Top Ten Places to raise a family

Still jealous that our Sheep are hotter than yours? How many times has Michigan beat Ohio State in the last 17 years. Twice maybe? Oh and Michigan is only second too New Jersey in the number of Super Fund sites.

To top that off Ohio has Mott. You do not. You have bar stool Billy.

Ohio has only one superfund site......it stretches from Pennsylvania to Indiana.......

Say what? Ohio has never been a solidly red State. Ohio is all over the map politically. It’s the most purple State in the country. Has been for over 100 years.
Yep...
(Some still don't understand that red and scarlet are two different colors... We are solidly scarlet and gray:)

Not surprising to me but I grew up here and have traveled a lot. Low population density, affluence, reasonable taxes and low housing cost plus good schools add up to a good place to raise a family.

You mean been run out of so many towns you can't count.

Still jealous that our Sheep are hotter than yours? How many times has Michigan beat Ohio State in the last 17 years. Twice maybe? Oh and Michigan is only second too New Jersey in the number of Super Fund sites.

To top that off Ohio has Mott. You do not. You have bar stool Billy.

So you base where to live on how a football team does compared to somewhere else.

Seems both schools have had problems with doing the right thing in the area upon which you base your opinion, in sports. Didn't both schools face probation for violations in basketball AND football. If you're going to base your opinion on how great somewhere is to live using sports, why did you not post those things?

You’re cost of living is higher, housing is higher public schools are not as good nor do you have the employment opportunities. Having said that the Asheville area is very nice.

If Asheville didn't have so many fucking Liberals, it would be much better.

So you base where to live on how a football team does compared to somewhere else.

Seems both schools have had problems with doing the right thing in the area upon which you base your opinion, in sports. Didn't both schools face probation for violations in basketball AND football. If you're going to base your opinion on how great somewhere is to live using sports, why did you not post those things?
Blasphemy!!!

You’re cost of living is higher, housing is higher public schools are not as good nor do you have the employment opportunities. Having said that the Asheville area is very nice.

Without data I can't determine if the cost of living is higher, but my sister lives in central PA and her masonite-sided condo $/SF is more than my all brick colonial in a restricted subdivision. Her HOA fees are also higher. I'm not sure about her RE taxes but mine are very low.

With regard to employment opportunities here, my wife and I both make well into 6 figs and have never been unemployed in the 22 years since we've moved here. I'll retire at 66 but since she's younger she'll retire early at 62.

With regards to schools, my county, population 250,000, is one school district with 7 high schools, about twice that many middle schools, and about 4 times that many elementary schools. Parents can choose which schools they send their kids to. The large district reduced administration costs, but more importantly has resources for special needs kids through the spectrum. For example, my son was in the top 1% academically so went to a central school with all the other one percenters. He graduated high school with 39 college credits, then went to NC State, where in-state tuition was a bargain. He married a gal with a comparable degree from MIT and they both work for a major manufacturer about 4 hours down the road. At 25 they just bought a brand new home, as large as mine, and they honeymooned in HI.

Both my kids know the difference between "your" and "you're". ;)

To bad my town sucks so bad, huh?

Back