The official "Gold from 007" thread

Here now! There this thing called assimilation Tom. My ancestors immigrated to the US during the potato famine from Northern Ireland (Ulster I believe) where they had the choice of being starved to death by the Brits or killed by the Catholics. Family legend has it of the 5 brothers who originally immigrated from Ireland one was hanged for stealing a horse shortly after they arrived here.

Our families progenitor obtained a job as a laborer working on the Miami-Erie Canal and immigrated to Ohio where he was paid the standard Irish wage of a dollar a day and a bottle of whisky. When that job ended around 1850 he immigrated to Indiana and worked for the railroad (As did his male progeny until my fathers generation.) where he essentially assimiliated due to discrimination against the Irish. Which probably explains why our family isn't Catholic and doesn't have any real connections to the old country.

It was Noraid and Colonel Ghaddafi that kept the IRA going with weapons and Semtex yet apparently in the US nobody knows anything about it. It took something like 9/11 to dry up Noraid 'donations'.

Oooooh BURN!!!

What makes me really laugh is that Grind, JPP's wannabe version of Sean Parker lives in Boston, you can't get any more Irish than that. More than 3500 people out of a population of 1.7 million died in Northern Ireland over 30 years funded in large part by the east coast Irish yet you all appear to have developed an Irish American version of Omerta on the subject.

What makes me really laugh is that Grind, JPP's wannabe version of Sean Parker lives in Boston, you can't get any more Irish than that. More than 3500 people died in Northern Ireland over 30 years funded in large part by the east coast Irish yet you all appear to have developed an Irish American version of omerta on the subject.

So basically, you are on here attacking all Americans of Irish descent? You really are a fruit loop.

What makes me really laugh is that Grind, JPP's wannabe version of Sean Parker lives in Boston, you can't get any more Irish than that. More than 3500 people died in Northern Ireland over 30 years funded in large part by the east coast Irish yet you all appear to have developed an Irish American version of omerta on the subject.
Not really. It's just that outside of Boston no one really cares. It's not like that's the only troubled spot in the world.

Not really. It's just that outside of Boston no one really cares. It's not like that's the only troubled spot in the world.

Yes but how many other trouble spots were funded by US citizens? Anyway if nobody cared then why did Clinton go to Northern Ireland to bathe in the reflected glory of the 1998 peace agreement?

Why are you always dragging other people into your arguments? You are so gossipy and petty.

You love to ask others tough questions but you don't like being put on the spot yourself. I wouldn't consider 9/11 and terrorism in general to be a petty matter. BAC has stated that Ghaddafi was a saint and WT1, WT2 and WT7 were all controlled demolitions.

You love to ask others tough questions but you don't like being put on the spot yourself. I wouldn't consider 9/11 and terrorism in general to be a petty matter. BAC has stated that Ghaddafi was a saint and WT1, WT2 and WT7 were all controlled demolitions.

Which planet are you posting from?

What the fuck does bac have to do with your bashing of americans of irish descent? You must be the weirdest person I have ever encountered online.

Which planet are you posting from?

What the fuck does bac have to do with your bashing of americans of irish descent? You must be the weirdest person I have ever encountered online.

You called me a fruit loop for even considering that Irish Americans have some soul searching to do for the thousands that died from their donations, whilst praising BAC despite his barking mad views on 9/11. All I want you to do is say whether you agree or not with his views, I already know that you have no knowledge of Noraid as you've already said so and I therefore must believe you.

You called me a fruit loop for even considering that Irish Americans have some soul searching to do for the thousands that died from their donations, whilst praising BAC despite his barking mad views on 9/11. All I want you to do is say whether you agree or not with his views, I already know that you have no knowledge of Noraid as you've already said so and I therefore must believe you.

I called you a fruit loop for going after posters here who you know or suspect to be of Irish descent. It's really, really, weird.

The other weird thing about you Tom, is that you spend an awful lot of time trying to start trouble between two other posters. You are the King of "let's you and he fight". But you are barking up the wrong tree here, because BAC is someone I would never turn on. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he says, anymore than he agrees with everything I say. What it does mean is that he is a wonderful person. Not an asshole like some people I might know, TOM.

I called you a fruit loop for going after posters here who you know or suspect to be of Irish descent. It's really, really, weird.

The other weird thing about you Tom, is that you spend an awful lot of time trying to start trouble between two other posters. You are the King of "let's you and he fight". But you are barking up the wrong tree here, because BAC is someone I would never turn on. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he says, anymore than he agrees with everything I say. What it does mean is that he is a wonderful person. Not an asshole like some people I might know, TOM.

Consider me to be an activist trying to get people to realise what really happened as apparently your own media seems totally incapable of doing the job. I guess I am weird for standing up for the 29 people including two unborn children that died at the hands of the IRA in Omagh in 1998. There I must leave it as I have to pick up my car from the paint shop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omagh_bombing

Yes but how many other trouble spots were funded by US citizens? Anyway if nobody cared then why did Clinton go to Northern Ireland to bathe in the reflected glory of the 1998 peace agreement?

bro you realllllllllly overestimate how much most americans think about ireland.

Toms still pissed cause they had to go 15 rounds to beat the Faulken islands.
The Faulken islands!

Back