The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points...but...If she's claiming to be "intimidated and hurt", then that's a game....

I don't know if the president tweeted about my job performance and other things I might feel intimidated also. don't forget he has the power to cause her a lot of misery.

I don't know if the president tweeted about my job performance and other things I might feel intimidated also. don't forget he has the power to cause her a lot of misery.
Was she unable to go on after the tweet was read to her? I watced a couple of clips of her answering questions....she plays a good game....she's a well seasoned player....

He even stated during the fateful phone call, while discussing her with Zelensky: "she was 'going to go through some things.'"

I would certainly take that as a threat. In addition, his bashing and smearing of her while she was testifying could possibly have a chilling effect on future witnesses, don't you agree?

Was she unable to go on after the tweet was read to her? I watced a couple of clips of her answering questions....she plays a good game....she's a well seasoned player....

Exactly. She has 30+ years in the diplomacy field. She's faced tougher adversaries than Trumpelthinskin. She comports herself exactly as we want our country's overseas representatives to behave.

He even stated during the fateful phone call, while discussing her with Zelensky: "she was 'going to go through some things.'"

I would certainly take that as a threat. In addition, his bashing and smearing of her while she was testifying could possibly have a chilling effect on future witnesses, don't you agree?

I'm not sure. Remember all she testified to was hearsay stuff. She did Say that her boss told her to show her support of the president and to email the president reassuring him she supported him and his policies toward Ukraine. Clearly she didn't do these things so she wasn't intimidated at that point. Any witness that is willing to testify against a sitting president has to feel a little intimidation. I'll repeat myself.
Someone please take the presidents twitter account away!

I'm not sure. Remember all she testified to was hearsay stuff. She did Say that her boss told her to show her support of the president and to email the president reassuring him she supported him and his policies toward Ukraine. Clearly she didn't do these things so she wasn't intimidated at that point. Any witness that is willing to testify against a sitting president has to feel a little intimidation. I'll repeat myself.

He gets himself in so much trouble with that Twitter.

Amb. Yovanovitch did not feel threatened at the time; as she testified, she wasn't aware that Trump had threatened her position to Zelensky until after the transcript was released and she read it. She already had a pretty good clue why she was ousted and who was behind it; that "she's going to go through some things" and the other bad-mouthing of her to Zelensky was the icing on the cupcake.

We're discussing politics in the General Store now? Why would you want to take the President's Twitter account away? So he has no voice with the people in combating this charade? Don't be ridiculous. If Trump didn't have Twitter, the media and the DNC would have complete control over the narrative.

We're discussing politics in the General Store now? Why would you want to take the President's Twitter account away? So he has no voice with the people in combating this charade? Don't be ridiculous.

Any subject is open, as long as everyone stays polite and respectful.

I have said this from day one Trump's biggest enemy is his mouth and Twitter. Every time he goes on a rant it just makes him look bad. He has plenty of spokespeople. If he wants to twitter in defense then stay positive and lay out the facts instead of calling the subject of his ire names. Remember perception is reality and there are a lot of fence sitters out there. I would hate to see him lose to one of the Democrats running against him, because of his temper.

I have said this from day one Trump's biggest enemy is his mouth and Twitter. Every time he goes on a rant it just makes him look bad. He has plenty of spokespeople. If he wants to twitter in defense then stay positive and lay out the facts instead of calling the subject of his ire names. Remember perception is reality and there are a lot of fence sitters out there. I would hate to see him lose to one of the Democrats running against him, because of his temper.
Keep in mind that lots of his supporters love the "fireworks"....did they announce the tweet during the proceedings?
Right now, there's no Democrat who has a chance....is there?
Anyway, getting ready to put in some bricks? We're meeting up with another possible foster tomorrow...;)

Keep in mind that lots of his supporters love the "fireworks"....did they announce the tweet during the proceedings?
Right now, there's no Democrat who has a chance....is there?
Anyway, getting ready to put in some bricks? We're meeting up with another possible foster tomorrow...;)

Wrong. Trump can't beat any of the current (D) candidates.

3mwf9Ew.jpg

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/National.html

He would come across as a LOT more presidential if he would follow your advice, ignore the vendettas and screeching in all caps, and just post positive things on Twitter. Most of us over 40 have learned to shrug off inconsequential negative comments and focus on doing our jobs to the best of our abilities. He hasn't.

Back to General Store chatter....the perfect fall afternoon here...the smoker's smokin'... brisket and tri-tip..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back