The evolution of complex life

Frantically googling for tidbits of information on religion and science, and then rushing back here to pass it off as your own original thoughts is not a sign of scientific literacy.

The only reason I think this idea is compelling is that it points to an actual mechanism for abiogenesis. And we have very few good, tangible ideas for the mechanism for abiogenesis because it predates Darwinian descent with modification theories, and we're still largely in the dark about it.
Not a biologist, and not playing a PhD online, but while I agree the research narrows down where the possibility of abiogenesis could have taken place, I have two problems with your statement:
1. As discussed previously, there could have been other lifeforms with LUCA being the dominant surviving form.

2. There is nothing in the research that indicates the leap from inanimate materials to living organisms. Only that LUCA appears to be the first form. The theory of extraterrestrials taking a dump on sterile rock before departing is as equally viable as abiogenesis. :)

The worst part is: Cypress posts science articles and then will NOT discuss the science. He vastly prefers to just lash out and attack. Especially if you fail to acknowledge his "great scientific mind".

That's why Doc Dutch exists. He is the poster who really likes Cypress and will ALWAYS support him. Watch this forum. Doc will show up in a couple more posts. He'll then start giving "thumbs up" like mad to Cypress' posts and then he'll offer words of comfort to Cypress about how he is the smartest on the board and Perry is a putz.

It's sad to watch. But it WILL happen.

I have had the Dutch person on ignore for years. But you may be right, one or two, it is a pathetic display.

Not a biologist, and not playing a PhD online, but while I agree the research narrows down where the possibility of abiogenesis could have taken place, I have two problems with your statement:
1. As discussed previously, there could have been other lifeforms with LUCA being the dominant surviving form.

2. There is nothing in the research that indicates the leap from inanimate materials to living organisms. Only that LUCA appears to be the first form. The theory of extraterrestrials taking a dump on sterile rock before departing is as equally viable as abiogenesis. :)

Wow. That didn't really take any time at all! Doc shows up on cue!

Thanks Cypress! I predicted it and it happened!!!! Isn't science cool???

Let's see how your disagreement with Cypress goes, Doc. I tried to make a similar point but all you...I mean, he, could do was bring up old grievances.

LOL.

You two are hilarious.

The worst part is: Cypress posts science articles and then will NOT discuss the science. He vastly prefers to just lash out and attack. Especially if you fail to acknowledge his "great scientific mind".

That's why Doc Dutch exists. He is the poster who really likes Cypress and will ALWAYS support him. Watch this forum. Doc will show up in a couple more posts. He'll then start giving "thumbs up" like mad to Cypress' posts and then he'll offer words of comfort to Cypress about how he is the smartest on the board and Perry is a putz.

Wow. You have a lot of rage, Perry. Jealousy too. False claims, self-righteousness, envy. You've covered most basics of a distressed person.

Why do you invest so much emotion into a minor discussion on a minor forum out of the thousands of forums available?
Did someone get your goat? :rofl2:

Wow. You have a lot of rage, Perry. Jealousy too.

Why do you invest so much emotion into a minor discussion on a minor forum out of the thousands of forums available?
Did someone get your goat? :rofl2:

And so it begins. This thread is now officially over. Doc and his sock Cypress have settled on their favorite game.

-le sigh-

Why don't you just start talking to your sock, Cypress, about your mutual brilliance. It will save us all a LOT of time and pain.

And so it begins. This thread is now officially over. Doc and his sock Cypress have settled on their favorite game.

-le sigh-

Why don't you just start talking to your sock, Cypress, about your mutual brilliance. It will save us all a LOT of time and pain.

I am keeping Cypress and Dutch on ignore.

Let's see how your disagreement with Cypress goes, Doc. I tried to make a similar point but all you...I mean, he, could do was bring up old grievances.

LOL.

You two are hilarious.

Scroll up, Perry. Let go of your rage and try to use your reason...if you are able.

IMO, somewhere along the line you snapped. I strongly doubt you have a PhD even though you may have been working on one when whatever happened to you, happened.

-le sigh-

You are Dutch's sock, not Cypress. Now I don't agree with Cypress very much, but he's a hell of a lot smarter than you, Dutch.

There's no way you could pull off pretending to be Cypress.

LOL.

You two are hilarious.

-le sigh-

:laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

7cwaif.jpg

You are Dutch's sock, not Cypress. Now I don't agree with Cypress very much, but he's a hell of a lot smarter than you, Dutch.

There's no way you could pull off pretending to be Cypress.
Since I don't have a PhD, feel free to call Perry a fucking scumbag lying piece of shit.
qpoJR5a.gif
z2Kw2et.gif
qpoJR5a.gif

For somebody who supposedly just joined the board recently, you seem to have been reading a lot of my posts and stewing in resentment. I barely ever took notice of you until a week ago.

I leave you to deal with your festering grievances

For somebody who supposedly just joined the board recently, you seem to have been reading a lot of my posts and stewing in resentment. I barely ever took notice of you until a week ago.

I leave you to deal with your festering grievances

Perry is Dutch. Accusing you of being his sock is his way of employing misdirection. He thinks he's being clever. :palm:

He does the same with philosophy. He mentions a bunch of people. Try to discuss it with him and he gets angry and says you are hating on him.

You are a notorious fibber who always lies your flabby ass off about me.

When I write responses on your threads, you only ever respond back with one sentence monosyllabic grunts or insults.

As far as I can tell, this concept linking thermodynamics to a abiogenesis is just an idea. It hasn't been fleshed out to the point where it can be tested.

LUCA is as far back as we seem to be able to trace out genetic legacy. What came between LUCA and prebiotic chemistry is a mystery, and we are well into the realm of conjecture and hypothesis involving RNA precursors, metabolism-first hypotheses, and clay mineral template catalysts.

As far as I can tell, this concept linking thermodynamics to a abiogenesis is just an idea. It hasn't been fleshed out to the point where it can be tested.

LUCA is as far back as we seem to be able to trace out genetic legacy. What came between LUCA and prebiotic chemistry is a mystery, and we are well into the realm of conjecture and hypothesis involving RNA precursors, metabolism-first hypotheses, and clay mineral template catalysts.

Agreed the research indicates all life on Earth is traced back to LUCA. My points of disagreement were asserting it as evidence of abiogenesis and that it was the only form of life on Earth to exist at the time or previously.

I'm not asserting "divine intervention" unless people want to include space aliens taking a dump on a sterile Earth as "divine intervention". I'm only saying I don't know and the facts, as presented, are not proof about the origin of LUCA.

Back