The JPP Cup

Oh and BTW, I emailed Thorn and she did express an interest in being a Judge.

I haven't been able to contact USL and SF is not interested in being a conservative Judge.

PMP, are you interested in being a Judge? I'd rather see you as a contestant but you do know the rules of debate.

I have no desire to be a judge...

You'd be good at it is the reason why you're being mentioned.

Its too bad we don't have guys like Immie, Stories, or Gentoo around here anymore, because they'd make great conservative judges. Also, Gonzojournals was excellent (his PhD in English literature would mean he's trained in formal English debate), and leaningright is a smart guy who rarely posts.

Since he's been around lately, why not ask Good Luck to do it?

I see....and would we count the votes of all the trolls the younguns have?

I think were better off selecting judges on qualifications vs a popularity contest.
Dude, the youngins don't use trolls. And if you did what every other sensible poster does and made the vote public, it would be a non-issue anyways.

Its too bad we don't have guys like Immie, Stories, or Gentoo around here anymore, because they'd make great conservative judges. Also, Gonzojournals was excellent (his PhD in English literature would mean he's trained in formal English debate), and leaningright is a smart guy who rarely posts.

Dude. It's a queer idea. Face it.

Dude, the youngins don't use trolls. And if you did what every other sensible poster does and made the vote public, it would be a non-issue anyways.

Not true, I have two trolls, and I know Watermark has trolls, even if he doesn't use them anymore. I haven't used mine in a while, either...

I do appreciate that, if one cannot be found, I would do so.

However, my preference would be to participate in the debate.

Oh and BTW, I emailed Thorn and she did express an interest in being a Judge.

I haven't been able to contact USL and SF is not interested in being a conservative Judge.

PMP, are you interested in being a Judge? I'd rather see you as a contestant but you do know the rules of debate.

having already proved my superiority, I have no problem judging the rest of you.....it would be a bit difficult for me to engage in any type of competition anyway, since I never stop debating an issue....I simply continue until my opponent disappears.....I'm not sure what your timeline is though, I will be on vacation next week.....

Last edited:

Before you could pick a conservative judge you'd need to find a conservative on these boards capable of admitting the conservative viewpoint isn't automatically correct, and frankly I haven't met many of those on these boards in the year and a half I've been here.

Before you could pick a conservative judge you'd need to find a conservative on these boards capable of admitting the conservative viewpoint isn't automatically correct, and frankly I haven't met many of those on these boards in the year and a half I've been here.

I think we can all concur.....none of us are fit to be judges...we have opinions.....as for your unfortunate choice of incorrect viewpoints, you have only yourself to blame....

I am PMP........i am incapable of proper.......punctuation....so i use ellipses with an.....inappropriate amount of periods.....instead..............

Back