The evolution of complex life

They had to have very active brains to survive.

Paleolithic human were probably far more in tune with their environment, and had tool and weapon making skills that are virtually beyond us.

Making a good Clovis point is difficult. You have to know the right kind of rocks, and have the skill to fracture the rock in a specific way. Modern humans have great difficulty making a good Clovis point.

Paleolithic people probably had navigational skills, tracking skills, boat building skills, and could read stars, wind, and water in ways we have completely forgotten.

If you spend much time outdoors observing birds and animals, you can learn what *they* observe and react to, and what that means for you. Is a predator close by? A food or water source? The kill of a predator? They would have had those skills as well.

I think that the bushbaby will still stand out from the society they were raised in. Given that they are small nocturnal primates and not hominids.

He was talking about a baby of the species homo sapiens sapiens who lives in the bush, not the animal called "bushbaby."

He was talking about a baby of the species homo sapiens sapiens who lives in the bush, not the animal called "bushbaby."

Yeah, that became clear. But it was his original phrase "bush baby" that tripped me up. Maybe not calling a child born in subsaharan Africa a "bush baby" is a better approach. Just sounds a bit, well, "wrong".

Yeah, that became clear. But it was his original phrase "bush baby" that tripped me up. Maybe not calling a child born in subsaharan Africa a "bush baby" is a better approach. Just sounds a bit, well, "wrong".

It is somewhat inaccurate, that's true. Guess you're new to the forum? Welcome!

If you spend much time outdoors observing birds and animals, you can learn what *they* observe and react to, and what that means for you. Is a predator close by? A food or water source? The kill of a predator? They would have had those skills as well.

They certainly had brains just as smart as us, they just hadn't invented calculus or washing machines yet.

Their cave art also shows they weren't just hairy brutes, but they were thinking about time and space in abstract ways.

They certainly had brains just as smart as us, they just hadn't invented calculus or washing machines yet.

Their cave art also shows they weren't just hairy brutes, but they were thinking about time and space in abstract ways.

They were recording experiences, IMO, to pass on when they were dead. That is the essence of humanity -- our ability to record experiences and knowledge to share after our deaths. Maybe that's why our co-humans didn't last as long as we have?

This thread is about the evolution of complex life,

but said complexity seems to be diminishing rapidly

as the planet's inhabitants are obviously becoming more and more simple.

You have been studiously avoiding giving your idea for how eukaryotes originated.

I assume your idea has something to do with a guy with white beards wearing robes and waving a magical wand.

We know that prokaryotes existed as long as 3.4 billion years ago.

We don't see eukaryotic cells until two billion years ago.

Genetics seems to suggest that all life is genetically related and traces to a common origin.

That means it is unlikely eukaryotic cells just appeared independently on their own.

A reasonable hypothesis is that an archaea cell and a bacterium formed some kind of symbiotic relationship two billion years ago, giving rise to a eukaryotic cell structure.

So what is your idea for how the eukaryote cell originated?

My guess is, according to what he believes, it happened a few billions of years, on an expedited timeline (God can make billions of years pass in minutes it seems), after God said, "Let there be light!" And the Big Bang happened... starting off a long term plan generating, eventually, the building blocks and finally complex life and lastly mankind...

But I should let him answer. This idea of his God would be better explained by a believer.

Do not know what you mean. You believe that the world's scientists are deficient in intelligence?

I'm not limiting it to the scientists.
The signs of total species devolution are unmistakable.
This forum may serve as exhibit one.

We may be rushing to Ai because organic intelligence is getting so sketchy.

You are just a dope.

I do have the one regret about probably never having the opportunity to personally address the BidenPresident problem.

You are totally devoid of class as evidenced by your laughable communicative "skills."

I shouldn't waste my time with somebody who obviously grew up in a fucking barn.

You keep making disrespectful remarks without reason, and where I come from,

that gets somebody's parts floating in three different rivers.

Your parents raised you as a fucking lowlife so fuck them. too.

Your mom is probably related to you in at least two other ways as well.

I do have the one regret about probably never having the opportunity to personally address the BidenPresident problem.

You are totally devoid of class as evidenced by your laughable communicative "skills."

I shouldn't waste my time with somebody who obviously grew up in a fucking barn.

You keep making disrespectful remarks without reason, and where I come from,

that gets somebody's parts floating in three different rivers.

Your parents raised you as a fucking lowlife so fuck them. too.

Your mom is probably related to you in at least two other ways as well.

bye asshole

My guess is, according to what he believes, it happened a few billions of years, on an expedited timeline (God can make billions of years pass in minutes it seems), after God said, "Let there be light!" And the Big Bang happened... starting off a long term plan generating, eventually, the building blocks and finally complex life and lastly mankind...

But I should let him answer. This idea of his God would be better explained by a believer.

That's basically just a fancy way of saying some guy waved a magic wand.

I can respect the religious traditions that just come out and say the act of creation is unfathomable and unknowable to the human mind.

That is a perfectly reasonable and honest position to take.

What the Evangelical Protestants try to do is create a scientific theory out of a preconcieved theological premise. That's not really honest and forthright.

Back