The War On Christmas Ensues

LOL@ you....

So, once again you were proven wrong, and refuse to admit it.

You said jews and muslims should have no problem with the Word "Christ"mas, because they dig Jesus.

I showed you your ignorance, by showing you that "Jesus" and "Christ" are two entirely different concepts and words, in the theological world.

You would argue with a wall...if it stood still long enough!....Merry Christmas to you and all!
:)

Sooo PC...sorry I am not ashamed to express who and what I am...so I say again..."Merry Christmas" to you and all!:)

I hope you come to know Jesus this season.

And what I said was not politically correct in the least.... it was fact. It is how I live my faith.... not just during advent..... but every day.

You would argue with a wall...if it stood still long enough!....Merry Christmas to you and all!

are you really unaware of the differences in meaning between the words "Jesus" and "the Christ"?

Muslims believe in Jesus the prophet.... Jews recognize the life of Jesus....

neither groups see him as "The Christ"

Is that really so difficult for you to wrap your brain around?

Hummm...

I hope you come to know Jesus this season.

And what I said was not politically correct in the least.... it was fact. It is how I live my faith.... not just during advent..... but every day.

I know him well he saved my sorry ass more than once...Merry Christmas to one and all!...all throughout the year!:)

Well, since nobody really knows when Jesus was born, and the Catholic church simply took over the pagan winter solstice holiday to celebrate the messiah's birth, then Happy Winter Solstice to you! Your basically celebrating a pagan holiday.

LOL@you again...

are you really unaware of the differences in meaning between the words "Jesus" and "the Christ"?

Muslims believe in Jesus the prophet.... Jews recognize the life of Jesus....

neither groups see him as "The Christ"

Is that really so difficult for you to wrap your brain around?

Thats exactly what I said...back to reading comp 101 with ya...Merry Christmas to you vainman!:) Pride is one of the deadly sins...dont'cha know!
(Stolen fro Michael and Gabriel!)

He-He-He...

Well, since nobody really knows when Jesus was born, and the Catholic church simply took over the pagan winter solstice holiday to celebrate the messiah's birth, then Happy Winter Solstice to you! Your basically celebrating a pagan holiday.

Merry Christmas to thee...look under the old Christmas tree!:)

Who would be offended by someone saying "Merry Christmas" during the holiday...Christains believe in Jesus,Muslims believe in Jesus,Jews recognize Jesus as one of their own...and why would an atheist be offended...ya did not ask him/her to convert just expressed your joy!

Its not that the recipiant would be offended, its that it makes you look like an idiot if the person does not celebrate Christmas. It makes you look like you are making simple minded assumptions.

Really...

Its not that the recipiant would be offended, its that it makes you look like an idiot if the person does not celebrate Christmas. It makes you look like you are making simple minded assumptions.

So I believe in Jesus as the Christ and say Merry Christmas..this makes me a biggot or whatever..the other person has free will and can say whatever they prefer...no biggee...it will not offend me! If that makes me a"IDIOT" so be it...Merry Christmas to you and all...!:rolleyes:

My joy at the birth of Jesus, by the way, pales in comparision to my joy at His resurrection. And I express my joy in both of those events as well as my joy at the life He live and the message He left us the Holy Spirit He gave us to intercede for us on His behalf...I express my joy for all of that in my actions every single day. I do not feel compelled by some seasonal rush of religiousity to blurt Merry Christmas into stranger's faces each December. My faith is not words and it certainly isn't "seasonal".

Well said Maineman .... what creeps me out is many of your left wing pals will not challange your belief in his resurrection ... but if a right winger were to have expressed the exact same sentiments they will have been openly ridiculed ... not by all mind you.. but by many.

As far as Merry Christmas ... it is such a sad commentary that we should be debating over a phrase that simply expresses the Joy of a Season. Christmas is a National Holiday .. it is not mandatory to celebrate (nor should it be) but it is recognised as such ... as it is throughout much of the World. Since it is recognised as a National Holdiay it flies in the face of all logic for the words Merry Christmas to be subjected to such scrutiny as to whether or not one is offended by them. It is on par with being offended by Happy Fourth of July ... because like Christmas this is also a National Holiday. Like I said in an earlier post... this Holiday of Christmas will one day be fought in the courts as to whether or not it violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment ...you know the one .. where people somehow interpret it as a Seperation of Church and State... where any mention of God or Creator in the public square...locally, State or federal is in direct violation. We have taken the iontentions of Freely Choosing ones faith to the degree of Censorship ... trying to uphold one Ammendment by mincing the words while violating another.

Last edited:
Well said Maineman .... what creeps me out is many of your left wing pals will not challange your belief in his resurrection ... but if a right winger were to have expressed the exact same sentiments they will have been openly ridiculed ... not by all mind you.. but by many.

As far as Merry Christmas ... it is such a sad commentary that we should be debating over a phrase that simply expresses the Joy of a Season. Christmas is a National Holiday .. it is not mandatory to celebrate (nor should it be) but it is recognised as such ... as it is throughout much of the World. Since it is recognised as a National Holdiay it flies in the face of all logic for the words Merry Christmas to be subjected to such scrutiny as to whether or not one is offended by them. It is on par with being offended by Happy Fourth of July ... because like Christmas this is also a National Holiday. Like I said in an earlier post... this Holiday of Christmas will one day be fought in the courts as to whether or not it violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment ...you know the one .. where people somehow interpret it as a Seperation of Church and State... where any mention of God or Creator in the public square...locally, State or federal is in direct violation. We have taken the iontentions of Freely Choosing ones faith to the degree of Censorship ... trying to uphold one Ammendment by mincing the words while violating another.

My goodness, someone is feeling persecuted today.

It never ceases to amaze me how in a country that is majority Christian, that has elected only Christian presidents, Christians somehow always feel persecuted. It must be the martyr complex.

Who on this board would "ridicule" you for expressing a belief in the resurrection of Christ, Klaatu? To me, common manners tells you not to wish a Jewish person a "merry christmas". That's not ridiculing your belief that Christ was the son of God.

It's very amusing that many Christians spend their time railing against the degenerate leftists for ruining Christmas, when it is so obvious that Christmas no longer has anything to do with Christ, if it ever did. It's nothing but a boondoggle for retailers and big business. Most Americans spend more on Christmas than they can afford, and a significant percentage of them, are still paying off last Christmas' bills. Christmas means financial stress to most people, and the added stress of trying to figure out who's going to get what, and who wants what, and who's not going to like their gift, and what is enough to spend. It's about advertising that tells people, if you really love her, she'll have a BMW in her driveway Christmas morning. How many parents are so desperate that their child has the "it" toy for this year, that they actually wait on lines before stores open to get it? Some of the idiots are actually bidding four or five or six times the retail value on ebay, because what are you going to tell your kid if Santa didn't bring them Tickle Me Elmo #46? God forbid you should tell them that Santa brings those toys to poor children who have very little else, and guess what? That's not you. Maybe teach them a little something about thinking about someone else. No, they'd rather punch out someone else's dad at the local Toys R Us, in order to get the last one.

Oh, it's all very Christ like alright. Wake up Klaatu. Federated department stores took the Christ out of Christmas long before any liberals thought to, or, cared to.

Well, this Buddhist happily accepts all wishes to have a Merry Christmas and returns them in kind. I can't see why I should object to it... We celebrate it as a secular cultural holiday, as do most at the Mahayana Center.

Well, this Buddhist happily accepts all wishes to have a Merry Christmas and returns them in kind. I can't see why I should object to it... We celebrate it as a secular cultural holiday, as do most at the Mahayana Center.

Well, if you were Jewish Damo, and you went into major department stores every year, to spend big bucks, for your own holiday that fell right around the same time as Christmas did, you might get to feeling a little pissed off that you weren't even acknowleged. I would. Retailers aren't in business to exclude portions of their customers. It's bad business, and in my opinion, bad manners.

Nah, I wouldn't. I'd accept their well-wishes and say "Happy Hannukah" in return. I've long inured myself to the fact that the nation doesn't generally celebrate the holidays associated with my religion.

Long ago, as a young atheist, I used to say "Joyous Yuletide" in answer. Most of them just assume it is another way to say Christmas, they don't realize that it was the name of the Pagan Holiday from before... It just isn't as "insulting" as people attempt to make it out to be.

Nah, I wouldn't. I'd accept their well-wishes and say "Happy Hannukah" in return. I've long inured myself to the fact that the nation doesn't generally celebrate the holidays associated with my religion.

If you did that, you would make the other person feel akward. I think that what you described probably used to happen a lot. Then, the solution of "Happy Holidays" was found, and rational people everywhere were happy with it.

If you did that, you would make the other person feel akward. I think that what you described probably used to happen a lot. Then, the solution of "Happy Holidays" was found, and rational people everywhere were happy with it.

Even that isn't "insulting". The Christians who take umbrage to such are just the same as those who get "insulted" when somebody else expresses their culture. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable. I'd say "thank you" if somebody wished me a Joyous Kwanzaa... or Happy Holidays, or Yuletide, whatever...

I just don't understand how people who realize other cultures are around would be "insulted" when they are expressed. I take joy in those differences rather than find fault in them.

Back