Today’s Teabagger News: Only 41% of Texans know humans did not live with dinosaurs

That would be why I said they were not dinosaurs. I simply pointed out that alligators and sharks shared the earth with dinosaurs and still live today.

And... mammals shared the earth with dinosaurs. What's you point?

I guess you could say its interesting that something that shared the same order with the dinosaurs walked the earth. But the ancestor of everything alive today walked (or swam) the earth with the dinosaurs.

You want to talk about the "sanctity" of human life? Over 50% of fertilized eggs spontaneously abort. You want to talk about morals and ethics? By what twisted logic can anyone claim fertilized cells deserve the sanctity given to human beings when over 50% naturally abort?

Obviously you don't put too much value on the life of a human being when you so frivolously compare human beings to organisms that come into existence and die within days or hours. Can we possibly further cheapen what it means to be a human being?

Of course, it does follow the general mind set of those who believe that way as they tend to be the ones who have no problem sending young men and women to war to be slaughtered. And then there's the innocents who die who are considered collateral damage.

My God, the hypocrisy. The concern over fertilized cells is nothing more than people wanting to stick their noses in the pants of women. Do us all a favor. Find a co-operative woman and get over your aversion/perversion with sex and leave the other women alone.

Uhm... If fertilized eggs DIED, it means they were organic... LIVING organisms. If this organism was a chicken or tomato, or just a fertilized egg, it wouldn't be an issue. It is because this organism is HUMAN LIFE that it IS an issue, and yes... you can cheapen human life further... by denying it is human life, when that's exactly what biology tells us it is! By calling it a "fertilized egg" instead of "human being" as it should be defined. By being a stupid little twit and arguing against science!

Call me whatever petty little names you can think up... you are a baby murderer. You are responsible for 40 million souls never being given the chance to experience life because you are to stupid and clueless to understand they are human beings! 40 million! That's more than Hitler and Pol Pot combined! And it's not like you murder them because they disagree with your politics or threaten your race, these are the most innocent life we know of. How can you sleep at night, monster?

I never did. :) And neither did the local farmers when selling to neighbors/friends. Of course the eggs had not been sitting around for weeks before sold. They were usually sold within a day or two.

I have....as the youngest child I got the job of candling...it was quite simple actually, a device like flashlight with an egg cup attached to the lens.....hold the wide part of the egg up against it and look for a dark spot.....the ones that failed mom used to bake.....

Uhm... If fertilized eggs DIED, it means they were organic... LIVING organisms. If this organism was a chicken or tomato, or just a fertilized egg, it wouldn't be an issue. It is because this organism is HUMAN LIFE that it IS an issue, and yes... you can cheapen human life further... by denying it is human life, when that's exactly what biology tells us it is! By calling it a "fertilized egg" instead of "human being" as it should be defined. By being a stupid little twit and arguing against science!

Call me whatever petty little names you can think up... you are a baby murderer. You are responsible for 40 million souls never being given the chance to experience life because you are to stupid and clueless to understand they are human beings! 40 million! That's more than Hitler and Pol Pot combined! And it's not like you murder them because they disagree with your politics or threaten your race, these are the most innocent life we know of. How can you sleep at night, monster?

I suggest you take it up with your God as he is the one murdering over 50% of those "souls" you talk about.

I have....as the youngest child I got the job of candling...it was quite simple actually, a device like flashlight with an egg cup attached to the lens.....hold the wide part of the egg up against it and look for a dark spot.....the ones that failed mom used to bake.....

Bake? You mean used in a cake or baked separately?

And... mammals shared the earth with dinosaurs. What's you point?

I guess you could say its interesting that something that shared the same order with the dinosaurs walked the earth. But the ancestor of everything alive today walked (or swam) the earth with the dinosaurs.
My point was that it is possible that some time in the future we may find some form of dinosaur that lived longer than we previously thought, but until then the evidence we have shows that dinosaurs and humans never co-existed in time. It was also my point that I am glad I didn't have some form of religious belief that made me work to twist the evidence so that nothing is strong enough evidence to ever suggest anything...

What is your malfunction?

Nope... we don't KNOW... Read what Stringy posted again, because I think you missed it. There is always the possibility we are completely WRONG in our findings. As I pointed out, we have not explored every fossil layer in every area of the planet, and we can't... it's physically impossible. We don't know that some sparse "clan" of humans weren't living in a cave somewhere and we've just not yet discovered that particular fossil layer because of its obscurity.

This is the crux of my argument in a nutshell, people like YOU who think we KNOW as a matter of FACT, when we don't really know because we don't ever know everything! I have no problem with you saying "we think" or "we are inclined to believe" but when you start proclaiming something as a FACT, it requires you PROVE the fact beyond any shadow of a doubt, and you simply haven't done that with this, and you can't.

So...with all the excavation that has gone on across the globe...

...with all the digging that has been done and is being done at hundreds of thousands of varying locations day in/day out...

...with all the archeological sites spread from one pole to the other...

...with all the PROOF that exists today that humans and dinosaurs DID NOT exist together; since the entirety of the surface of the Earth hasn't been scraped down to examine the fossil record at every single location, millimeter by millimeter from one end of the globe to the other globe...Dix stubbornly refuses to admit he's wrong.

What a surprise...

...with all the digging that has been done and is being done at hundreds of thousands of varying locations day in/day out...

...with all the PROOF that exists today that humans and dinosaurs DID NOT exist together; since the entirety of the surface of the Earth hasn't been scraped down to examine the fossil record at every single location, millimeter by millimeter from one end of the globe to the other globe...Dix stubbornly refuses to admit he's wrong.

What a surprise...

I would say we probably haven't excavated 1% of the planet. If you had lost your car keys and you searched 1% of your house, could you proclaim it a fact that proved your keys were not in your house? Or would that be pathetically stupid?

There is NO PROOF that humans and dinosaurs did not coexist. NONE! The fact that we don't find human evidence alongside dinosaur evidence, is not PROOF of anything.

What a surprise...
Wow... We've barely even scratched the surface when it comes to discovering bones. The vast majority of dinosaurs we know existed have never even been found in a full skeleton and they don't even come close to representing a full ecosystem. We do not even come close to having the full picture. It's not unrealistic to say "we don't know everything, but the current evidence we have (not proof, evidence) does not suggest that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time periods."

Wow... We've barely even scratched the surface when it comes to discovering bones. The vast majority of dinosaurs we know existed have never even been found in a full skeleton and they don't even come close to representing a full ecosystem. We do not even come close to having the full picture. It's not unrealistic to say "we don't know everything, but the current evidence we have (not proof, evidence) does not suggest that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time periods."

It all rolls back to what I call the arrogance of human intellect. For whatever reason, our 'weakness' seems to be our own minds, believing we have empirical wisdom at any given point in time. Because we haven't discovered something, it can only mean that it's not possible! That's the mindset we tend to have, and it's somewhat detrimental to advancement and achievement. Imagine all the discoveries that would have never been made, had someone said... well, we know everything there is to know about that, no need to explore any further possibility!

Stringy has pretty much argued himself in a circle... He is saying, it IS possible that humans and dinos coexisted... but if you believe it is possible, you are an idiot. LOL, basically, he called himself an idiot! Priceless!

I think it's possible that dinosaurs were able to evolve and shrink enough so that they could survive in the paradigm for a few million years, but they obviously didn't survive in large enough numbers or for very long to leave fossils.

It all rolls back to what I call the arrogance of human intellect. For whatever reason, our 'weakness' seems to be our own minds, believing we have empirical wisdom at any given point in time. Because we haven't discovered something, it can only mean that it's not possible!

Dixie, no one has claimed this. When has anyone on this thread said that it's not possible? It's simply not wise to take the possibility seriously until you have evidence for it. That's how you get religion - just saying "Oh, that would be cool!" and starting to believe it instead of waiting until evidence comes in. It's not necessarily stupid to think like that, it just shows a lack of wisdom.

Dixie, no one has claimed this. When has anyone on this thread said that it's not possible? It's simply not wise to take the possibility seriously until you have evidence for it. That's how you get religion - just saying "Oh, that would be cool!" and starting to believe it instead of waiting until evidence comes in. It's not necessarily stupid to think like that, it just shows a lack of wisdom.

Well it sounds like you are going to argue yourself in a circle like Stringy did, and call yourself an idiot too. It's possible, but if you genuinely believe it's possible, you are an idiot! THAT is what you are essentially saying!

Well it sounds like you are going to argue yourself in a circle like Stringy did, and call yourself an idiot too. It's possible, but if you genuinely believe it's possible, you are an idiot! THAT is what you are essentially saying!

Strawman.

The question was not whether it was possible. You are not an idiot for believing it is possible. Again, again, again and again, no one argued that.

You are an idiot for believing it in the face of the evidence that shows otherwise. Especially, when there is no evidence and little plausible explanation for the extent of the lacking evidence.

You are a further an idiot if you pretend that both positions are reasonable conclusions.

Dixie, you are an idiot.

I would say we probably haven't excavated 1% of the planet. If you had lost your car keys and you searched 1% of your house, could you proclaim it a fact that proved your keys were not in your house? Or would that be pathetically stupid?

There is NO PROOF that humans and dinosaurs did not coexist. NONE! The fact that we don't find human evidence alongside dinosaur evidence, is not PROOF of anything.

Yes there is proof...we don't find Dino and human bones together...THAT IS CALLED EVIDENCE.

What you have is NO EVIDENCE. You CAN'T PROVE humans and Dinos DID co-exist.

But of course if we did have the technology to prove your assertion wrong, you'd just make the BS excuse that since we haven't dug up the entirety of the ocean bottoms for human remains living alongside the aquatic dinos, that no one has proved anything.

Then again, maybe there was a race of space-based Dinos that didn't need oxygen to live-since we haven't scanned the entirety of the universe for space based Dinos, it hasn't been proven they DON'T exist, so by your standards they COULD-and maybe humans only evolved the need to breathe air after we crashed to Earth alongside the Dix's SpaceDinos...

Last edited:

And?

Where have I said that "we know everything"?

Strawman.

The question was not whether it was possible. You are not an idiot for believing it is possible. Again, again, again and again, no one argued that.

You are an idiot for believing it in the face of the evidence that shows otherwise. Especially, when there is no evidence and little plausible explanation for the extent of the lacking evidence.

You are a further an idiot if you pretend that both positions are reasonable conclusions.

Dixie, you are an idiot.

Your "evidence that shows otherwise" is incomplete. If you go look in your toilet and see no turd, does this prove the water is safe to drink?

Here's a thought... humans could have existed way before dinosaurs! Earth was destroyed and millions of years later, dinosaurs emerged.... then Earth was destroyed again and millions of years later, humans emerged! Can you prove this didn't happen? It's even possible these pre-dinosaur humans could have been smarter than we are! They may have done and achieved more than we ever dreamed of! Then one day... POOF, it was gone in an instant! We have found no remnants because we can't dig that deep... or they are in places we can't reach or even know to look in. The evidence has slipped into the subduction zone and disappeared forever... can you PROVE this hasn't happened? If you can, show your evidence!

The point is, we simply don't KNOW the complete picture. If you read the opening post of this thread, you see a condescending smart ass, making fun of "teabaggers" who dared to say they weren't sure or didn't know for sure, when it came to this question. I happen to think "I DON'T KNOW" is a perfectly normal and rational answer to that particular question, and ANYONE who claims either of the other two options as FACT are IDIOTS!

Nice! It's always awesome to stumble across some sheer teabagger foolishness, to bring a moment of levity to the day.

Hey Einstein: We haven't collected analytical samples of more than 0.00000000000000001% of the ocean, or the atmosphere. But, based on the sampling that has been done, we can reasonably, confidently, and plausibly conclude that seawater is approximately 35 ppt salinity, and the atmosphere is 80% N and 18% O, plus or minus.

If some pollster asked you if you agreed that the atmosphere was approximately 80% Nitrogen, and if you knew what science has shown, would you answer: "I don't know! It's open for debate!!

No, you wouldn't answer that way.

There's no debate over over the composition of the atmosphere or the ocean, even though we have only sampled an infintesimally small part of it.

You climate deniers and teabaggers can spin all the bullshit you want. No educated person can come to a reasoned conclusion that humans and dinos coexisted. And answering "I don't know" is almost as buffoonish. The issue is not even debatable in the realm of logic and science. As RS said, you make hundreds of conclusions and decisions everyday, based on the preponderance of evidence, or on the basis of overwhelming evidence. The lack of a one thousand percent iron-clad guarantee of factual certainty doesn't prevent you from reaching reasoned conclusions, without being paralyzed with doubt.

DIXIE: Here's a thought... humans could have existed way before dinosaurs! Earth was destroyed and millions of years later, dinosaurs emerged.... then Earth was destroyed again and millions of years later, humans emerged! Can you prove this didn't happen? It's even possible these pre-dinosaur humans could have been smarter than we are!... There is NO PROOF that humans and dinosaurs did not coexist. NONE! The fact that we don't find human evidence alongside dinosaur evidence, is not PROOF of anything.

PMP: I personally believe humans and dinosaurs coexisted

Last edited:
Back