The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who are able to leave the house...check on your neighbors...
If you're shopping, get some extras....Put together some care packages, and deliver them....
It's tough for some to get out, especially to pantries....Save them the trip...

Good morning. Dr. Fauci is convinced the virus will return in the fall.

Hopefully, it will leave, so that it can return. I am afraid that it will just continue until fall.

It is out there too far to completely isolate. That probably means that even if you think you have eliminated it, like China has, there will another wave. Hopefully we are getting herd immunity from this, and that will stop it.

Herd immunity would require somewhere between 25% and 75% of us to have it.

Hopefully, it will leave, so that it can return. I am afraid that it will just continue until fall.

It is out there too far to completely isolate. That probably means that even if you think you have eliminated it, like China has, there will another wave. Hopefully we are getting herd immunity from this, and that will stop it.

Hopefully they will have developed a vaccine by then. But the big question is will the FDA take it's usual 2 to 3 years of testing to approve it. I don't know about you but I'm tired of wearing a mask every time I go shopping.

For those of you who are able to leave the house...check on your neighbors...
If you're shopping, get some extras....Put together some care packages, and deliver them....
It's tough for some to get out, especially to pantries....Save them the trip...

Some of us don't live in neighborhoods where the houses are less than 20 ft. apart. :laugh:

I dunno what happened there, but why not leave it there??

If you got the ass w/ him why bring it here??

He didn't want you here in the first place if I recall correctly, & some of us went to bat for you.

Pls, respect his thread & take it back to the war zone thread or make your own..

thnx..

Thanks Bill. How are you doing during the stay home period?

Oh saw some bad news for my son. Disney may not reopen till 2021. I guess he will have to find new work if and when things open up again. I doubt Disney is going to pay these people till they reopen.

Oh saw some bad news for my son. Disney may not reopen till 2021. I guess he will have to find new work if and when things open up again. I doubt Disney is going to pay these people till they reopen.

Oh wow. I hope that's not true. But yeah -- big amusement parks with international travels does not sound like a good place to stay healthy right now.

70% - 80%.

You noticed that too!!! They keep saying, when it comes back, we’ll, as far as I can tell it hasn’t left. It’s still infecting and killing people. It’s only slowing because people are staying in.

Singapore, who was touted as doing everything right is seeing numbers surge.

Hopefully they will have developed a vaccine by then. But the big question is will the FDA take it's usual 2 to 3 years of testing to approve it. I don't know about you but I'm tired of wearing a mask every time I go shopping.
It’s a $1000 fine in Houston if you aren’t wearing one! Yikes

It sucks, sorry for your son. My daughter had a vacation planned next month to celebrate my grandson’s 5th birthday. My son is waiting to find out if he will lose his job at Alpine oil field. I am hoping he is spared.

You noticed that too!!! They keep saying, when it comes back, we’ll, as far as I can tell it hasn’t left. It’s still infecting and killing people. It’s only slowing because people are staying in.

Singapore, who was touted as doing everything right is seeing numbers surge.

Sweden's experiment doesn't seem to be working out so well either.

It’s a $1000 fine in Houston if you aren’t wearing one! Yikes

Wow. They really mean it there. That's surprising, since TX is generally pretty laissez-faire when it comes to stuff like that. I'm not sure if I can agree with that strictness. I'm also puzzled at why ppl up here can't use motorized craft on Michigan waterways. To keep them from clumping together at the marinas?

It sucks, sorry for your son. My daughter had a vacation planned next month to celebrate my grandson’s 5th birthday. My son is waiting to find out if he will lose his job at Alpine oil field. I am hoping he is spared.

Good luck to him the oil industry is really taking a beating with all the travel cuts.

Wow. They really mean it there. That's surprising, since TX is generally pretty laissez-faire when it comes to stuff like that. I'm not sure if I can agree with that strictness. I'm also puzzled at why ppl up here can't use motorized craft on Michigan waterways. To keep them from clumping together at the marinas?
Houston is blue country! Thank goodness. Yes, there are some measures that are a bit ridiculous. I agree

But stupid people are why we can’t have nice things.

Oh dear....Lots of our kids are out of work with no clear reopening in the near future....
We'll help them make it work....Time to get creative....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back