The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden and Warren both have a very good chance. I like Bernie but between his age, recent health scare, and out-of-the-mainstream ideas I don't think he would do as well.

At this early point, I think the polls that show every single (D) candidate beating Twittler is more a reflection on how disliked he is, rather than a measure of how liked they are.

Your thoughts?

I think you have it.

The GF told me her sister told her that one of the women she worked with was told by the "human resources manager" she had to go back to college and get a degree to continue doing the same job she's done for the last 29 years! This woman told the "human resources manager" to stick the job up her ass and quit. WTF!! Who, in their right mind, would think that getting a college degree would make this woman with 29 years of experience more knowledgeable doing what she's done for the last 29 years? What makes these assholes think someone, just because they have a college degree, knows more than someone with 29 years of experience doing the same job?
When I did interviews for machinists, I wanted someone who had working experience and knew what they were doing, I didn't give a shit if they had a piece of paper from some stupid college! What the hell is our country coming to when actual working experience is no longer essential, but a damned piece of paper is? The GF told me that the hospital she works at now requires a college degree for a secretary/ receptionist :palm:

End of rant!!

Good morning. Hearth bricks are down got to wait for the adhesive to dry and then grouting. Looks good we gave it a rustic look. I'll post a pic when done.

The GF told me her sister told her that one of the women she worked with was told by the "human resources manager" she had to go back to college and get a degree to continue doing the same job she's done for the last 29 years! This woman told the "human resources manager" to stick the job up her ass and quit. WTF!! Who, in their right mind, would think that getting a college degree would make this woman with 29 years of experience more knowledgeable doing what she's done for the last 29 years? What makes these assholes think someone, just because they have a college degree, knows more than someone with 29 years of experience doing the same job?
When I did interviews for machinists, I wanted someone who had working experience and knew what they were doing, I didn't give a shit if they had a piece of paper from some stupid college! What the hell is our country coming to when actual working experience is no longer essential, but a damned piece of paper is? The GF told me that the hospital she works at now requires a college degree for a secretary/ receptionist :palm:

End of rant!!

Might have been a ploy to force her out,and give the job to a much younger person at a much lower rate of pay.

Any subject is open, as long as everyone stays polite and respectful.

I have said this from day one Trump's biggest enemy is his mouth and Twitter. Every time he goes on a rant it just makes him look bad. He has plenty of spokespeople. If he wants to twitter in defense then stay positive and lay out the facts instead of calling the subject of his ire names. Remember perception is reality and there are a lot of fence sitters out there. I would hate to see him lose to one of the Democrats running against him, because of his temper.

As I said, without Twitter, the leftist media would completely control the narrative. You think that's a good thing? It's only your personal perception that his tweets make him look bad. Most of us see them as fighting back against the tyrannical left.

As I said, without Twitter, the leftist media would completely control the narrative. You think that's a good thing? It's only your personal perception that his tweets make him look bad. Most of us see them as fighting back against the tyrannical left.

I don't believe it's just me. In fact I know it isn't every conservative I talk in my area plus my extended family all say basically the same things as I do. He's doing a pretty good job on the economic front not so great diplomatically. But we wish he would turn down the rhetoric. Even with all his faults he is better than what the Democrats have fielded.

I don't believe it's just me. In fact I know it isn't every conservative I talk in my area plus my extended family all say basically the same things as I do. He's doing a pretty good job on the economic front not so great diplomatically. But we wish he would turn down the rhetoric. Even with all his faults he is better than what the Democrats have fielded.

His behavior is an embarrassment to the world.
He has dragged the Republican party down to his "locker room " level.

I just can't agree with that. Making American "number one" means working for *all* the citizens, not just the scant minority that support you. And that's what his tweets do -- they are red meat to the minority (his base) but they deliberately alienate the rest of us, and pit us against each other. Don't you find it disturbing that after the Charlottesville disaster that he had to be pushed to say anything about it other than "good people on both sides"? Really? But the rest of the time everyone who doesn't agree with you are bad people? 45 is only in this for his own ego; anyone who disagrees or criticizes is bad.

As for the economy, it's well-known that businesses could have been hiring ("creating jobs") since the recession ended but many of them sat on their hands waiting for the (D) to be gone and an (R) to be elected. Trump has done little to nothing to spark the continuation of the economic recovery; it would have happened no matter which (R) got the job. This is why business and the GOP are so cozy in bed together.... they believe (often erroneously) that (R)s are better for them.

I really hope someone else runs against him in the primaries and that the GOP pushes him out. We don't need any more of this horrible divisiveness. If you (group you) can't see this rift between our people, or see it and don't care because your guy hates all the same ppl you hate, then you are part of the problem as well. I would consider voting for an (R) candidate if I was assured that he/she would bring us together again. A booming economy doesn't mean shit when your nation is so deeply divided as we are now.

</dismounts soapbox>

Now I need a nap. lol

End of rant!!

That's totally ridiculous! Mason might be right though, that they are trying to force her out in order to hire someone for less pay. The same thing has happened in the nursing field off and on too. It's a cyclical thing; sometimes we have a shortage of nurses, other times a glut. When there's a glut, LPNs and ADN RNs are often told by their employers that if they want to keep their jobs, they have to go back to college and get a BSN. My sister worked for 20+ yrs in a university medical center's ICU and was told that she needed to upgrade her RN to a BSN, or else find another job. She did that and they did pay for it, but what about the ppl who can't afford it or who don't have the time? Ironically after she got her BSN, a nursing shortage arose and they were back to hiring ADN-RNs and even LPNs for the medical floor.

I just can't agree with that. Making American "number one" means working for *all* the citizens, not just the scant minority that support you. And that's what his tweets do -- they are red meat to the minority (his base) but they deliberately alienate the rest of us, and pit us against each other. Don't you find it disturbing that after the Charlottesville disaster that he had to be pushed to say anything about it other than "good people on both sides"? Really? But the rest of the time everyone who doesn't agree with you are bad people? 45 is only in this for his own ego; anyone who disagrees or criticizes is bad.

As for the economy, it's well-known that businesses could have been hiring ("creating jobs") since the recession ended but many of them sat on their hands waiting for the (D) to be gone and an (R) to be elected. Trump has done little to nothing to spark the continuation of the economic recovery; it would have happened no matter which (R) got the job. This is why business and the GOP are so cozy in bed together.... they believe (often erroneously) that (R)s are better for them.

I really hope someone else runs against him in the primaries and that the GOP pushes him out. We don't need any more of this horrible divisiveness. If you (group you) can't see this rift between our people, or see it and don't care because your guy hates all the same ppl you hate, then you are part of the problem as well. I would consider voting for an (R) candidate if I was assured that he/she would bring us together again. A booming economy doesn't mean shit when your nation is so deeply divided as we are now.

</dismounts soapbox>

Now I need a nap. lol

All I can say is I believe you are 100% wrong.

Wrong about what? That Trump is a horribly divisive leader? That our country is more divided now than at any other time in our lifetime?

1. The economy.
2. The country was severely divided under Obama. I honestly believe race relations went down during Obama's term. In fact I see more respect for the police under Trump that there ever was under Obama.
3. I will grant you that Trump like Obama are and were dividers, I'm not sure which one is worse.

1. The economy.
2. The country was severely divided under Obama. I honestly believe race relations went down during Obama's term. In fact I see more respect for the police under Trump that there ever was under Obama.
3. I will grant you that Trump like Obama are and were dividers, I'm not sure which one is worse.

The country was divided during the Obama years was mostly due to Whites that could come to grips with a black man in the "White"House.
We have seen under Trump these kind of Whites come out of the woodwork to support Trump.
Whether Trump is racist,IDK.
He certainly shows signs of white supremacist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back