Today’s Teabagger News: Only 41% of Texans know humans did not live with dinosaurs

Thanks for confirming that science is never absolute, and we DON'T KNOW that humans didn't roam the earth with the dinosaurs.... but beware... Prissy may call you an "ignorant knuckledragger" for admitting that!

But we DO know...that's just it!

The fossil record VERY CLEARLY SHOWS US that man was not walking the Earth during the time of the dinosaurs.

It doesn't begin. It changes. The sperm and the egg are already alive.

Yep.... the sperm and egg are single-cell living organisms. We humans don't have a problem with termination of the life of a single-cell organism, there are probably millions of them on the sock at the bottom of your clothes hamper! Women have a menstrual period monthly, where they discharge a living organism and flush it down the toilet. We also don't have a problem with terminating the life of multi-cell organisms like chickens and tomatoes, or eradicating living cell growths like tumors, warts, fingernails, etc. These are all acceptable to mankind, and no one is proposing we ban any of these things. This particular argument is only applicable to HUMAN LIFE. That is where we have a fundamental problem with termination of life, and all other examples are irrelevant. We have this viewpoint regarding HUMAN LIFE because we have what is called "sanctity" for HUMAN LIFE. This "sanctity" thingy doesn't apply to chickens, eggs and tomatoes, or even sperm and eggs.... only to HUMAN LIFE.

The point at which HUMAN LIFE starts, is not debatable, it is not subjective, and we know exactly the moment at which it occurs. You want to pull every trick out of the hat to deny the scientific fact of the matter, because it doesn't conform to your political viewpoint. That is how devoid you are of ethics and morality. You want to try and establish irrelevant analogies, because you are dishonest as well. You are just a pathetic dishonest liberal nitwit, who hasn't got a point to make because you lack the intelligence to make a point. But you did give it the Ol' Pinhead Try!

But we DO know...that's just it!

The fossil record VERY CLEARLY SHOWS US that man was not walking the Earth during the time of the dinosaurs.

Nope... we don't KNOW... Read what Stringy posted again, because I think you missed it. There is always the possibility we are completely WRONG in our findings. As I pointed out, we have not explored every fossil layer in every area of the planet, and we can't... it's physically impossible. We don't know that some sparse "clan" of humans weren't living in a cave somewhere and we've just not yet discovered that particular fossil layer because of its obscurity.

This is the crux of my argument in a nutshell, people like YOU who think we KNOW as a matter of FACT, when we don't really know because we don't ever know everything! I have no problem with you saying "we think" or "we are inclined to believe" but when you start proclaiming something as a FACT, it requires you PROVE the fact beyond any shadow of a doubt, and you simply haven't done that with this, and you can't.

Texas gave us Dubya, what do you expect?!!

c17306a724eee6d713da1d7589d4fbf7.jpg

seerox174.jpg

Nope... we don't KNOW... Read what Stringy posted again, because I think you missed it. There is always the possibility we are completely WRONG in our findings. As I pointed out, we have not explored every fossil layer in every area of the planet, and we can't... it's physically impossible. We don't know that some sparse "clan" of humans weren't living in a cave somewhere and we've just not yet discovered that particular fossil layer because of its obscurity.

This is the crux of my argument in a nutshell, people like YOU who think we KNOW as a matter of FACT, when we don't really know because we don't ever know everything! I have no problem with you saying "we think" or "we are inclined to believe" but when you start proclaiming something as a FACT, it requires you PROVE the fact beyond any shadow of a doubt, and you simply haven't done that with this, and you can't.

It was not the crux of your argument. Your argument is that one opinion on this is just as reasonable as the other. But one opinion is based on what we know and another is based on absolutely nothing.

I already explained that your hiding in caves for 60 million years scenario is not a plausible explanation for the gap.

We do not know beyond any possibility of a doubt. The truth is, that is not possible without omnipotence.

It does not mean we can not act or draw conclusions from the knowledge available. We do just that hundreds of times a day.

I find it odd that you would execute people based on less, but we mustn't make conclusions about this? You never answered why.

i don't get the whole jesus with dinosaur pics that you guys think makes christianity look bad. are you that desperate? you don't think dinosaurs "could" have been created, assuming god is real and did create the earth?

the crocodile is still among us

There's no leap. It is not unusual for chicken eggs from local farms to be fertilized. Why do you think the rooster is bragging every morning at sun rise?

So you would have no problem with the local butcher advertising fertilized chicken eggs as chickens?

Now you're just being stupid.
Even farmers that sell their eggs, candle them; otherwise they would lose their customers.

It was not the crux of your argument. Your argument is that one opinion on this is just as reasonable as the other. But one opinion is based on what we know and another is based on absolutely nothing.

I already explained that your hiding in caves for 60 million years scenario is not a plausible explanation for the gap.

We do not know beyond any possibility of a doubt. The truth is, that is not possible without omnipotence.

It does not mean we can not act or draw conclusions from the knowledge available. We do just that hundreds of times a day.

I find it odd that you would execute people based on less, but we mustn't make conclusions about this? You never answered why.

Well now it sounds like you are trying to do a little tap dance around your rationality. You are trying to say, we don't "know" but really and truly we DO! You had it right for a moment there, but now you've reverted back to pinhead thinking. I guess there is no hope!

I never said anything about hiding in caves for 60 million years, I don't know where you got that. I did say that it's possible a small number of humans could have inhabited the earth in some remote location that we've not discovered yet. That's not really an unreasonable assumption, unless you are trying to make some evolutionist theory work, but our knowledge and understanding of science shouldn't be based on what theories we have formulated already, we should always be willing to challenge conventional wisdom and the theories at hand... like Louis Pasteur challenged the prevailing theories of 'spontaneous generation' and advanced a new theory which was controversial at the time.

My only point of contention in this entire debate, is the original assertions that something is a FACT which is not a proven (or provable) FACT! We can all have our opinions on the matter, as you say, short of omnipotence, we will never know the answers for certain, but we must not allow people to proclaim things as FACT when that is NOT the case.

i don't get the whole jesus with dinosaur pics that you guys think makes christianity look bad. are you that desperate? you don't think dinosaurs "could" have been created, assuming god is real and did create the earth?

the crocodile is still among us
Their reptiles.

Yea I do. They are one of the few known animals, including sharks, to survive from the ancient mesazoic era into modern times. Doesn't change anything. Their reptiles, not dinosaurs.

why do you think they survived and not dinosaurs?

and explain to me the difference between the two creatures. i know what the science books say, but what really is the difference between crocs and dinos?

It is not unusual for chicken eggs from local farms to be fertilized.

actually, it would be unusual if the chicken who laid the eggs you see in the grocery store had ever seen a rooster......more likely it's spent its entire life in a wire cage with two other females.....

Sometimes I am glad I'm not a Christian... I don't have to twist things so that what we don't have evidence of trumps what evidence we have. Some day we may indeed stumble upon some leftover dinosaur bones alongside some early ancestor of ours, but until then evidence points to the demise of that type of animal long before we ever came onto the scene. Shoot long before any primate came along.

It's possible one or two types of dinosaurs, like the sharks or alligators (not dinosaurs people, but they were alive then), might have survived longer than we know of... But it is more likely they evolved into the birds we see daily, oddly enough.

Sometimes I am glad I'm not a Christian... I don't have to twist things so that what we don't have evidence of trumps what evidence we have. Some day we may indeed stumble upon some leftover dinosaur bones alongside some early ancestor of ours, but until then evidence points to the demise of that type of animal long before we ever came onto the scene. Shoot long before any primate came along.

It's possible one or two types of dinosaurs, like the sharks or alligators (not dinosaurs people, but they were alive then), might have survived longer than we know of... But it is more likely they evolved into the birds we see daily, oddly enough.
Exactly. Just change that Velociraptor into a ostrich and Jesus may have indeed rode a dinosaur.

Back