U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: ATHEISM IS RELIGION

No it is not of any importance at all. Since I am an atheist, I think I can speak for myself. You don't need to do it for me. I have absolutely no need for God or for dogma. I feel the same about Zeus, Neptune, Atlas, Venus, Mars...... and Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Your need to have a rulebook written by someone else for you to follow is the height of insecurity and moral irresponsibility. My lack of belief in God has the exact same impact on my life as your lack of belief in Thor has on yours. You are clueless.
Concart:

Who do you expect to believe that lie, that non-belief in a God or gods is not important to an atheist?

Concart:

Who do you expect to believe that lie, that non-belief in a God or gods is not important to an atheist?
It isn't a lie. It has absolutely no impact on my life. None. Since your are in a cult, I wouldn't expect you to understand. And whether you believe it or not has no impact on my life either. See how that works?

Concart:

Do you think atheists pray to their non-god daily or weekly?
Not believing in something doesn't mean it is important to them
I don't believe in unicorns and I rarely think about them. Why would I obsess about something I don't believe exists? Some people that don't believe in unicorns may spend time telling others that they don't exist but the majority of us don't.

To claim atheists think something that doesn't exist is important to them flies in the face of common sense and human nature.

Do you think atheists pray to their non-god daily or weekly?
Not believing in something doesn't mean it is important to them
I don't believe in unicorns and I rarely think about them. Why would I obsess about something I don't believe exists? Some people that don't believe in unicorns may spend time telling others that they don't exist but the majority of us don't.

To claim atheists think something that doesn't exist is important to them flies in the face of common sense and human nature.
Poor Richard Saunders:

The fact that atheists put out so much energy, arguing against the existence of a God, speaks volumes as to how important it is in their lives. That equates to RELIGION. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that atheism is religion, particularly so at Footnote 11 in the Torcaso v. Watkins lawsuit in which an atheist sued for his religious rights. Below again is Footnote 11, followed by the weblink to the court ruling.

[ Footnote 11 ] Among religions in this country which do not teach what would generally be considered a belief in the existence of God are Buddhism, Taoism, Ethical Culture, Secular Humanism and others. See Washington Ethical Society v. District of Columbia, 101 U.S. App. D.C. 371, 249 F.2d 127; Fellowship of Humanity v. County of Alameda, 153 Cal. App. 2d 673, 315 P.2d 394; II Encyclopaedia of the Social Sciences 293; 4 Encyclopaedia Britannica (1957 ed.) 325-327; 21 id., at 797; Archer, Faiths Men Live By (2d ed. revised by Purinton), 120-138, 254-313; 1961 World Almanac 695, 712; Year Book of American Churches for 1961, at 29, 47.[/COLOR]

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=367&invol=488

FYI: A Secular Humanist is an atheist.

Poor Richard Saunders:

The fact that atheists put out so much energy, arguing against the existence of a God, speaks volumes as to how important it is in their lives. That equates to RELIGION. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that atheism is religion, particularly so at Footnote 11 in the Torcaso v. Watkins lawsuit in which an atheist sued for his religious rights. Below again is Footnote 11, followed by the weblink to the court ruling.

[ Footnote 11 ] Among religions in this country which do not teach what would generally be considered a belief in the existence of God are Buddhism, Taoism, Ethical Culture, Secular Humanism and others. See Washington Ethical Society v. District of Columbia, 101 U.S. App. D.C. 371, 249 F.2d 127; Fellowship of Humanity v. County of Alameda, 153 Cal. App. 2d 673, 315 P.2d 394; II Encyclopaedia of the Social Sciences 293; 4 Encyclopaedia Britannica (1957 ed.) 325-327; 21 id., at 797; Archer, Faiths Men Live By (2d ed. revised by Purinton), 120-138, 254-313; 1961 World Almanac 695, 712; Year Book of American Churches for 1961, at 29, 47.[/COLOR]

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=367&invol=488

FYI: A Secular Humanist is an atheist.
ROTFLMFAO!!! I expend exactly zero energy arguing against the existence of God. I don't give a crap what you believe until you try to shove it down the throats of public school students. The only one who starts multiple threads trying to prop up their position is YOU, pal.

Stop with the third grade atheism. I doesn't look good on you.

People who use atheist as a self-descriptor are not lacking a belief.

They just believe something different from theists.

You believe that there are no gods...or that it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one.

I wish you understood English just a bit better. But you would still lack the ability to reason.

ROTFLMFAO!!! I expend exactly zero energy arguing against the existence of God. I don't give a crap what you believe until you try to shove it down the throats of public school students. The only one who starts multiple threads trying to prop up their position is YOU, pal.
Zero energy, Concart? Then why are you so obsessed with arguing in the religion forum?

Zero energy, Concart? Then why are you so obsessed with arguing in the religion forum?
I'm not. It's a message board you fucking clown. That's what people do. You know how many threads I've started pushing atheism? Zero. How many threads pushing Christianity have YOU started, just today?

Enough said.

I'm not. It's a message board you fucking clown. That's what people do. You know how many threads I've started pushing atheism? Zero. How many threads pushing Christianity have YOU started, just today?

Enough said.
Curse at me one more time, and I will add you to my Ignore List where you can join the other four people that are already there.

At one website where I occasionally debate, I put over a dozen people on Ignore for refusing to respectfully debate. They've been on Ignore for over 10 years, and there they will remain.

People can disagree without being disagreeable.

Curse at me one more time, and I will add you to my Ignore List where you can join the other four people that are already there.

At one website where I occasionally debate, I put over a dozen people on Ignore for refusing to respectfully debate. They've been on Ignore for over 10 years, and there they will remain.

People can disagree without being disagreeable.
Oh no..... please don't, I'll be so sad. I guess calling someone a liar is agreeing without being disagreeable, right? Too funny. Grow a pair, pal.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Back