The War On Christmas Ensues

Well, I'm not really sure what the war is about, its funny nonetheless. But I think O'liely claims that liberals have been waging a war on Christmas.

Christians have been waging war on midwinter festivals like Yuletide for hundreds of years. Now they wage war on Christmas which they made? Just about too rediculious to be funny.

I figured it to be Easter. The other holiday that Christianity has co-opted over the centuries.
Bring back the spring fertility rites and such :)
Bunnies and eggs are holdovers from that holiday.

I figured it to be Easter. The other holiday that Christianity has co-opted over the centuries.
And most Churches do not recognize them as part of the celebration...

The Methodists I have seen do have easter egg hunts at the church....
so does the pentecostal church I grew up in.

The Methodists I have seen do have easter egg hunts at the church....
so does the pentecostal church I grew up in.
Eggs were anathema at the church I grew up in...

We make them at the Mahayana Center we go to though! It's always fun to watch kids who have no idea learn about the culture they have just become part of...

The Methodist churches in my area also have Trunk or treat on Haloween. Imagine that Christians celebrating a demonic holiday....

Well, I'm not really sure what the war is about, its funny nonetheless. But I think O'liely claims that liberals have been waging a war on Christmas.

He does, and he's laughable. But the funniest was, Ann Coulter saying that he loved telling people "Merry Christmas" because "now when you say Merry Christmas to someone, it's just like saying fuck you".

Swear to God. Now, can you beat that?

He does, and he's laughable. But the funniest was, Ann Coulter saying that he loved telling people "Merry Christmas" because "now when you say Merry Christmas to someone, it's just like saying fuck you".

you really need to watch one of his clips on Comedy Central where O'reily was preaching the war on christmas, and said to jon stewart and i remember it b/c i think watching it is hilariuos....

he goes

' and a merry christmas to you jon stewart'

we all know jon stewart is jewish... so i can see how that would mean that it is a big f'u......
big f u indeed

i agree 100%... now merry christmas means get #ucked

i love the holidays...... makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside... (though it might be the wiskey....

Well ...isnt too bad that traditional Cultural Activities... (because when it comes down to it..thats what religion really is ...) are being suppressed ...? Due to multu-culturalism? One group must oppress and forfeit their traditions due to the demands (feelings) of the new kid in town?
Im sure there are those who would quickly respond with ... "well they could celebrate it at home in their own privacy" .. .. Thats not the point .. the school in question obviously has been celebrating Christmas for generations ...but now have decided to oppress their long cultural traditions due to the "feelings" of another group. one could easily correlate this with the American Tradition of Christmas being a National Holiday ... how long before this gets challanged in the courts because it offends certain groups? The name Christmas is obviously in referance to Christ .. so Im sure in one way or another it offends someone? It will happen ..mark my words.

Where do we draw the line? How far will we compromise our cultural traditions due to the oppresive nature of political correctness?

Really? I always thought they were a folkloric response: a jape at the expense of Pope Incontinent IV, who was haunted in his dreams by the spectre of a giant, carnivorous egg-laying rodent.

Well ...isnt too bad that traditional Cultural Activities... (because when it comes down to it..thats what religion really is ...) are being suppressed ...? Due to multu-culturalism? One group must oppress and forfeit their traditions due to the demands (feelings) of the new kid in town?
Im sure there are those who would quickly respond with ... "well they could celebrate it at home in their own privacy" .. .. Thats not the point .. the school in question obviously has been celebrating Christmas for generations ...but now have decided to oppress their long cultural traditions due to the "feelings" of another group. one could easily correlate this with the American Tradition of Christmas being a National Holiday ... how long before this gets challanged in the courts because it offends certain groups? The name Christmas is obviously in referance to Christ .. so Im sure in one way or another it offends someone? It will happen ..mark my words.

Where do we draw the line? How far will we compromise our cultural traditions due to the oppresive nature of political correctness?
You're asking the wrong question. The real question is, how rigid and didactic are we going to be to prevent "our" (sic) traditions from changing?

Back