The Honest General Store - Honest management guaranteed

Dutch Uncle

Sworn to support and defend the Constitution
This is a thread for folks to sit around the old county store with the pot bellied stove in the middle and shoot the breeze in a friendly manner. Any subject is permissible but no flame wars will be tolerated. I will warn and retro ban.

Sorry if you can't go through a day without getting up close and personal with others.
You ban me then post to me knowing I can't respond? What kind of person are you?

3welyr.jpg

Last edited:
Think positive;)
Excellent advice and I always encourage others to do the same.

Life is too short to spend it hating others, spreading hate or simply being a bitter person. I prefer taking Auntie Mame's advice:

“Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!”

This is a thread for folks to sit around the old county store with the pot bellied stove in the middle and shoot the breeze in a friendly manner. Any subject is permissible but no flame wars will be tolerated. I will warn and retro ban.
Good evening! I’m waiting for my carne ala mexicana to be done, going to serve it with roasted corn and tortilla. It’s our Easter celebration, it’s not the same without the kids.

Good evening! I’m waiting for my carne ala mexicana to be done, going to serve it with roasted corn and tortilla. It’s our Easter celebration, it’s not the same without the kids.

I cooked my wife her favorite: cornish game hen. Then we played Yahtzee. Yes, not the same without family but, thanks to modern technology, it's not as bad as back in the day depending upon a telephone call with no answering machine. :)

61Fs975x9zL._AC_SY355_.jpg

I cooked my wife her favorite: cornish game hen. Then we played Yahtzee. Yes, not the same without family but, thanks to modern technology, it's not as bad as back in the day depending upon a telephone call with no answering machine. :)

61Fs975x9zL._AC_SY355_.jpg
So very true

Praise Jesus for Honest Management.
(I'm so ever tired of these Snowflakes and their 'Safe Places')
The slightest micro-aggression, and BAM! you get put on their extensive 'Thread Ban' list.

Wow -- no ban list to begin! Nice job. Hope it lasts.

Praise Jesus for Honest Management.
(I'm so ever tired of these Snowflakes and their 'Safe Places')
The slightest micro-aggression, and BAM! you get put on their extensive 'Thread Ban' list.

The good news is that it's an excellent tool for revealing their true character. It's one thing to label a person a flake, a coward, a liar, etc, but it's a quantum level above opinion to have them prove it for all to see.

It still sounds delicious though. We're having the traditional ham, potatoes, etc. And the Bunny brought Mr. Owl an Easter basket, COVID be damned. lol

Wow -- no ban list to begin! Nice job. Hope it lasts.

LOL. I haven't even looked into how to do it. If I do research it, then it'll also be with the idea of undoing it. As I mentioned to Jack, it's better to just let people prove they are insane, assholish guttersnipes rather than spend dozens of posts calling them such. :)

LOL. I haven't even looked into how to do it. If I do research it, then it'll also be with the idea of undoing it. As I mentioned to Jack, it's better to just let people prove they are insane, assholish guttersnipes rather than spend dozens of posts calling them such. :)

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but aren't almost all the threads here already doing that? lol

We had ham, sweet red cabbage, salted cucumbers, mashed potatoes, boiled eggs, kulich, and pashka.

I am finishing watching a video course on the Byzantine Empire. Wow, I realize now our traditional European and Western civilization college history courses are woefully incomplete - even misleading

Back