Travel experiences

What about yours, Guno?

In the navy saw a lot of Asia Japan and Taiwan and the Philippines , in Europe Italy , France England and Scotland . in the Mediterranean Greece . but all of those didn't really get to roam around other then short term controlled site seeing.

Wasn't til later on business in the 90's and early 2000's saw and spent some time in Switzerland ,Austria, Germany, Poland, Japan ,China , Mexico and Canada

I also made a few trips to Israel , the last time being before COVID hit

In 2016 I went to Cuba for a couple of weeks when travel was opened up by Obama , Great people and culture!!

-Really fortunate to meet some interesting people and experience different cultures

Now my travel days are over

Do remember the days when traveling was half the fun? Well them are long over, I resist traveling to the max extent possible now. Also from what I have seen Americans when they travel get little out of it because they lack the willingness to adventure and they tend to be not curious.

HOWEVER:

Living in Germany for six years, and for over two of them working for a German firm, was life changing. I believe it was Alexis de Tocqueville who said that one can not fully see their own society unless they get out of it for awhile, so that they can see their home from a different angle. I decided that he is right.

--->"Despite Judaism's prohibition on eating pork, pigs are raised, slaughtered and processed as food in Israel. Pork, referred to as “white meat” in Hebrew, has been available at numerous restaurants and stores in Israel for decades.Mar 14, 2018

Pork in Israel Reflects Clash of Cultures - Atlanta Jewish Times"

:(

no longer the case :)

It was good to get outside of the insulated bubble of American experience, and get a taste of history as seen through the eyes of South Americans and eastern Europeans.

"Both Judaism and Islam have prohibited eating pork and its products for thousands of years. Scholars have proposed several reasons for the ban to which both religions almost totally adhere. Pork, and the refusal to eat it, possesses powerful cultural baggage for Jews. Israel has legislated two related laws: the Pork Law in 1962, that bans the rearing and slaughter of pigs across the country, and the Meat Law of 1994, prohibiting all imports of nonkosher meats into Israel. While not abounding, Israeli pork-eaters certainly exist, and a small number of pig-breeding farms operate in the country, mostly in Christian villages. The influx of Russian immigrants in the 1990s helped boost sales of pork, but the force of the taboo remains so powerful that many secular Israelis still eschew pork dishes, while willing to eat less charged nonkosher items such as shellfish. A porchetta feast recently held in the Muslim-Jewish town of Jaffa, defied the religious and cultural taboo. It was a celebration of a book by Dr. Eli Landau, The White Book, which is the first Hebrew-language collection of pork recipes. Fearing repercussions, Israeli publishers unanimously refused to publish it and the book chain stores declined to display it. As a result, Landau published it himself."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21542211/

"The Torah doesn't specify punishments for other violations of its dietary laws, but the Talmud, which was written at least a millennium later, declares that anyone who fails to keep kosher in any way should be subject to makkot, or 39 lashes.Jun 20, 2012

Hebrew National lawsuit: What happens to Jews who eat non ..."

:(

Out of the US I’ve only been to Mexico…Juarez. I was struck by the kids with funnel catchers down by the river as we walked across the bridge. Some people were tossing coins down to them. Then the people selling stuff on the streets, glass blowers and metal artists, kids driving “cabs” … those were just a few things I won’t forget. Like Rana, I wanted to buy stuff from the kids but had been told not to. I did buy a ring from a metal worker who carved my name in it after I print enter it on an old paper sack.

Then, I’ve been to Canada long enough to say I’ve set foot in Canada…but I won’t count that.

I’ve traveled all over the US, just missing a few states. Love the adventure of going other places … but love my home more.

In the navy saw a lot of Asia Japan and Taiwan and the Philippines , in Europe Italy , France England and Scotland . in the Mediterranean Greece . but all of those didn't really get to roam around other then short term controlled site seeing.

Wasn't til later on business in the 90's and early 2000's saw and spent some time in Switzerland ,Austria, Germany, Poland, Japan ,China , Mexico and Canada

I also made a few trips to Israel , the last time being before COVID hit

In 2016 I went to Cuba for a couple of weeks when travel was opened up by Obama , Great people and culture!!

-Really fortunate to meet some interesting people and experience different cultures

Now my travel days are over

I'd sad to hear that, that they are over, but what awesome memories to have. Have you ever thought of writing down some of your experiences, or recording them, for your g-kids? I would have loved to have something like that from my parents and g-parents.

Guno grew up in a ethnic neighborhood where he went to a 'Hebrew-Only' school.
As a young teenager, he was forced to go to the 'Two Minutes of Hate' seminars.
Later, after graduation, he moved to North Carolina*and formed his own 'Two Minutes of Hate' seminar.
He travelled to Israel once. Found out they ate pork there, and realized these people were a bunch of Devil Worshippers ... and fled, never to return.
Ne now spends most of his time here ... Hating.

*sigh* Go troll somewhere else, Jack. No one cares about your attention whoring except maybe your sister whore.

I'd sad to hear that, that they are over, but what awesome memories to have. Have you ever thought of writing down some of your experiences, or recording them, for your g-kids? I would have loved to have something like that from my parents and g-parents.

yep recording it an plenty off photos

Out of the US I’ve only been to Mexico…Juarez. I was struck by the kids with funnel catchers down by the river as we walked across the bridge. Some people were tossing coins down to them. Then the people selling stuff on the streets, glass blowers and metal artists, kids driving “cabs” … those were just a few things I won’t forget. Like Rana, I wanted to buy stuff from the kids but had been told not to. I did buy a ring from a metal worker who carved my name in it after I print enter it on an old paper sack.

Then, I’ve been to Canada long enough to say I’ve set foot in Canada…but I won’t count that.

I’ve traveled all over the US, just missing a few states. Love the adventure of going other places … but love my home more.

Do you have one place that really stands out in your memories?

What was one of your favorite places or experiences?

A lot I will post tomorrow, the old man is heading to bed to listen to NPR and the BBC then ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good nite

IMG_20200416_115805.jpg

*sigh* Go troll somewhere else, Jack. No one cares about your attention whoring except maybe your sister whore.

It was a political commentary on Religious Quacks and the proportional level of Hatred.
See your pals TDAK and Volsrock? Both Religious Quacks. Both consumed with Hatred. Guno. Another Religious Quack. Again, ... consumed with Hatred.

Oh Pumpkin. If I was 'Attention Whoring', I would talk about going up the Amazon River and asking the Villagers about swimming, where a little boy made a gesture with his hand, moving his fingers and thumb together, making me think 'Piranhas'. Or sitting in a Club in Cairo watching the Belly Dancers, when 4 Locals sucking on a Hookah Pipe, kept starring at us as though they were pissed about Anglos thinking impure thoughts about their women, ... and the Taxi Driver telling us "We should leave". Or smoking Thai weed at the Grotto in Saipan. Super clear water and a large tunnel leading out to the sea.

But that would distract from the Theme: 'Religious Quacks and Hatred'.

Do you have one place that really stands out in your memories?

Several places I have been stand out. Pretty much any mountain I’ve visited I have loved. Smokey’s, Rockies, Sierra Nevadas…all awesome. Of course something like the Grand Canyon is tremendous, but then Bryce Canyon and Arches National park were surprisingly, interestingly scenic. Loved visiting the Giant Sequoias and Yosemite in California so much I’ve been there multiple times. Then the trip last summer to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire was as great as I thought it would be. Cadillac mountain, the dog train up Mount Washington and the ocean as pretty and blue as I’ve ever seen. I’m not much of a beach guy (unless I’m fishing ;)) so the ocean access and activities in Maine was right down my ally.

I guess the stand out was the activities and scenery around Jackson Hole, WY. We drove from Yellowstone through the snow-capped Tetons down to Jackson Hole, I was surprised by how beautiful it was. Then the activities…the mountains for hiking, lots of trout streams and for a tourist town Jackson Hole itself wasn’t too bad. I was pleasantly surprised with that leg of that trip. If I was a winter traveler I’d go there during ski season and see if they’d let an old fella on the bunny slopes to learn how to ski.

It was a political commentary on Religious Quacks and the proportional level of Hatred.
See your pals TDAK and Volsrock? Both Religious Quacks. Both consumed with Hatred. Guno. Another Religious Quack. Again, ... consumed with Hatred.

The OP is about travel. You just brought your obsession with religion here to attention whore. Fuck off, darling, and do have a lovely night.
ofoW8GV.jpg

Several places I have been stand out. Pretty much any mountain I’ve visited I have loved. Smokey’s, Rockies, Sierra Nevadas…all awesome. Of course something like the Grand Canyon is tremendous, but then Bryce Canyon and Arches National park were surprisingly, interestingly scenic. Loved visiting the Giant Sequoias and Yosemite in California so much I’ve been there multiple times. Then the trip last summer to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire was as great as I thought it would be. Cadillac mountain, the dog train up Mount Washington and the ocean as pretty and blue as I’ve ever seen. I’m not much of a beach guy (unless I’m fishing ;)) so the ocean access and activities in Maine was right down my ally.

I guess the stand out was the activities and scenery around Jackson Hole, WY. We drove from Yellowstone through the snow-capped Tetons down to Jackson Hole, I was surprised by how beautiful it was. Then the activities…the mountains for hiking, lots of trout streams and for a tourist town Jackson Hole itself wasn’t too bad. I was pleasantly surprised with that leg of that trip. If I was a winter traveler I’d go there during ski season and see if they’d let an old fella on the bunny slopes to learn how to ski.

I'm sure they would. How lovely! You've really done some traveling around our amazing nation. What did you think of Vermont? Two of my girls live there. We've been to Stowe, the Ben and Jerry's place, Cabot Cheese, the Northeast Kingdom, Burlington of course.

The OP is about travel. You just brought your obsession with religion here to attention whore. Fuck off, darling, and do have a lovely night.
ofoW8GV.jpg

:) Thanks. I see this as a Political Forum. An expression of 'Americana'. I see the 'divide'. It's a Cultural War. 'Hate' seems to be the only thing in common. A SAD COMMENTARY OF WHERE WE ARE.

:) Thanks. I see this as a Political Forum. An expression of 'Americana'. I see the 'divide'. It's a Cultural War. 'Hate' seems to be the only thing in common. A SAD COMMENTARY OF WHERE WE ARE.

Then go find another thread to exercise your rancor on. This one is about travel.

Back