The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Another beautiful day.

Today in history.
"1797: World's first parachute jump
French balloonist Andre-Jacques Garnerin makes the first parachute descent, landing safely from a height of about 3,000 feet over Paris."

Good morning. Another beautiful day.

Today in history.
"1797: World's first parachute jump
French balloonist Andre-Jacques Garnerin makes the first parachute descent, landing safely from a height of about 3,000 feet over Paris."
Cool...I jumped once....it was pretty amazing but I didn't listen to the one giving me directions and landed quite a bit off course...but....
My boyfriend broke his leg (spiral fracture-didn't now it until late that evening:(
Would I do it again...no way...lol...but I'm glad I took the plunge....nothing like you've ever experienced...

Last edited:
Cool...I jumped once....it was pretty amazing but I didn't listen to the one giving me directions and landed quite a bit off course...but....
My boyfriend broke his leg (spiral fracture-didn't now it until late that evening:(
Would I do it again...no way...lol...but I'm glad I took the plunge....nothing like you've ever experienced...

I never jumped but I had to attend water survival school because the missions the planes I flew on were all over water. The last lesson was taking us up to 200 feet in a parasail. That was pretty cool.

I never jumped but I had to attend water survival school because the missions the planes I flew on were all over water. The last lesson was taking us up to 200 feet in a parasail. That was pretty cool.
That would be cool...I ski but never parasailed....

My cousin is into those ultralights with the parachute. He and a few of his friends travel all over the country to conventions and get-togethers. He won best engineered at a big one in Texas a few years back. He flies around here, I see him buzzing around occasionally.

Morning Top. I found the best stuff for getting rust stains off almost anything. My well I use to water my lawn is heavy in iron and stained the brick, shutters, and front door. This stuff took it right off with minimal rubbing. I have since put a 50 micron filter on the well which appears to have fixed the problem. Because of rule 6 I can't post the name but you can PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back