Travel experiences

How awesome. I love your travel stories, esp. about Germany.

That stereotype doesn't surprise me; it's pretty much what I've heard too. Only adding in the word "obnoxious" as well. When we go there someday I vow to not be like that. :)

I love your travel stories
That is what most Americans miss is the history/stories of events and reasons for Fests

Just respect the customs and courtesies of the country you are in and you will be fine. BTW the fastest way to piss a European off is "Do you speak English) no matter how bad your language skills try to converse in their language. They will respect you and most likely will respond in English if they speak it.

Possibly the only exception to the above would be France. But it has been so long since I was there they may have changed.

That is what most Americans miss is the history/stories of events and reasons for Fests

Just respect the customs and courtesies of the country you are in and you will be fine. BTW the fastest way to piss a European off is "Do you speak English) no matter how bad your language skills try to converse in their language. They will respect you and most likely will respond in English if they speak it.

Possibly the only exception to the above would be France. But it has been so long since I was there they may have changed.

It's possible that they have. When my middle daughter and husband went to Paris and Switzerland a few years ago, ppl cautioned her not to try to use her (American-taught) French or she'd be scorned. She did anyways, and said ppl were just delighted that she did. It was just like you said.

I love sharks. They are a very misunderstood species. You have to respect them, but most of the time, they aren’t interested in humans.
My favorite are tiger sharks, and I also like the little leopard sharks we have on the Pacific coast.

People who travel are exposed to different cultures and experiences especially traveling outside of the U.S.

Post your travel and experiences and how it changed your outlook

I went to the Soviet union, Leningrad and Moscow in 1986. Haven’t been there was eye-opening, but to watch it fall apart in the years after was amazing

No, they are friendly sharks, nurse. They nudge up against you, but wouldn’t bite. They were there for the food the guide fed them. The water was so clear, it was a great day, ceviche and rum punch, too.

https://caribbeanlifestyle.com/instagrammable-swim-with-sharks-in-belize/

What a wonderful experience. I would love to do that someday! I've got a pic of my oldest son and family petting tame (I think!) dolphins in Belize. They are the four on the right, where the dolphin is.

qw73lxh.jpg

My son on his fist cruise and port of call in the Navy was in Italy- he called me when they docked , he said he and his buddy's were going to get something to eat, when I spoke to him the next day I asked him where they went to eat, (me thinking a small trattoria) nope, they went to McDonald :palm:

My son on his fist cruise and port of call was in Italy he called me when they docked , he said he and his buddy's were going to get something to eat, when I spoke to him the next day I asked him where they went to eat, (me thinking a small trattoria) nope, they went to McDonald :palm:
Lol, kids

My first airplane experience was either 1969 or 1970 on a 707. We went to the Rockford airport and got on, we took off, then we flew around in circles for about 15 minutes and landed again. The entire point was to give people the experience. I no longer remember who sponsored it.

In 1975 I flew Eastern to Florida to see my grandparents, this was when flying was expensive but awesome.

My son on his fist cruise and port of call in the Navy was in Italy- he called me when they docked , he said he and his buddy's were going to get something to eat, when I spoke to him the next day I asked him where they went to eat, (me thinking a small trattoria) nope, they went to McDonald :palm:

Hahahaha! That figures!

The first time she went to France, my middle daughter's h.s. French class went on one of those student tours. She was SOOOO disappointed that they had to eat at the places the tour company set up, and all they served was stuff like pizza, burgers, fries. She wanted so badly to try real French cuisine. Now that she lives in VT, she informs me that poutine is not, in fact, French cuisine. lol

My first airplane experience was either 1969 or 1970 on a 707. We went to the Rockford airport and got on, we took off, then we flew around in circles for about 15 minutes and landed again. The entire point was to give people the experience. I no longer remember who sponsored it.

In 1975 I flew Eastern to Florida to see my grandparents, this was when flying was expensive but awesome.

Did you get airsick?

My first airplane experience was either 1969 or 1970 on a 707. We went to the Rockford airport and got on, we took off, then we flew around i circles for about 15 minutes and landed again. The entire point was to give people the experience. I no longer remember who sponsored it.

American airlines used to do that a lot , in 65' We took a flight onTWA from JFK to Hartford conn on a 707 14$ round trip on standby. Plane was empty going out took 20 minutes, coming back in the evening plane was packed and circled for over an hour because JFK was backed up , we had a great time. Lived a few miles from JFK

American airlines used to do that a lot , in 65' We took a flight onTWA from JFK to Hartford conn on a 707 14$ round trip on standby. Plane was empty going out took 20 minutes, coming back in the evening plane was packed and circled for over an hour because JFK was backed up , we had a great time. Lived a few miles from JFK

This we did was free. It really annoys me that I cant now remember anything about who did it, though I know that we knew about it because my dad worked at the Rockford Newspapers. I am smarter and better than I ever was but MAN I have forgotten a lot of stuff that I used to know.

Back