The election escape discussion. A place to kick back and wait till it's over.

Charoite

Verified User
Setting this up as a reprieve. Don't hyper-focus on the results coming in, just chill and find something more pleasant to discuss. Here are a few topics I have down if you need a good discussion. Anime, Star Wars (minus Disney Wars), Bar drinks and liquor, mineral collecting, cooking, sword collecting, stuff about Northern Michigan, certain mythology.

I've gotten big into mineral collecting during COVID. Here's my latest acquisition.

s-l1600.jpg

Setting this up as a reprieve. Don't hyper-focus on the results coming in, just chill and find something more pleasant to discuss. Here are a few topics I have down if you need a good discussion. Anime, Star Wars (minus Disney Wars), Bar drinks and liquor, mineral collecting, cooking, sword collecting, stuff about Northern Michigan, certain mythology.

Yes. Ignore 'politics' on a Political Forum. These guys will do all the heavy lifting for you:

archives.
Centerleftfl.
CharacterAssasin.
Cinnabar.
domer76.
floridafan.
Gonzomin.
Jarod.
Katzgar.
Micawber.
reagansghost.
Trumpet.
... to name a few.

As you lay around gorging yourself with wine and venison, these guys are on the front lines bludgeoning the Trumtopians as they attempt to take over our Republic.
Praise Jesus and Thank God we have Warriors that will crush the skulls of the Forces of Evil. Pummeling the Fascists back into their rat holes and snake pits.

Yes. Ignore 'politics' on a Political Forum. These guys will do all the heavy lifting for you:

archives.
Centerleftfl.
CharacterAssasin.
Cinnabar.
domer76.
floridafan.
Gonzomin.
Jarod.
Katzgar.
Micawber.
reagansghost.
Trumpet.
... to name a few.

As you lay around gorging yourself with wine and venison, these guys are on the front lines bludgeoning the Trumtopians as they attempt to take over our Republic.
Praise Jesus and Thank God we have Warriors that will crush the skulls of the Forces of Evil. Pummeling the Fascists back into their rat holes and snake pits.

Off-topic forum, Jackie. Don't let this turn out like Amazon Tavern. You have hundreds of other discussions to mess around in. I happen to enjoy discussing other things with posters here.

My attention (why I wonder?) moves straight to 'bar drinks and liquor'. What has happened over here is depressing: even when the pubs are open, they are really restaurants, though a few American-style small bars are opening in towns. You used to be able to just wander round to the pub, meet lots of people you knew and talk about rugby, sing, tell jokes, behave like people, but now it's hardly worth going if you don't go in a party - the booze costs much more than it does bottled in super-markets, you can't drive there unless you are into lemonade, and the barman's too busy to give you the time of day - and all this before the bloody VirusLurgy19 struck. What with this, the end of religion and most of all the banning of crowds from rugby matches, you hardly wonder at gruesome phenomena like Johnson, Trumpf and Climate Destruction! Back to home-brew and the Cave, while even they last!

Last edited:

archives.
Centerleftfl.
CharacterAssasin.
Cinnabar.
domer76.
floridafan.
Gonzomin.
Jarod.
Katzgar.
Micawber.
reagansghost.
Trumpet.
... to name a few.

iu

tenor.gif

My COVID downtime included Plato's Republic & Polish vodka

Plato's philosophical project is offering us the chance to strive toward perfection through a moral and political framework purportedly inspired by Socrates:

1. We must start by organizing ourselves from within (the soul) -- in the harmonious and virtuous soul, reason rules passion and is assisted by spirit.
2. Then, we can organize the chaos without (the external world).

archives.
Centerleftfl.
CharacterAssasin.
Cinnabar.
domer76.
floridafan.
Gonzomin.
Jarod.
Katzgar.
Micawber.
reagansghost.
Trumpet.
... to name a few.

No reason to groan Grajonca. Jack's obviously being facetious listing those posters.

My attention (why I wonder?) moves straight to 'bar drinks and liquor'. What has happened over here is depressing: even when the pubs are open, they are really restaurants, though a few American-style small bars are opening in towns. You used to be able to just wander round to the pub, meet lots of people you knew and talk about rugby, sing, tell jokes, behave like people, but now it's hardly worth going if you don't go in a party - the booze costs much more than it does bottled in super-markets, you can't drive there unless you are into lemonade, and the barman's too busy to give you the time of day - and all this before the bloody VirusLurgy19 struck. What with this, the end of religion and most of all the banning of crowds from rugby matches, you hardly wonder at gruesome phenomena like Johnson, Trumpf and Climate Destruction! Back to home-brew and the Cave, while even they last!

Somewhere I read that over in England they will drink beer warm. Is this an actual trend?

Somewhere I read that over in England they will drink beer warm. Is this an actual trend?

Since you plan on laying out when the action starts, I propose you be used as a 'Bayonet Shield' by our Freedom Fighters on the Epic Fight to Save America from Fascism!

Since you plan on laying out when the action starts, I propose you be used as a 'Bayonet Shield' by our Freedom Fighters on the Epic Fight to Save America from Fascism!

Please stop Jack, everyone just wants this election to be over. We vote and we wait. Or do you actually think casting shade on maybe 20 regular Trump supporters amounts to anything?

Character Assassin should be used as the bayonet shield.

CrocMan and the other Layabouts (like 'ThatOwlWoman') refuse to stand up and confront the JPP Fascists. Refuse to go toe-to-toe, mano-a-mano, eyeball to eyeball, with the Forces of Evil.
But ... when the fighting is over and it's time to eat ... who's first at the table demanding "What's to Eat?!?"

Watch what happens when the Ticker Tape parade of Blue Team Freedom Fighters weave their way down the Streets of America. CrocMan and the other Layabouts will try to sneak in and claim they were part of the Fight.

Please stop Jack, everyone just wants this election to be over. We vote and we wait. Or do you actually think casting shade on maybe 20 regular Trump supporters amounts to anything?

(shaking head) Stop making excuses. We're at the Crossroads. SMASH the JPP Bluntskulls NOW, or live under Fascism and the End of the Planet as we know it.
Get off that big fat ass, grab your weapon of choice, be a part of History, ...

Back