Today’s Teabagger News: Only 41% of Texans know humans did not live with dinosaurs

so you have faith that given time science will be able to prove that the result of the joining of a human sperm and human egg will produce a being that is other than human?......you seculars are always so optimistic about the ability of science.......

I said nothing remotely like that.

We are not discussing abortion.

The point is, that what you accept as fact is just theory. It is possible that our understanding of the process is in error.

It's possible our understanding of humans and dinosaurs existence on earth is in error, because we can't observe and test the various hypothesis. With human life, we can do this, and we have.

here is the full context onceler....

how is it theoritical and tentative? seriously, what else is required? it really is a simple question. it boggles the mind why you would run from this given our past debates regarding abortion, you and i actually agree on some of the issues.....so i'm puzzled by you running away now....

and really, how is your stance not contradictory?

apparently onceler is too much of a hypocrite to answer this, he will hound you all over this board about a post WEEKS in the past, yet he can't take the time to answer a simple question that was laid out in full context

:gives:

apparently onceler is too much of a hypocrite to answer this, he will hound you all over this board about a post WEEKS in the past, yet he can't take the time to answer a simple question that was laid out in full context

:gives:

Huh?

And I thought you were casually having fun, and "liked" this.

Guess not...

:)

It's possible our understanding of humans and dinosaurs existence on earth is in error, because we can't observe and test the various hypothesis. With human life, we can do this, and we have.

We can observe and test the fossil layer.

With human life, as I noted before, there may be some other factor of which we are unaware and could fundamentally change our understanding of the process and requirements for life.

We can observe and test the fossil layer.

With human life, as I noted before, there may be some other factor of which we are unaware and could fundamentally change our understanding of the process and requirements for life.

No, there is no other factor in how organisms reproduce, we have studied it for many years, across a variety of different species of life, and we fully understand and comprehend the process and requirements.

We can't observe all fossil layers in every location on the planet, it's impossible. I will agree, if it were possible for us to magically do that, we could settle this debate with a definitive answer, but that is not the case, so we can't.

No, there is no other factor in how organisms reproduce, we have studied it for many years, across a variety of different species of life, and we fully understand and comprehend the process and requirements.

We can't observe all fossil layers in every location on the planet, it's impossible. I will agree, if it were possible for us to magically do that, we could settle this debate with a definitive answer, but that is not the case, so we can't.

1/3

An untestable hypothesis fails falsifiability, and therefore isn't a valid hypothesis. See Popper.

There is no stark contrast. The difference is subjective and arbitrary. One piece of evidence may suffice as proof and it is all subject to the standard of proof applied.

For instance, the religious person has a very very low standard of proof for God while having a ridiculously high standard when it comes to this issue of whether dinos and man coexisted.

If you guys had this amount of evidence for God I am sure you'd be doing more than ridiculing the non-believers.

Sigh... There very well may be factors involved in the creation of life which we do not have the capacity to measure. Our knowledge of the process is not absolute and is subject to the same limits that all of human knowledge is. Our explanation of the processes involved will always remain a theory.

then what were you referring to as the "possible alternatives" in reference to observing DNA?.....

No one mentioned DNA.

It is always possible that there are alternative explanations. I will not bother to dream up one because I can't imagine any other plausible explanation, just as I cannot imagine one for why there is no intersection of man and dinosaur in the fossil layer.

In both cases, if another alternative exists it will come from some piece of information that we do not currently have.

Now you are taking a logical leap away from your own original point. Once an egg has been fertilized and the life process of a chicken begins, it is a chicken in the earliest stage of development, no longer just an egg. The same thing with a seed that has germinated and started to GROW, it is LIVING, and it is classified as a LIVING organism of some kind. If it was a tomato seed, the LIVING organism can't be anything other than a tomato plant, which will eventually produce red juicy tomatoes. But we aren't talking about trivial insignificant forms of living organisms like tomatoes and chickens, we are talking about HUMAN LIFE, and it is much more important to us than tomatoes and chickens... at least it is more important to SOME of us, you apparently value human life as much as you value poultry and produce... that's nice to know.

There's no leap. It is not unusual for chicken eggs from local farms to be fertilized. Why do you think the rooster is bragging every morning at sun rise?

So you would have no problem with the local butcher advertising fertilized chicken eggs as chickens?

It's not MY field, I just call em like I see em. Extensive biological research and observation from a scientific perspective, indicates life begins at conception. I hate that is a fact and you can't run away from it, but that's the case. Sorry science refutes your liberal pro-choice agenda, but it just does! Live with it!

It doesn't begin. It changes. The sperm and the egg are already alive.

In both cases, if another alternative exists it will come from some piece of information that we do not currently have.

Thanks for confirming that science is never absolute, and we DON'T KNOW that humans didn't roam the earth with the dinosaurs.... but beware... Prissy may call you an "ignorant knuckledragger" for admitting that!

Thanks for confirming that science is never absolute, and we DON'T KNOW that humans didn't roam the earth with the dinosaurs.... but beware... Prissy may call you an "ignorant knuckledragger" for admitting that!

Strawman... The limits of human knowledge have been pointed out numerous times. Water summed it up in post 11.

To say that "yurt exists!" is not 100% fact. There's no such thing as 100% fact. But to draw an equivalency in the soundness between all knowledge using this argument is intellectually dishonest.

Back