The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Pioneertown in southern Calf. had a rare heavy snow storm which is headed your way Top.
What is up w/ the weather report from there?? I never heard of it before... There is a local town about 50 miles up the hill named Pioneer..

I see it is out in the desert down south??

What is up w/ the weather report from there?? I never heard of it before... There is a local town about 50 miles up the hill named Pioneer..

I see it is out in the desert down south??

Looking at the pictures it looks like a tourist attraction.

Don't forget...pork and sauerkraut today...and Hoppin John, etc;)
If this isn't your traditional feast, do you have a special meal to kick off the New Year?

Happy New Year. Our new years eve dinner was Brats hot off the grill, red cabbage and German mustard. Todays dinner will be grilled steak, saute mushrooms, fresh green beans and garden salad.

Happy New Year. Our new years eve dinner was Brats hot off the grill, red cabbage and German mustard. Todays dinner will be grilled steak, saute mushrooms, fresh green beans and garden salad.

Nice! Happy New Year to you and your family as well. Mr. Owl brought home a "family feast" from Red Lobster last night. So we gorged ourselves on that, then binge-watched Dr. Who till midnight. Went outside to a night filled with stars, quiet except for an occasional pop from a frozen tree, and distant coyote song. And this morning we awoke to a beautiful dawn. Life is good! Hope the coming year brings you happiness, health, and humor.

Nice! Happy New Year to you and your family as well. Mr. Owl brought home a "family feast" from Red Lobster last night. So we gorged ourselves on that, then binge-watched Dr. Who till midnight. Went outside to a night filled with stars, quiet except for an occasional pop from a frozen tree, and distant coyote song. And this morning we awoke to a beautiful dawn. Life is good! Hope the coming year brings you happiness, health, and humor.

Same to you and yours. Maybe the new decade will bring peace and heal old wounds.

Don't forget...pork and sauerkraut today...and Hoppin John, etc;)
If this isn't your traditional feast, do you have a special meal to kick off the New Year?

Had some last night at a New Year's Eve party. We usually stay home and cook our own, but this year decided to go to a party at an Eagle's club where a favorite local band was playing. Got a motel room right next door, so the adult beverages were flowing, lol. A good time was had by all, but sadly, no pork and sauerkraut leftovers.

Pork and Kraut,carrots and mushrooms today!
Kroger had pork roast on sale $.99 a lb!
Bought one for the freezer was $11.41,I paid $2.25

Mr. Owl got me one of those smoking tubes that we were discussing in Jade's Recipe thread. Love it! Did a pork tenderloin the other day... cold-smoked it for two hours, then ovenized it after marinating in a bit of teriyaki, garlic, and pepper with a home-made rub on the outside. It was amazing.

Mr. Owl got me one of those smoking tubes that we were discussing in Jade's Recipe thread. Love it! Did a pork tenderloin the other day... cold-smoked it for two hours, then ovenized it after marinating in a bit of teriyaki, garlic, and pepper with a home-made rub on the outside. It was amazing.

My Dad use to get pork loin or beef loin,cut it open,fill with stuffing,then tie it back together,put bacon strips on top to drip into the dressing and bake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back