there was a time when Americans were proud to help each other

I have been one of those that bemoaned government assistance and had that 'bootstrap' mentality. However, as your article suggests, how can that happen when there are places where there are no opportunities to be had?"

Move?

And dont give me crap about how hard it is....sometimes you do have to start from scratch....rent a room, share an apt, at least make a start.

Or...dont. Sit and complain that the govt isnt providing you enough to live on. Blame everybody else when the kids you chose to have dont have decent clothes or anything but govt cheese.

And once again: yes I am a Democrat and mostly liberal.

All thru mankind, people have had to move to find jobs and resources.

You're too stupid for words! Marx was writing for the New York Tribune when Lincoln was reading it back in Illinois!

You're evidence that Republicans are stupid as hell!

That's why they want to set up the Chimpanzee Inquisition to Stop Thought Now!

We can see you're a fucking misogynistic asshole.

Louisiana was a great place to live while the Kingfish, Huey Long was governor!

If more politicians had his attitude we would have a country that worked for everybody not just the 1 percent or those who got lucky in the gene pool!

Yeah....the glory days of segregation and the KKK and the anti civil rights Democrats.....

Move?

And dont give me crap about how hard it is....sometimes you do have to start from scratch....rent a room, share an apt, at least make a start.

Or...dont. Sit and complain that the govt isnt providing you enough to live on. Blame everybody else when the kids you chose to have dont have decent clothes or anything but govt cheese.

And once again: yes I am a Democrat and mostly liberal.

All thru mankind, people have had to move to find jobs and resources.

You're my kind of Democrat.....a Democrat that knows the meaning of personal responsibility......if the party believed what you believe, I'd probably still be one....but
I decided on the lesser of two evils.....

Got Bootstraps???

anyone who screams the bootstrap crap has NO idea what real poverty is like

Bootstraps.jpg

Back