The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Top. My truck broke on me :(, the gear shift cable broke or somehow disconnected. We stopped by the store yesterday and I backed out of the parking spot put in drive and it stayed in reverse. Now the worse part. We had a lot of rain and people get stupid when it rains so all the tow companies were tied up handling accidents. we booked a tow and took a cab home. 4 hrs later the tow truck dropped the truck off at the house. My nephew has a job this weekend.

Morning Top. My truck broke on me :(, the gear shift cable broke or somehow disconnected. We stopped by the store yesterday and I backed out of the parking spot put in drive and it stayed in reverse. Now the worse part. We had a lot of rain and people get stupid when it rains so all the tow companies were tied up handling accidents. we booked a tow and took a cab home. 4 hrs later the tow truck dropped the truck off at the house. My nephew has a job this weekend.
Oh, dear...it's always something, isn't it? It can be fixed, though;) Especially if you're lucky enough to have a mechanic "in house".... (Lyft is cheaper than a cab...just fyi;) Hope you had AAA///I gift that to everyone;) Even if you have Roadside assistance with insurance... They seem to be faster and more reliable around here...

Good morning Grump :cool:

Oh, dear...it's always something, isn't it? It can be fixed, though;) Especially if you're lucky enough to have a mechanic "in house".... (Lyft is cheaper than a cab...just fyi;) Hope you had AAA///I gift that to everyone;) Even if you have Roadside assistance with insurance... They seem to be faster and more reliable around here...

Hope you had AAA///I gift that to everyone;) Even if you have Roadside assistance with insurance... They seem to be faster and more reliable around here..

When all the tow truck companies are tied up with wrecks AAA isn't any faster. It kills me that I have gotten to old to be crawling under my truck. :(

When all the tow truck companies are tied up with wrecks AAA isn't any faster. It kills me that I have gotten to old to be crawling under my truck. :(

I can't crawl out of the pool anymore using the side,I have to go down to the ladder.
And I have to take my BP water pill before going to the pool,so I have to get out to pee.
A few times,I'm classy enough not to use the pool as a bathroom.

I can't crawl out of the pool anymore using the side,I have to go down to the ladder.
And I have to take my BP water pill before going to the pool,so I have to get out to pee.
A few times,I'm classy enough not to use the pool as a bathroom.

Yea this getting old sucks. All those things we took for granted are long gone.

Broken shift cable sicks. I snapped a throttle cable once, had to idle home. Luckily, It wasn't too far.

The tow driver crawled under put it neutral let me start put it in drive so I could pull it into the drive. When I was a teen my transmission went and I only had reverse. So I drove it two miles home in reverse. lucky it was all back streets.

Lucky you~ luck in that it happen going 3 miles an hour in a parking lot, rather than middle of nowhere, on a busy street etc...

The tow driver crawled under put it neutral let me start put it in drive so I could pull it into the drive. When I was a teen my transmission went and I only had reverse. So I drove it two miles home in reverse. lucky it was all back streets.
:laugh::laugh:

Damn, hope he can fix it. And that you don't need a whole news transmission.

I just took a shit in aisle 3 of the general store. it's splattered all over the floor so please call the janitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back