Today’s Teabagger News: Only 41% of Texans know humans did not live with dinosaurs

yawn...you're spinning madly but its not working

for over 200 years we haven't discovered sentient life outside of this planet, it is thus a scientific fact no sentient life exists outside this planet....

just admit you made dumbass statement and move on

Jesus, I can't waste my time anymore dumbing myself down to your level. So listen up, this is the last response. I don't play these games of going around in circles for 50 posts.

Yurt, this isn't Star Trek. No one's ever been to another solar system, and no one's captured a UFO, so the hypothsis that there is sentient life in other solar systems is largely untestable. Other that a few radio telescopes at SETI, there isn't any scientific methods to prove the existence of sentient life. Listen bro, there's no fleet of Star Ships out there hunting for life. So your premise that science has been looking for sentient life for 200 years is preposterous. The presence of life is almost completely untestable, until we either capture a UFO, send a probe to another solar system, or if SETI ever picks anything up. There's nothing even remotely equivalent between the body of work and robustness of data in the palentological field, and the star trek shit you're talking about.

The only premise that has been floated, is that it is reasonable to speculate hypothetically that life exists elsewhere in the universe, because our experience is that carbon based life can thrive where ever there is water, and where ever temperature and ambient climatic conditions are in the sweet spot.

Carry on with your Flintstones crap.

Jesus, I can't waste my time anymore dumbing myself down to your level. So listen up, this is the last response. I don't play these games of going around in circles for 50 posts.

Yurt, this isn't Star Trek. No one's ever been to another solar system, and no one's captured a UFO, so the hypothsis that there is sentient life in other solar systems is largely untestable. Other that a few radio telescopes at SETI, there isn't any scientific methods to prove the existence of sentient life. Listen bro, there's no fleet of Star Ships out there hunting for life. So your premise that science has been looking for sentient life for 200 years is preposterous. The presence of life is almost completely untestable, until we either capture a UFO, send a probe to another solar system, or if SETI ever picks anything up. There's nothing even remotely equivalent between the body of work and robustness of data in the palentological field, and the star trek shit you're talking about.

The only premise that has been floated, is that it is reasonable to speculate hypothetically that life exists elsewhere in the universe, because our experience is that carbon based life can thrive where ever there is water, and where ever temperature and ambient climatic conditions are in the sweet spot.

its perfectly logical. you're just pissy because you know i am right. not all the earth has been excavated. not all the fossils have been found. so to say that because we haven't found it in 200 years is the same thing as saying we haven't found sentient life in 200 years. had we discovered every fossil in every layer of the earth, you would have a point. unfortunately for you, we haven't. thus it is the height of ignorance to claim something doesn't exist as "scientific fact" merely because we haven't found it in 200 years when we haven't even scratched the surface of fossils on dry land, let alone what lies underneath ocean.

so go ahead and keep whining like a little bitch, you just make yourself look stupid.

Paleontology is nothing close to 200 years as the solid science you see today. Shoot not even 50 years ago digs were nothing like the careful process you see today, almost all digging was done for profit and quick buck didn't merit the close scrutiny you see today.

LOL....and for over 200 years virtually all scientific evidence stated the earth was flat, the sun rotated around the earth....so that of course must be a scientific fact that is beyond any plausible dispute...

Comparing the dark ages when dumbasses like Dixie had their way and faith ruled to post enlightenment is stupid. We probably gain far more knowledge in a year than we did during the entire 200 to which you are referring.

LOL....and for over 200 years virtually all scientific evidence stated the earth was flat, the sun rotated around the earth....so that of course must be a scientific fact that is beyond any plausible dispute...

And... it is not beyond plausible dispute. I am not sure any of those things ever were. What evidence stated the earth was flat and that the sun rotated around the earth?

I will add to this that scientists are hoping to locate a terrestrial planet roughly the size of Earth or Mars, orbiting a yellow star at a distance roughly that of Earth's distance from the Sun, because it would be the most probable site to find an environment similar to our own.

That doesn't mean there is life anywhere else but on Earth. But there is most probably a planet that fits the perameters I mentioned above.

I will add to this that scientists are hoping to locate a terrestrial planet roughly the size of Earth or Mars, orbiting a yellow star at a distance roughly that of Earth's distance from the Sun, because it would be the most probable site to find an environment similar to our own.

That doesn't mean there is life anywhere else but on Earth. But there is most probably a planet that fits the perameters I mentioned above.

Oh, but if we haven't discovered one, it means it can't possibly exist, didn't you get the memo from Prissy? We've examined a representative slice of the universe and found no life, so there is no scientific evidence to suggest that is possible, therefore it is impossible, and for you to be daring to believe it MAY be possible.... well, you are going to get called names and ridiculed, because you just don't get science.

Oh, but if we haven't discovered one, it means it can't possibly exist, didn't you get the memo from Prissy? We've examined a representative slice of the universe and found no life, so there is no scientific evidence to suggest that is possible, therefore it is impossible, and for you to be daring to believe it MAY be possible.... well, you are going to get called names and ridiculed, because you just don't get science.

We've examined our own terra form, and found evidence of dinosaurs, which went extinct 65 million years ago. We have also taken a cursory look at Mars, which may be just a bit too far from the Sun to support life, but its lack of atmosphere could simply be misleading. Many believe that water once flowed on the red planet.

As per your usual teabagging ways, indeed you appear to have no sentient knowledge of how science works.

You’re all confused and spinning wildly. You do not appear to understand the difference between a hypothesis, a theory, and a scientific fact. A remedial class in seventh grade science, perhaps?

Conflating the science of paleontological research, and the “search” for sentient extraterrestrial life demonstrates the shallowness of your teabag scientific street-cred.

The premise of sentient life elsewhere in the universe has never advanced beyond a hypothesis, because it is largely untestable for the time being. You and spurt can squeal like stuck pigs all you want about this false equivalency between paleontology and your star trek fantasies. It merely serves to expose your teabagging, climate science=denying, iraq-war supporting ignorance.

The K/T extinction event is one of the most tested and scientifically reproducible theories in modern science. The absence of Dinos above the K/T boundary has been so thoroughly tested, observed, and reproducible from 200 years of research, that it is beyond reasonable dispute and has advanced from standard scientific theory into the realm of scientific fact. Use Google, if you don’t understand what constitutes a scientific “fact”. Because, in your ignorance, you likely assume a scientific fact implies an absolute certainty, backed by a one thousand percent guarantee of bullet-proof assurance.

So, you and yurt can blather on all you want about how, for thousands of years we used to think the sun went around the earth, and that our Star ships haven’t found sentient life yet. That crap has nothing to do with the scientific method. The republicans, um I mean the idiots who thought the sun went around the earth weren’t practicing the scientific method. The reason we got past those republican idiots is because the scientific method was only universally accepted and widely employed in the last three centuries. And if the search for sentient life ever progresses to the level of paleontologic research – that is to say, if we send probes to tens of thousands of earth-like planets, never finding a trace of life – then and only then will Yurt’s Star Trek equivalency nonsense advance beyond the parameters of a hypothesis.

Last edited:
Have you always been so pompous and disrespectful?

As per your usual teabagging ways, indeed you appear to have no sentient knowledge of how science works.

You’re all confused and spinning wildly. You do not appear to understand the difference between a hypothesis, a theory, and a scientific fact. A remedial class in seventh grade science, perhaps?

Conflating the science of paleontological research, and the “search” for sentient extraterrestrial life demonstrates the shallowness of your teabag scientific street-cred.

The premise of sentient life elsewhere in the universe has never advanced beyond a hypothesis, because it is largely untestable for the time being. You and spurt can squeal like stuck pigs all you want about this false equivalency between paleontology and your star trek fantasies. It merely serves to expose your teabagging, climate science=denying, iraq-war supporting ignorance.

The K/T extinction event is one of the most tested and scientifically reproducible theories in modern science. The absence of Dinos above the K/T boundary has been so thoroughly tested, observed, and reproducible from 200 years of research, that it is beyond reasonable dispute and has advanced from standard scientific theory into the realm of scientific fact. Use Google, if you don’t understand what constitutes a scientific “fact”. Because, in your ignorance, you likely assume a scientific fact implies an absolute certainty, backed by a one thousand percent guarantee of bullet-proof assurance.

So, you and yurt can blather on all you want about how, for thousands of years we used to think the sun went around the earth, and that our Star ships haven’t found sentient life yet. That crap has nothing to do with the scientific method. The republicans, um I mean the idiots who thought the sun went around the earth weren’t practicing the scientific method. The reason we got past those republican idiots is because the scientific method was only universally accepted and widely employed in the last three centuries. And if the search for sentient life ever progresses to the level of paleontologic research – that is to say, if we send probes to tens of thousands of earth-like planets, never finding a trace of life – then and only then will Yurt’s Star Trek equivalency nonsense advance beyond the parameters of a hypothesis.

Dixie, we don't have telescopes with resolution high enough to find planets that small very often right now. That's the main reason we haven't found such a planet.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Excuse me, but no one has argued the K/T event didn't occur. That is not what this debate is about. You want to ridicule people you hate, and you've chosen to do so by mocking people who question the possibilities, such as the possibility (however remote) that humans could have inhabited the earth during (or even before) the time of the dinosaurs. I've seen no scientific "proof" this is not possible, and the K/T extinction certainly doesn't prove that.

So basically, Prissy, all you have is a really stupid anti-scientific comment and a bunch of hateful insults. We're done here!

The debate here has taken a weird turn. Again - I think it's pretty clear what the respondents to this survey are saying.

If you want to argue that they're saying "a few stray dinosaurs may have made it through the mass extinction, and they may have lived alongside man, but we just haven't discovered that," have at it. But I really think it's a stretch.

They're saying this is a young earth, and that man lived in the TIME of dinosaurs, and vice versa. That's how I read the question & response.

have we discovered every fossil in every layer of the earth that contains fossils?

It would be a valid comparison if we didn't have the technology necessary to find dinosaur bones. Then, we could honestly say we don't know either way.

Or if we had the technology necessary to find extrasolar earth sized planets, searched billions of stars, and found no earth like planets. And in response we ran our calculations through and found out that the chance of there being another earth sized planet in this area elsewhere in the universe was several orders of magnitude less than the amount of planets in the universe.

As it is, it's the most flawed analogy that any human being has ever managed to puke out.

The debate here has taken a weird turn. Again - I think it's pretty clear what the respondents to this survey are saying.

If you want to argue that they're saying "a few stray dinosaurs may have made it through the mass extinction, and they may have lived alongside man, but we just haven't discovered that," have at it. But I really think it's a stretch.

They're saying this is a young earth, and that man lived in the TIME of dinosaurs, and vice versa. That's how I read the question & response.

Yes, why are we even talking about this side issue with these idiots? They're just obfuscating there own heavily embarrassing views that they only hold because they're immune to evidence.

so it's a measure of your bigotry instead of a measure of their beliefs?.....

Just stating the facts, ma'am. I think "bigotry" is somewhat strong there, but whatever floats your boat.

But yeah - I think the young earthers are a weird crew. I can't deny it. It's probably the same way you'd feel about, say, flat earthers...

It would be a valid comparison if we didn't have the technology necessary to find dinosaur bones. Then, we could honestly say we don't know either way.

Or if we had the technology necessary to find extrasolar earth sized planets, searched billions of stars, and found no earth like planets. And in response we ran our calculations through and found out that the chance of there being another earth sized planet in this area elsewhere in the universe was several orders of magnitude less than the amount of planets in the universe.

As it is, it's the most flawed analogy that any human being has ever managed to puke out.

lmao....you proved me right and don't even realize it...we haven't searched billions of dinosaur bones/fossils, we haven't even scratched the surface of the planet...

thanks WM :clink:

Back