Threedee Is Buying a House Thread

I actually do not recall what you are referring to. My memory sucks.

I do recall advising you to move up here to the Kenmore area, but that's about it...

you're a smart guy 3D, buy the house that has a mirror on the ceiling in the bedroom.

:)

i do recall your advice, it was a few years ago. i chose to stay in cali though.

the blue house seems bigger, seems nice-ish

red looks pretty chill as well. lock that shit up and invite me to the housewarming.

p.s. given the amount of stalkers on here, you might want to be careful, it can be easy to do an image lookup on this stuff, and people might be able to track down your future residence O_O

red looks pretty chill as well. lock that shit up and invite me to the housewarming.

p.s. given the amount of stalkers on here, you might want to be careful, it can be easy to do an image lookup on this stuff, and people might be able to track down your future residence O_O

WARNING -- do not listen to grind for advice on buying a house

:D

I'm thinking of naming whatever property I buy Xanadu.

And, of course, the Trinity is welcome to come par-tay!!

:party:

you crack me up. that film is now streaming on netflix....i almost put in my queue, but decided i will never be the 8 year old that enjoyed that film again.

How do you know it hasn't already been done; spoil sport. :D

you crack me up. that film is now streaming on netflix....i almost put in my queue, but decided i will never be the 8 year old that enjoyed that film again.

I was like the only guy in my film study class nostalgic enough to buy the ending. I couldn't even understand the other students at first going "that was unrealistic and out-of-character." :(

I was like the only guy in my film study class nostalgic enough to buy the ending. I couldn't even understand the other students at first going "that was unrealistic and out-of-character." :(

idiots. for its time it was a great movie. then i entered my 9th year of life.

idiots. for its time it was a great movie. then i entered my 9th year of life.

I liked the movie, but I am always amazed at how movie connaisseurs consistently rank it as the greatest movie of all-time. Granted 1939 and 1940 were two of the best years in Hollywood History (Stagecoach, Mr. Smith goes to Washington, Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, and Casablanca), but it is just amazing how obsessed people remain over that film.

I liked the movie, but I am always amazed at how movie connaisseurs consistently rank it as the greatest movie of all-time. Granted 1939 and 1940 were two of the best years in Hollywood History (Stagecoach, Mr. Smith goes to Washington, Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, and Casablanca), but it is just amazing how obsessed people remain over that film.

btw, it was a movie in one of my art classes in college.....it was a ahead of its time in concept. the graphics were nothing special for its time, but the concept of the movie was ahead of its time. i loved the movie when i was a kid. looking at the movie later, it is cheesy, but the judgement is based on modern technology and modern culture. it is like trying to compare CHIPS to a modern day cop show.

I was raised on Old Holywood, so I am incapable of bashing an old film for its technological flaws, unless it sucked for its time. Old motion picture serials were a big part of my childhood. For example, the flying sequences of 1940's Captain Marvel serial are still somewhat impressive, and actually better than anything which would be released for the following two decades.

I was raised on Old Holywood, so I am incapable of bashing an old film for its technological flaws, unless it sucked for its time. Old motion picture serials were a big part of my childhood. For example, the flying sequences of 1940's Captain Marvel serial are still somewhat impressive, and actually better than anything which would be released for the following two decades.

old hollywood?

I just got pre-approved for a VA Loan up to 215k. It's that low because I'm still paying off student loans, and thus have a high debt/income ratio, but I'm only looking at 160-200k anyway. Just signed off the forms with the VA rep today, and then looked at four houses with their local preferred agent. More to follow, as the process drags out.

First two houses are short-sale, and so could take a few months, and is dependent on the banks caving to my outrageous demands. Third house is basically good to go, and would be easiest to get. House 4 is an OMG deal, is located nowhere near the other three, and already has a bunch of offers, so it will probably be delisted soon, unless multiple people all manage to suck at negotiating at the exact same time (not in pending status, for some reason, even though the offers on it were all due on the 30th).

:king:

I would take the first or the last (in the order of your pictures).

Back