3: Not Ohio
4: Not Ohio
5: Not Ohio
6: Not Ohio
7: Not Ohio
8: Not Ohio
9: Not Ohio
10:Not Ohio

Congratulations...I can't get the article to load for some reason, but I'll assume Dublin...Jerome, Coffman, or Scioto?:)
Great city....
(Bex is nice, too:)
Yup...Dublin. Bexley rocks. Bought the groupo for my bike at the bike shop in Bexley.

Cool! My home city made the top ten list by town and country.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/10-best-places-raise-family-214404412.html

Interesting -- the one in Missouri was next door to where we lived. Nice suburb but quite pricey. Loved the older homes -- mostly brick, built mid-20th-century or earlier, lovely architecture. Sidewalks on most of the streets and friendly neighbors too.

It seemed though like the article just focused on a small part of America, the Midwest.

Most of them are much too small for me, I left my small hometown and prefer city life!

You would like Glendale; it's a suburb of St. Louis and with its neighbors Webster Groves and Kirkwood, is a city in itself. Only 20 minutes to downtown STL, although why anyone would want to go there is beyond me. ;~)

Interesting -- the one in Missouri was next door to where we lived. Nice suburb but quite pricey. Loved the older homes -- mostly brick, built mid-20th-century or earlier, lovely architecture. Sidewalks on most of the streets and friendly neighbors too.

It seemed though like the article just focused on a small part of America, the Midwest.
Funny, supposedly one of the criteria was affordability, ooopps

Yea Dublin is upper middle class too. You can have a $100k annual household income here and still be trailer trash. The amazing thing is 40 years ago Dublin was a small town of around 3,000 then Jack built Muerfield golf course and everything changed. The reason most are in the Midwest is housing cost are lower. I can buy a McMansion here in Dublin for around $300k. That would get you a small 2 bedroom condo on either coast.

Last edited:
Funny, supposedly one of the criteria was affordability, ooopps

Apparently their idea of affordability is a bit different than the rest of ours. Missouri does have a much lower cost of living than places on the coasts. Even so, I don't think that an 1100 sq ft 2-bed/1 bath starter house with a 7000 sq ft yard (your basic postage stamp, lol) that sold for $195,000 is really affordable for most young ppl just starting out. The homes in that area range from about $200K (tiny house) up to well over a million.

Most of them are much too small for me, I left my small hometown and prefer city life!

To small for me too? As I get older, I need a place with a public transit system and lots of healthcare options!

phoenix_light-rail5.jpg

I take it the author has never ventured outside of the Midwest? Also, how can you list a suburb of Chicago? It's a good idea to raise a family that close to rapid gunfire?!!?

Back