6:55. https://www.guns.com/news/2014/02/1...ammatory-remark-obamas-subhuman-mongrel-video

He apologized for the "mongrel remark".

And you think he was sincere? :rofl2: Go listen to that videotape again.

So it was all legal.

With this particular girl only. And even if the adoption was legal, it wasn't legal, moral or ethical to screw around with an underaged girl. Both he and the parents should have been arrested.

He got a visit from the Secret Service and DHS so apparently it was a BFD.

So did Watermark, and he's not in jail, either. BFD. :D

You just didn't know where to look. Look at the video starting at 6:55. https://www.guns.com/news/2014/02/1...ammatory-remark-obamas-subhuman-mongrel-video

That's not the link you posted before.

In an interview with Guns.com .

And you think he was sincere? :rofl2: Go listen to that videotape again.

I have no evidence that he wasn't, and neither do you. :D

With this particular girl only. And even if the adoption was legal, it wasn't legal, moral or ethical to screw around with an underaged girl. Both he and the parents should have been arrested.

That's your opinion. Since nobody got arrested, you can see how much weight your selective opinions carry in the real world. :D

BTW, I must have missed your indignant condemnations of your fellow DEMOCRAT who posted these gems on JPP:

I was sleeping with a 14 year old girl when I was 18.

I don't think its pedophilia to be attracted to a fully developed women. Its clearly "rape" for a 50 year old man to have sex with her, but if being physically attracted to a girl that looks like her... Im a criminal.

:D

I wonder who this song is about?

Gaslighter Official Video

Welcome back, Dixie Chicks.

We missed you!

Nice timing...

"Gaslighter
Denier
Doing anything to get your ass farther
Gaslighter
Big timer
Repeating all of the mistakes of your father"

Gaslighter Lyrics

Good video. I liked the old video as contrast. Not sure if the song will match "Not Ready to Make Nice", but it's a good song.

Hello Thing1,

Anyone ever hear of "Tomato-Gate"?

Women still have a long way to go w/ country radio.

I just read up on that controversy. Totally makes sense. What a shame women performers are so under-represented in country music. Are the listeners that chauvinistic? Is that why women get so little airplay? What happened to Shania Twain and Reba McIntyre? They were such a rage back before Natalie Maines spoke out.

I recently saw a feature presentation where an aspiring young female country artist (who sounded awesome, and was gorgeous) explained how she took her demo to a label and was told she 'was great but they already had a girl singer.' (Meaning they only needed one for the whole label.)

Here is a quick lesson in tomato-gate:

"Tomato-gate (also SaladGate[a]) was a 2015 controversy in country music, stemming from comments made by radio consultant Keith Hill to the country radio trade publication Country Radio Aircheck, regarding the under-representation of women in the playlists of country music radio stations. Hill advocated that stations ought not play songs by women artists back-to-back, and drew an analogy with the composition of a salad, with male artists as the lettuce, and female artists as the tomato garnish. The comments sparked broad outcry on social media and from a number of high profile female artists and others in the industry. It resulted in various measures aimed at addressing the gender gap in country music; however, despite the attention it garnered, subsequent investigation indicated that the gap had worsened in the years following the incident.

The controversy surrounding tomato-gate originated in comments made by radio consultant Keith Hill to the country radio trade publication Country Radio Aircheck in May 2015. Hill opined that country music radio stations should not include consecutive songs by women in their playlists. Drawing an analogy with the composition of a salad, Hill remarked:

If you want to make ratings in country radio, take females out. The reason is mainstream country radio generates more quarter hours from female listeners at the rate of 70 to 75 percent, and women like male artists. The expectation is we're principally a male format with a smaller female component. I've got about 40 music databases in front of me, and the percentage of females in the one with the most is 19 percent. Trust me, I play great female records, and we've got some right now; they're just not the lettuce in our salad. The lettuce is Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton, Keith Urban and artists like that. The tomatoes of our salad are the females.[4][3]

Reactions

Hill's comments drew widespread condemnation, especially on social media and from women in the country music industry, including Jennifer Nettles,[c] Martina McBride,[d] Miranda Lambert[e] and Leslie Fram.[f][g] The reaction drew general attention on the issue of gender inequality in country music. In the following CMA Music Fest in June, t-shirts were sold bearing slogans such as "Let the Tomatoes Play", and Martina McBride announced she would sell a "tomato" t-shirt for women, and "tomato lover" for men, with the proceeds going to benefit her charitable foundation, Team Martina.[7][8] The scandal was the topic of discussion in a panel at the show Next Women of Country, hosted at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.[7] Nashville based artist Kalie Shorr penned her 2016 single "Fight Like a Girl" in response to Tomato-gate, as she told the Chicago Tribune, to "handle being pissed off".[9]

The issue became viral online, using the hashtag #TomatoGate, and a range of efforts were introduced to address the gender gap, introduce new women artists, and publicize existing acts.[10] Among these, industry executive Todd Cassetty founded the program Song Suffragettes based in Nashville, to highlight new and emerging women singers and songwriters, and radio personality Bobby Bones announced the launch of an hour program dedicated to female country artists.[11][12][13]

However, in a follow up piece by The Tennessean three years later, the paper reported that despite "hope that bringing the issue to the surface would yield progress. It hasn't. In fact, by some metrics, women have lost ground in country music." This included the fact that from 2016 to 2017, the proportion of songs by female artists charted by Country Aircheck had dropped from 13% to 10.4%.[11]
Hill's response

Hill reported receiving online harassment and death threats following the incident, and later clarified to The Tennessean that his comments were tied to increasing the perception of variety among listeners in order to increase listening, saying "As verboten and as blasphemous as that is, it is the gravity of the purchasing behavior of the users or listeners of a free radio product."[14] He later told Variety that the analogy had "had no genderized bias embedded", and that in a meritocratic industry, "if women really wanted to hear more women, that's what [Country music radio stations would] be giving them".[15]

He elaborated further in an interview with Country Music Television, defending his remarks as being, as one author summarized, "hard-boiled: the clear-eyed perspective of country radio's goal to sell records" rather than advocating for social change:[2]

The producers of country music all want to sell a lot of records. They don’t want to sell just a few. And they aren’t personally motivated by wanting to get women back on the air or wanting to get the banjo back on the radio. They’d would make Balinese gong records backwards if they sold the most ... I’ve been in radio for 42 years, and I’ve made money out of figuring out what makes radio ratings go up. I make a very good living. I’m just sharing what I’ve uncovered.[16]"

Tomato-Gate

Hello and welcome Dutch Uncle,

I'm glad you found us. It seems online discussions may take on a new importance with social distancing. I am so glad we have this medium to interface with one another. (I don't do the FB thing.)

Good video. I liked the old video as contrast. Not sure if the song will match "Not Ready to Make Nice", but it's a good song.

It's really hard to look at new art and decide if it's good or not. Music usually takes time to 'sink in.' The song didn't do a lot for me the first time I heard it so I found the video and the lyrics to dig a little deeper. After a few times through, it began to grow on me. I like it. I think it's got the makings of being something great. Time will tell.

Hello Thing1,

Yeah, the "foreign soil" thing is such a cop-out.

Anything that anyone on the left has ever done to outrage conservatives, Trump has blown the roof off of. Everything, starting w/ saying that he only liked service vets who didn't get captured. The double-standard of Trump supporters is as epic as it gets - it needs a stronger term than "double standard."

Without message-manipulation there wouldn't be much to DT.

It is mind-boggling how people can become so removed from reality as American conservatives have.

Hello and welcome Dutch Uncle,

I'm glad you found us. It seems online discussions may take on a new importance with social distancing. I am so glad we have this medium to interface with one another. (I don't do the FB thing.)

It's really hard to look at new art and decide if it's good or not. Music usually takes time to 'sink in.' The song didn't do a lot for me the first time I heard it so I found the video and the lyrics to dig a little deeper. After a few times through, it began to grow on me. I like it. I think it's got the makings of being something great. Time will tell.

Hello and thanks.

Agreed on new music.

I just read up on that controversy. Totally makes sense. What a shame women performers are so under-represented in country music. Are the listeners that chauvinistic?

No, the listeners are not chauvinistic. This new Dixie Cunts' song represent what's wrong with a lot of women in country music, they hate men. I don't care to listen to female chauvinists singing songs inspired by their misandry.

Hello Thing1,

It's funny how history plays out. A lot of the same folks who called for boycotts of the Chicks voted for a (now) President who was vocally anti-war & who repeatedly insulted & criticized Bush and his family.

The Dixie Chicks have been vindicated, beyond any doubt.

There was nothing to be vindicated from. Maines did the right thing when she spoke out against the wrong war at the wrong time and the wrong place. And we had the wrong president then, too! The state of Florida rigged the vote with an unconstitutional voter roll purge. Gore would have won.

After a long, long hiatus, the Dixie Chicks are finally back. The country-pop trio have released “Gaslighter,” the lead single from their upcoming album of the same name, and their first since 2006.

Co-written with and produced by Jack Antonoff, “Gaslighter” is a fiery anthem inspired by divorce, particularly Natalie Maines’ prolonged legal battle to separate from her ex-husband. “Gaslighter/Denier/Doing anything to get your ass farther,” the Chicks belt out on the chorus. “Gaslighter/Big-timer/Repeating all of the mistakes of your father.”"

Rolling Stone: Dixie Chicks Burn It All Down With New Song ‘Gaslighter’

I wonder who this song is about?

Welcome back, Dixie Chicks.

We missed you!

Gaslighter Lyrics

From Your link to the lyrics:

Natalie Maines said about this track in an interview with Zane Lowe, "It was the first song we wrote with Jack Antonoff. At the time we thought we thought we were gonna write with a bunch of different people and get different producers and we wrote with him." "Gaslighter" was inspired by Maines' divorce from actor Adrian Pasdar.

Hello leaningright,

From Your link to the lyrics:

""Gaslighter" was inspired by Maines' divorce from actor Adrian Pasdar."

Well, I guess that explains who the song was written about.

Apparently, it is mere coincidence that it also describes Donald to a T.

And we have to wonder what most Dixie Chicks fans are going to think about the song.

It has come along at a very precipitous time in his presidency.

Back