Top 8 Beer cities . . . Boston #4 ;)

Blue Ridge Parkway?

Puh-Leeze!

You need to head out west young man and drive the Million Dollar Highway between Ouray and Durango in Colorado.

If you want spectacular, majestic scenery and NOT tiny little tree covered bumps the locals like to pretend are "mountains", then come to Colorado, man!

Don't knock it till ya try it Zap. 432 miles of beautiful scenery, a 45 mph speed limit and plenty of scenic pull offs with hiking trails, things to see and do, and time to relax and reflect.

We may not have the elevations, but we have the history.... the Rockies are just newer mountains.... formed....3,000 years ago as opposed to ours that are 1,000 years older(for our right wing biblical scholars out there....lol)

5. Denver

Considering we have less population in our entire state than Boston has in one city I'd say number 5 is pretty danged good.

45mph is for pussies.

You don't get it...it's not a highway....it's a two lane road. It was built in the depression era by the WPA and CCC. It's designed for cruising and enjoying....not for getting from point A to point B.

There are lots of places to hop off and see much history...Monticello, the Natural Bridge, many Battlefields, Grandfather Mountain, Chimney Rock and a boatload of other things.

Forget it....all you young people care about is Amusement Parks and shit like that.

PA has, by far, the worst drivers in the nation. Letting them go 45 is like playing Russian roulette with a semi-auto shotgun.

You're just saying that....

You know who are really terrible drivers? NYC drivers from limited experience and when I lived in Louisiana.

NYC drivers are pussies, but that's it. LA drivers.....eh average. But no, PA does have the worst drivers I've ever seen. Worse than Iraqis.

NYC drivers are pussies, but that's it. LA drivers.....eh average. But no, PA does have the worst drivers I've ever seen. Worse than Iraqis.

Funny, I've only been in two accidents in 32 years of driving and both of them weren't my fault. Got rear ended once, and some douchebag pulled out in front of me....both cases? Inexperienced drivers.

You have to remember one thing about PA. You have two major cities in Philly and Pittsburgh, and some smaller cities....but much of the state is suburban to rural. I live in a rural part of PA....so what I see on a daily basis may not be what your experience is based on.

Funny, I've only been in two accidents in 32 years of driving and both of them weren't my fault. Got rear ended once, and some douchebag pulled out in front of me....both cases? Inexperienced drivers.

You have to remember one thing about PA. You have two major cities in Philly and Pittsburgh, and some smaller cities....but much of the state is suburban to rural. I live in a rural part of PA....so what I see on a daily basis may not be what your experience is based on.

No, it is. My wife is from York. My last two room mates from around Gettysburg. My mom was from bum fuck nowhere. I've spent more time driving in PA than any state except MI.

Don't knock it till ya try it Zap. 432 miles of beautiful scenery, a 45 mph speed limit and plenty of scenic pull offs with hiking trails, things to see and do, and time to relax and reflect.

We may not have the elevations, but we have the history.... the Rockies are just newer mountains.... formed....3,000 years ago as opposed to ours that are 1,000 years older(for our right wing biblical scholars out there....lol)
As for the "little bumps" part....he's never been to the Appalachians. From bed rock to mountain peaks they're many peaks that are just as high as the Rockies. They just happen to be on a bed rock plateau that's far lower in elevation than the rockies. Be that as it may, I wasn't trying to start a pissing contest about the mountains. They're both spectacular.

As for the "little bumps" part....he's never been to the Appalachians. From bed rock to mountain peaks they're many peaks that are just as high as the Rockies. They just happen to be on a bed rock plateau that's far lower in elevation than the rockies. Be that as it may, I wasn't trying to start a pissing contest about the mountains. They're both spectacular.

Neither was I. I've been to Alaska, and the mountains are beautiful there too. Actually went dog sledding on a mountain top glacier...had to fly in by Helicopter. Was very cool....and majestic....expensive as hell though $400x4 for a three hour experience...but...it was a once in a lifetime experience.

But I digress.... the beauty of one area does not negate that of another.

45mph is for pussies.
Unless you're on a bicycle. I got busted doing 60 mph coming down Clingmans dome with my old training partner. A park ranger caught up with us on the BRPKWY and threatened to give us a ticket. I wish he had. I would have framed it. The asshole let us go with a warning. You westerners have probably never heard of the "Tail of the dragon" either. Tell me this ride is for pussies!

People come from all over the world to ride the tail of the dragon at Deals gap. I remember hiting the gravity, gravity chicane at 45 mph on my road bike. The rice rockets were shooting through it at speeds like 70 mph.

What was cool was my training partner and I left Deals gap with a group of about 8 Harley Riders. We got to the bottom before everyone of them. This video gives a good idea of how much they have to slow down in the curves which is where we started blowing by them about half way down.

You don't get it...it's not a highway....it's a two lane road. It was built in the depression era by the WPA and CCC. It's designed for cruising and enjoying....not for getting from point A to point B.

There are lots of places to hop off and see much history...Monticello, the Natural Bridge, many Battlefields, Grandfather Mountain, Chimney Rock and a boatload of other things.

Forget it....all you young people care about is Amusement Parks and shit like that.
If you want to see what he's talking about the move "The Last of The Mohicans" with Daniel Day Lewis was filmed in the area of Grandfather Mountain and Chimney Rock. It's spectacular there.

I've riden my bike up all the peaks in that area. Clignmans Dome, Mt. Mitchell, Grandfather Mountain, Deals Gap, South Mountain. Mt. Mitchell was the hardest to climb, Cligmans the highest but Deals Gap, ToD was the most technical descent though I hit the highest speeds descending Clingmans Dome.

Back