The JPP, worst president poll.

Worst president.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i sure do and I remember he inherited a mess from Nixon’s dumbass gambit on price controls and his fixing the dollar to the price of gold and his needless alienation of OPEC nations that caused the oil embargo. To Carters credit when Fed Chair Paul Voelker told him that his proposed monetary policies would stop run away inflation but the problem would get worse before it got better to his credit Carte supported the Fed policy and when Reagan took over he continued those exact same policies because they worked. It was Carter though who had the courage to take the political hit. Now do I regret voting for Reagan over Carter, no I do not.

However this is not a difference of opinion. Nixon’s economic policies devastated our economy in the 70’s but not only that he he outright lied to this nation over expanding the Vietnam war, lied about escalating the bombing of a North Vietnam, he completely demoralized our military, abused his powers to spy on the American public and persecute his political opponents and committed criminal acts during the Watergate break in, not to mention his attempt to gut the Judicial branch of our government.

So this is not a matter of a difference of opinion. The historical facts bear that out. None of our Presidents in the last sixty years were even remotely as bad as Nixon was and the fact that he faced certain impeachment and conviction and probably criminal prosecution forced his resignation. You’d be hard pressed to argue that any US President was as bad as Nixon. Maybe Buchanan or Andrew Johnson. Harding maybe. That’s about it.

I hate to remind you but Ford was in office for 3.5 years before Carter. Sorry but you are giving Carter a pass.

Neither of us said any of that. Don't let that stop you. You must be doing one hell of a job of stewardship. Congratulations for being the environmental equivalent of the Racism Chihuahua.

As far as stewards go. 1. I sign numerous petitions. 2. Have planted gardens, and trees. 3. pick up trash around where I live. 4. recycle everything I can. 5. Donated to environmental causes. 6. Helped critters out of trouble.

As far as stewards go. 1. I sign numerous petitions. 2. Have planted gardens, and trees. 3. pick up trash around where I live. 4. recycle everything I can. 5. Donated to environmental causes. 6. Helped critters out of trouble.

You should kill yourself, so they can plant a tree in your ass. :good4u:

What the heck are you talking about? You made it seem like because the world would go on, the environmental destruction, and suffering it causes isn't a thing to worry about. At least that's the way it seems when you countered me calling Lum weird, for not caring about what environmental destruction would mean for life on Earth. Saying you don't care to worry about the environments protection, equates you don't care to worry about famine, suffering, etc. It's cause, and effect.

I "made it seem like," ... followed by, "At least that's the way is seems..."

Hyperbolic Bullshit sums up your post.

I "made it seem like," ... followed by, "At least that's the way is seems..."

Hyperbolic Bullshit sums up your post.

What are you saying then, when you defended what the other poster said? I assumed you were agreeing with him, since you said it wasn't weird to not worry about the environment. To me that's the same as not worrying about the cause, and effect. Just like how I'd say, you must not care about salmonella, if you eat raw cookie dough.

What are you saying then, when you defended what the other poster said? I assumed you were agreeing with him, since you said it wasn't weird to not worry about the environment. To me that's the same as not worrying about the cause, and effect. Just like how I'd say, you must not care about salmonella, if you eat raw cookie dough.

Once again, you are entirely wrong and totally hyperbolic.

I might of saved a dragonfly from drowning, but It's just my nature, not anything Saintly. Since sarcasm tends to equate meaning the opposite, I agree with you I'm nowhere near a saint. I don't intend to be, or ever want such designation.

I recently added a tree to my front yard. I drive a hybrid. Waste Management picks up my recycling every two weeks. Between us, we are doing our part. So chill, because it is a global issue and other than the above, there is nothing we can do about it.

I heard he had some rare good points though. Like forming the EPA, ending the draft, lowering voting age, and tribal self determination. I have yet to see squat from Trump, other than King of the world douchebaggery.

Nixon had little if anything to do with lowering voting age, that was done via Constitutional amendment. Nixon opposed creation of both EPA and OSHA but signed them into law because congress had a veto proof majority though to his credit he implemented both acts and the administrators he appointed were top tier. Normalization of relations with China was his greatest accomplishment but none of those give him a pass for his massive failure as POTUS.

AFAIK he's asking for opinion, not historical analysis.
Well that makes it a worthless poll as I stated previously. As anyone who is capable of reading our history and can think objectively outside the tribal partisan box there is only one factual outcome. No one POTUS in the last 60 years served this nation as poorly as Nixon.

Well that makes it a worthless poll as I stated previously. As anyone who is capable of reading our history and can think objectively outside the tribal partisan box there is only one factual outcome. No one POTUS in the last 60 years served this nation as poorly as Nixon.

I have to agree with this, with the caveat that Trump's chapter has not been written yet.

Last edited:
I hate to remind you but Ford was in office for 3.5 years before Carter. Sorry but you are giving Carter a pass.

Carter was a mediocrity who was a good administrator and inept politically at the National level. Was he as inept as W? Hell no. You’d have to go back to Harding for that. Was he as egregiously bad as Nixon? Not even W fucked things up that badly.

Listening to conservatives on Carter is like listening to Southerners on Robert E only in reverse. Lee. He didn’t completely suck but he wasn’t that great either. BTW Ford was only President for 2.5 years.

Last edited:
Listening to conservatives on Carter is like listening to Southerners on Robert E only in reverse. Lee. He didn’t completely suck but he wasn’t that great either.

I know right.......who objects to double digit inflation anyway.......after all, the man taught Sunday School in a Baptist church......he couldn't possibly suck, could he?.....

Carter was a mediocrity who was a good administrator and inept politically at the National level. Was he as inept as W? Hell no. You’d have to go back to Harding for that. Was he as egregiously bad as Nixon? Not even W fucked things up that badly.

Listening to conservatives on Carter is like listening to Southerners on Robert E only in reverse. Lee. He didn’t completely suck but he wasn’t that great either. BTW Ford was only President for 2.5 years.

You have your opinion and I have mine so what? And you're correct on Ford I went by year not month and year.

Back