Top 8 Beer cities . . . Boston #4 ;)

If you want to see what he's talking about the move "The Last of The Mohicans" with Daniel Day Lewis was filmed in the area of Grandfather Mountain and Chimney Rock. It's spectacular there.

I've riden my bike up all the peaks in that area. Clignmans Dome, Mt. Mitchell, Grandfather Mountain, Deals Gap, South Mountain. Mt. Mitchell was the hardest to climb, Cligmans the highest but Deals Gap, ToD was the most technical descent though I hit the highest speeds descending Clingmans Dome.

We went Mt. Mitchell last June...all we saw was clouds that day. I bet on a clear day, it's beautiful.

As much as I despise Oregon, they do have some pretty awesome breweries. But I still prefer Seattle-area breweries such as Red Hook, Big E, and Diamond Knot.

As for the "little bumps" part....he's never been to the Appalachians. From bed rock to mountain peaks they're many peaks that are just as high as the Rockies. They just happen to be on a bed rock plateau that's far lower in elevation than the rockies. Be that as it may, I wasn't trying to start a pissing contest about the mountains. They're both spectacular.

Utter nonsense. Truly. There is a huge difference between the Appalachian "mountains" and the Rockies, this only gives evidence you have never seen the Rockies. I have been to both... What they call "mountains" in the east, are flat not. I didn't even know I was driving in what you call "mountains" until I saw the sign telling me that I was leaving the Appalachian "mountains"...

Seriously, there is no comparison, even with the "bedrock" crap. You might even want to look in CA, they have 14K peaks, they are just as "on bedrock" as you are. Of course leading up to those tall ones you have foothills, none of the big peaks stand alone quite like Pike's Peak...

You should come visit the Rockies some time. You will know that there is a HUGE difference.

Utter nonsense. Truly. There is a huge difference between the Appalachian "mountains" and the Rockies, this only gives evidence you have never seen the Rockies. I have been to both... What they call "mountains" in the east, are flat not. I didn't even know I was driving in what you call "mountains" until I saw the sign telling me that I was leaving the Appalachian "mountains"...

Seriously, there is no comparison, even with the "bedrock" crap. You might even want to look in CA, they have 14K peaks, they are just as "on bedrock" as you are. Of course leading up to those tall ones you have foothills, none of the big peaks stand alone quite like Pike's Peak...

You should come visit the Rockies some time. You will know that there is a HUGE difference.

You see, the false premise is your "bigger is better" thing. I've seen the Rockies... at least parts of them...I've seen the mountains in Alaska, which were spectacular to behold. But as God as my witness The Appalachians are beautiful too.

I mean...does Everything have to be a pissing contest?

You see, the false premise is your "bigger is better" thing. I've seen the Rockies... at least parts of them...I've seen the mountains in Alaska, which were spectacular to behold. But as God as my witness The Appalachians are beautiful too.

Yes.

Well...when you said "I've seen worse" I thought you were talking about JPP. The written form of communication is so lacking when it comes to reading people's fucking minds.

Care to elaborate?

It was a joke. You were complaining about everything becoming a pissing contest, so I said I've seen worse, as a challenge.

I find it extremely hard to believe that NYC isn't even on that list.

lolercoaster.gif

Last time I was in NYC, the best beer I could locate was Blue Moon, which is pretty sad. Same went for Buffalo, Ottawa, and Montreal. Only city in the area that I found a decent brewery was Toronto - a place called Mill Street Brewery on the outskirts of the city.

Beer selection in Texas and Louisiana sucked sweaty balls. Only Mississippi seemed to have a couple decent micros.

Well......when it comes to beer.......yes! :)

Back