The Overton Window is open

There is a powerful technique called the Overton Window that can shape our lives, our laws, and our future.

It works by manipulating public perception so that ideas previously thought of as radical begin to seem acceptable over time.

Move the Window and you change the debate.

Change the debate and you change the country.

Our own government is a growing threat to freedom.

I've spent a full decade building what most guys would call an outstanding record of success with the ladies. Good looking, great job… I had all the credentials for a killer eHarmony profile.

Molly Ross has convinced me of the existence of a great threat to America which has its source in the government. Molly's hot, but it is an aloof and effortless hotness that almost double-dares you to bring it up.

Exposing the plan, and revealing the conspirators behind it, is the only way to save both the woman I love and the individual freedoms whe once took for granted.

Interesting. You almost lost me when you abruptly changed points, but thank God for that last sentence to cement the glue!!

I think this new troll is going to work out well. At least, its a nice departure from Legion (suck on this one, asswhole!!). Thoughts?

Interesting. You almost lost me when you abruptly changed points, but thank God for that last sentence to cement the glue!!

I think this new troll is going to work out well. At least, its a nice departure from Legion (suck on this one, asswhole!!). Thoughts?

The Overton Window is the title of Glenn Beck's new novel...a ridiculous, hackneyed, conspiracy theory pot-boiler.

The Overton Window is the title of Glenn Beck's new novel...a ridiculous, hackneyed, conspiracy theory pot-boiler.

I am sure your lofty opinion, Mr Blimpington, will stun him all the way to the bank!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Overton-Window-Glenn-Beck/dp/1439184305"]Amazon.com: The Overton Window (9781439184301): Glenn Beck: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RgGGWILPL.@@AMEPARAM@@51RgGGWILPL[/ame]

Editorial Reviews

Review
"Glenn Beck has just shattered the fiction barrier. The Overton Window is the perfect all-American thriller."—Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author

"A novel ripped from today's headlines and destined to be as controversial as it is eye-opening. No matter your politics, this Hitchcockian thriller will have you turning pages well into the night." —James Rollins, New York Times bestselling author

"A visionary work of fiction. One of the best thrillers I've read in years."
—Vince Flynn, New York Times bestselling author

"Glenn Beck never fails to amaze. The Overton Window, a rip-roaring read of the first order, is as good a political thriller as you're going to find this year."
—Nelson DeMille, New York Times bestselling author

I am sure your lofty opinion, Mr Blimpington, will stun him all the way to the bank!

Amazon.com: The Overton Window (9781439184301): Glenn Beck: Books

Editorial Reviews

Review
"Glenn Beck has just shattered the fiction barrier. The Overton Window is the perfect all-American thriller."—Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author

"A novel ripped from today's headlines and destined to be as controversial as it is eye-opening. No matter your politics, this Hitchcockian thriller will have you turning pages well into the night." —James Rollins, New York Times bestselling author

"A visionary work of fiction. One of the best thrillers I've read in years."
—Vince Flynn, New York Times bestselling author

"Glenn Beck never fails to amaze. The Overton Window, a rip-roaring read of the first order, is as good a political thriller as you're going to find this year."
—Nelson DeMille, New York Times bestselling author

WOW...Beck got good reviews for his book from two guys who are FREQUENT CONTRIBUTORS and REGULAR GUESTS on his show!

How does he do it?

Suit yourself, lady.

I'm telling you right now, you made the rules, but you're playing with fire here.

I've got some rules, too, and rule number one is, don't tease the panther.

Most people think about age and experience in terms of years, but it's really only moments that define us.

We stay mostly the same and then grow up suddenly, at the turning points.

My life being pretty sweet just as it was, I had devoted a great deal of effort in my first twenty-something years to avoiding such defining moments at all costs.

have you read the book?

To quote one of Mr. Blimpington's pat responses when you don't respond to him in his time frame:

Scene: Fat Man standing in too-tight sweat pants and a Frank Zappa 70's t-shirt, 3 sizes too small, showing the lower half of his stretch-marked belly, tapping an unmanicured stubby foot in tevo sandals from 10 Summers ago, while screeching at the top of his lungs:

"See?!! When confronted with the truth, you run away because you can't substantiate this story with anything that is the truth because you got your talking points from some leftwing radical rag....."

Yadda, yadda, yadda. If he wasn't so homely, he'd make a pretty good whiny fat girl.

what did you find specifically that was:

ridiculous, hackneyed, conspiracy theory pot-boiler

Specifically?

Well, of the bits I read, there was this character named Yurtsie, and he's basically this douchebag! Always uses real hokey dialogue...you know, standard "dime-store detective novel tripe". The guy also refuses to see the forest for the trees! He's forever making excuses for his friends and making ridiculous demands of those he disagrees with...

That help??

:cof1:

Sweet, I'd better get out there and buy it, add it to my "Inconvenient Truth" and other things in my political propaganda section of my library...

Specifically?

Well, of the bits I read, there was this character named Yurtsie, and he's basically this douchebag! Always uses real hokey dialogue...you know, standard "dime-store detective novel tripe". The guy also refuses to see the forest for the trees! He's forever making excuses for his friends and making ridiculous demands of those he disagrees with...

That help??

:cof1:

from the guy who whines about people insulting....hypocrite

so you lied about reading any parts from the actual book, rather, you read what someone else said on some left wing site that told you what to think and know you don't actually have an opinion, rather, what some other person thought of the book....

thanks

from the guy who whines about people insulting....hypocrite

so you lied about reading any parts from the actual book, rather, you read what someone else said on some left wing site that told you what to think and know you don't actually have an opinion, rather, what some other person thought of the book....

thanks

That's funny...when have you EVER believed anything I have said?

The truth is, it wouldn't matter whether I had read parts of the book or not. It is OBVIOUS you had already formed an opinion in your head and nothing I said was going to alter your pre-conceived notions.

The truth is, it wouldn't matter whether I had read parts of the book or not. It is OBVIOUS you had already formed an opinion in your head and nothing I said was going to alter your pre-conceived notions.
The irony in this post is truly amazing, although it gets second to MidCan's, earlier today.

wow...you really are this dishonest and stupid in real life

i formed to no preconcieved notions, HENCE my questions you dumbfuck

so typical of many of the libs on this board, when they have nothing, they just make shit up...i like how you still haven't actually said which portions are conspiracy nut case stuff...thanks again for proving you didn't read any of the book, if youi had, you would have civilly answered my questions and we would have a discussion on it, instread you go off on an ad hom fest and totally leave any rational discussion behind

loser

wow...you really are this dishonest and stupid in real life

i formed to no preconcieved notions, HENCE my questions you dumbfuck

so typical of many of the libs on this board, when they have nothing, they just make shit up...i like how you still haven't actually said which portions are conspiracy nut case stuff...thanks again for proving you didn't read any of the book, if youi had, you would have civilly answered my questions and we would have a discussion on it, instread you go off on an ad hom fest and totally leave any rational discussion behind

loser

The only thing that's been proven is your willingness to assume what you like based on your preconceptions of others.

You ASSUME I haven't read any of the book because you didn't get the answer you wanted...which is more or less how EVERY conversation with you goes.

You ask a question, the respondent doesn't answer it to your liking and you go off with your ridiculous, unfounded assumptions...just like you did with me.

Back