To Maineman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rationalist

Hail Voltaire
Nice to have you back. Somehow your presence escaped my notice, although my participation has been sporadic as of late. Anyway, I hope that we can leave our distant past behind us and start anew.

-bdw

good to be back Brent... even though some of the scum still hasn't been cleaned out in my absence... on the whole, this is a very nice place to be, even with the occasional e-peen packing stalkers.

When did you move to Mexico?

we promised my daughter that we would stay in Maine until she graduated from college, which she did in May of 2011. We put our house on the market in April and we closed with the new owner in late August of that same year. We drove away from the closing, stopped by Bank of America to deposit the proceeds from the sale, and kept on driving, with two dogs and a cat in the car with us, for the next ten days until we reached our final destination here in Mexico. I hesitate to say which city because the previous poster searched me out and threatened to come accost me at my home in Maine... I don't want to give him an easy path to come to Mexico to carry out his new threat to cut my throat in the night while I sleep here in paradise.

so what inspired you to move there? has it been a place you've always wanted to go? you in a super chill location?

He's waxed on and on how cheap it is to live there, due to the near slave labor of the Mexicans who live in poverty. Democrats love slavery.

so what inspired you to move there? has it been a place you've always wanted to go? you in a super chill location?

actually, the inspiration was a quote from Mark Twain:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

My wife found that online about the same time she was looking for a good beach/golf destination in Mexico for vacation several years ago. We looked at our finances and realized we could afford to retire earlier than later and we decided to have an adventure. Our home in Mexico is named "Casa de los Vientos Alisios" which means house of the trade winds. The trade winds blew us here and the trade winds sweep through our backyard in the afternoons. It's gorgeous.

actually, the inspiration was a quote from Mark Twain:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

My wife found that online about the same time she was looking for a good beach/golf destination in Mexico for vacation several years ago. We looked at our finances and realized we could afford to retire earlier than later and we decided to have an adventure. Our home in Mexico is named "Casa de los Vientos Alisios" which means house of the trade winds. The trade winds blew us here and the trade winds sweep through our backyard in the afternoons. It's gorgeous.

Congrats on being able to live your dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back