## The Official Breaking Bad Thread ##

Remember, Walt is the master manipulator. Hank has finally had the "Ah Ha" moment. This is one part of the series that's been hard for me to believe. Walt's a PhD level chemist who drug manufacturing processes as a grad student. Now he's sick and hard up for money and Hank buys the gambling line of bs? That's one of the few parts of the show that wasn't credible. Be that as it may, Walt paid for Hanks rehab. Walt can ruin Hanks career. Will Hank tip Walt off that he knows Walt is Heisenberg? If he does that would spell doom for Walt but Hank would go down with the ship. Does Hank have the moral courage to do this? Walt also has another problem. As we know from our friends on Wall Street, there is no limit to greed. You can't just start up an operation like his, make a shit ton of money and then tell the principles involved "Ok, I got my shit ton of money. I'm walking away from it all now." It just doesn't work that way. So now Walt will have to worry about his Madrigal and "Say my name" partners and the DEA coming after his ass.

Walter White had gone down a remarkably dark path. From a grossly underachieving high school teacher and family man to bumbling bathtub meth manufacturer, to in over his head master meth cook, to a sociopathic master manipulator/criminal, to where he is now, a ruthless psychopathic leader of a new drug cartel bent on creating an empire. Then surprisingly he decides to drop his new found empire in order to reconcile with his family? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark and the only bet I'm making for Season 6 is that this is a charade and Walter has no intentions of humbly walking away from it all to become a regular joe again.

I just don't want to see them end this show on some kind of PC closure that promotes the idea that "this is how all criminals end up", or BS like the "Who Shot JR" dream sequence.

Now we have to wait until NEXT summer. :(

I thought them including this song, into the manufacturing process sequence, was aweesome.

I calculated that the stack of bills was about 6ft x 6ft x 2.5ft.
I wonder how much money that would be, even if it was just $20 bills.

I thought them including this song, into the manufacturing process sequence, was aweesome.

WAY more money than they'll ever be able to spend.

Great song for that sequence! :D

Assuming that they we're all $20 and the stack weighs 2,000 #'s (typical for a pallet of paper that size) would be around $18,000,000 dollars.

I just don't want to see them end this show on some kind of PC closure that promotes the idea that "this is how all criminals end up", or BS like the "Who Shot JR" dream sequence.
The whole show has been a morality play. Everyone who has collaberated with Walt has failed the morality test. Jesse, His wife, Saul, Mike, Gus, etc. I see the morality play shifting over to Hank. Walt is hopelessly lost. I doubt that he even tries to find redemption as a person. Will Hank pass the morality test? To do so he will probably have to sacrifice his career. Given how ambitious he is, will he pass or fail?

The whole show has been a morality play. Everyone who has collaberated with Walt has failed the morality test. Jesse, His wife, Saul, Mike, Gus, etc. I see the morality play shifting over to Hank. Walt is hopelessly lost. I doubt that he even tries to find redemption as a person. Will Hank pass the morality test? To do so he will probably have to sacrifice his career. Given how ambitious he is, will he pass or fail?

My comment had more to do with me not wanting this to end, by them trying to make some kind of Politically Correct point.

A couple of things I have been thinking would happen for a while.. Walt will admit to Hank he is (was) Heisenberg, but will blackmail him by threatening to implicate Hank, who took the money for rehab. I've been thinking this since they paid for Hank's rehab, and I still believe that will ultimately play out. The turn of events which cause that to happen, I am not sure, but I don't think the finding of the book in the bathroom will be what does it. I somehow think Walt will be able to explain that away, or maybe Hank doesn't confront Walt, and continues to investigate. Eventually, something will require Hank being told what's up.. my guess is, some unbeknownst German/Czech bad guys show up, and Walt's family is in real danger.

The other element that I have believed for a long time, will play a key role, is Walt Jr. (Flynn). I think he is somehow going to be killed, possibly with the rest of the family, but I believe he will somehow be important to the details, he will inadvertently lead hit men to the house, or befriend one of them, or something. He may find the Ricin and think it's drugs, taking it...then Walt has to watch his son slowly die, not able to save him. Something is going to take Walt's kids from him, this is his 'most valued possession' and it's somehow going to play a part in his downfall.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens now, with him "being done" and all... I don't think he will be able to just walk away. There are FAR too many lose ends. Jesse with 'fat stacks' will be interesting as well, and his reaction to the money... that is interesting. I somehow get the feeling Jesse is very conflicted morally, he sees that money as 'dirty' and can't live with a clean conscience about it. Don't know what happens there, but I have also thought it might be possible for he and Walt Jr. to cross paths, and maybe that money plays a role in Jr. becoming involved in the whole thing? Lots of questions remained to be answered and anything can happen with this show.

Correction on earlier comments, or more of a point of order, Season 5 is the final season of Breaking Bad. The last episodes are scheduled for 2013.

I love the show, but I am a little behind. I cut the chord for over a year but the mlb network wont let me watch local games, the pirated stuff sucked and the Super Bowl was a complete disaster. Actually, I think I will go do some netflix.

Well that is the end of season 4. Walt lost me when he let Jesse's girl choke. That was a dick move. I identified with Jesse from the start. Now I have to find out how he gets it. Grind I cast as Walt or Hank or maybe the red headed henchman. :)

I hope it is for true love. My guess, he takes one for Walt, his girl, her boy or Gus.

GbGb

Well that is the end of season 4. Walt lost me when he let Jesse's girl choke. That was a dick move. I identified with Jesse from the start. Now I have to find out how he gets it. Grind I cast as Walt or Hank or maybe the red headed henchman. :)

I hope it is for true love. My guess, he takes one for Walt, his girl, her boy or Gus.

GbGb

Walt kills Gus, at the end of last season.

Back