The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bar none worst beer I ever had was Vietnamese 33. They had the dest quality control, lol. You could drink a 12 pack and still be stone cold sober. The next time 3 would floor you.

Two worst I can recall was Dixi, made in NOLA & longhorn, some place in Texas.. Opened a can of longhorn & it had started to foam up, so I set it aside & almost the entire can foamed out, which was just as well as I wasn't going to drink it.. Tasted like it was strained through dirty papertowels & Dixi tasted like it had sat in the old tin can for over 2 years, sittin in the hot NOLA sun..

Lots of the micro are pretty high Alc content, like North Coast Brewery has several, bad thing is you can taste it.. Rasputin is about 10% & taste like 20% w/ rubbing alc & very high hopped.. two of those & you're about done you, drink the 4pk & you are going to know it the next morning........

The bar none worst beer I ever had was Vietnamese 33. They had the dest quality control, lol. You could drink a 12 pack and still be stone cold sober. The next time 3 would floor you.

That's not necessarily bad beer. Just think of it as Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beerwhere you never know what you're going to getand be prepared to accept the consequences.

HappyBirthdayAmerica.jpg

Two worst I can recall was Dixi, made in NOLA & longhorn, some place in Texas.. Opened a can of longhorn & it had started to foam up, so I set it aside & almost the entire can foamed out, which was just as well as I wasn't going to drink it.. Tasted like it was strained through dirty papertowels & Dixi tasted like it had sat in the old tin can for over 2 years, sittin in the hot NOLA sun..

Lots of the micro are pretty high Alc content, like North Coast Brewery has several, bad thing is you can taste it.. Rasputin is about 10% & taste like 20% w/ rubbing alc & very high hopped.. two of those & you're about done you, drink the 4pk & you are going to know it the next morning........

I was on temp duty in San Antonio and got to tour the Lone Star brewery. I found that the draft was pretty good didn't like the can different flavor. Alas my savoring of good beer wine food is long gone. I lost my sense of smell and that effected my taste. It's a real bitch not being able to taste a good steak. Strange is I can taste sweet, sour, hot dogs and things like that. I always hated sweet tea now that is what I drink. At least I can taste coffee.

I had a friend who was in Vietnam,he said they always drank,
San Miguel.

San Miguel.

That is what we drank on base but I don't remember if the bars down town served it. I just remember I hated 33 but it was better than the watered down expensive booze.

I was on temp duty in San Antonio and got to tour the Lone Star brewery. I found that the draft was pretty good didn't like the can different flavor. Alas my savoring of good beer wine food is long gone. I lost my sense of smell and that effected my taste. It's a real bitch not being able to taste a good steak. Strange is I can taste sweet, sour, hot dogs and things like that. I always hated sweet tea now that is what I drink. At least I can taste coffee.

Interesting, only a partial loss, well better than losing it all...........

Did you have an injury or surgery???

San Miguel.

It is actually pretty good, kinda carmely...

What I find hard to understand is why you would want a dark beer (usually hardy) in a sweltering 95 degrees & 100% humidity??

LOL interesting thread, today everyone is on their cell phone or other electronics. Just today I mentioned to my wife our grandkids have been on their ipads all morning. Boggles my mind. When we were kids we did our chore for the day and out we went.

LOL interesting thread, today everyone is on their cell phone or other electronics. Just today I mentioned to my wife our grandkids have been on their ipads all morning. Boggles my mind. When we were kids we did our chore for the day and out we went.

Join the club. My grand kids are either sleeping, eating or texting/playing games on their phones. You should hear the groans when they have to help out. LOL

Good morning all. Today the bride and I celebrate our 53rd anniversary. Having a cook out for the grand kids, that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back