The person closest to you that has died of COVID

Hawkeye10

ButterMilk Man
Contributor
My wifes sister. She was militantly anti vax Southern and Conservative.

We actually were not very close to her at all, the sisters rarely spoke, but my list is so small that this is the best I can do.

Note: I am curious how many people have lost people close to them, partly because the official numbers are clearly shit.

No one close to me has died. I don't know anyone that has died. I don't know anyone that has been hospitalized. Probably 10 people told me they had COVID, but they all 'survived' at home.

Nobody. Just about everybody's had it, though.

About 330 people, no deaths.

Last edited:
All five of my (fully vaccinated) kids have had it; half of my grands as well. My youngest tested positive this morning. Due to having MS she is immunosuppressed. She'll (hopefully) be going to the ER this afternoon to receive the MABT infusion. As you can imagine, we're all pretty scared for her about now.

We know several ppl who have died from the virus, but none "close" as in family. My condolences to all of you who have lost someone.

My lifelong best friend died shortly before getting his second dose back in April. Gone in four days.

All five of my (fully vaccinated) kids have had it; half of my grands as well. My youngest tested positive this morning. Due to having MS she is immunosuppressed. She'll (hopefully) be going to the ER this afternoon to receive the MABT infusion. As you can imagine, we're all pretty scared for her about now.

We know several ppl who have died from the virus, but none "close" as in family. My condolences to all of you who have lost someone.

Good thoughts and prayers headed to you and yours. Hopefully she will recover and be no worse for the wear. Think positive thoughts and hang in there. Having one of your own children sick or hurt is a horrible feeling.

Last edited:
Back