unbanned collectors.....

my wife says I collect collections, but marbles are one of my favorites....

0004238ffec78d9687edbb6f93c63cf0.jpg

I use to play marbles growing up? A lost art now?:(

images

I also used to collect abolone shells. Unfortunately, they were over harvested and the shells and abolone, became scarce.

One of the most beautiful shells, imo.

I used to have a collection of marbles at my grandfather's cabin. There were some that were quite old- you could tell by the texture and the fact that they were not perfectly round. Lost to history...

Some would say that I collect antique cars, but they are not that old and there are only two of them. If I collect anything, I suppose, it is hand tools...

I also used to collect abolone shells. Unfortunately, they were over harvested and the shells and abolone, became scarce.

One of the most beautiful shells, imo.

I have one.....its about nine inches....when my father moved back to Iowa from California in 1938 to marry my mother and start his own farm, he gave one to his mother.....when I was little and we would visit her I used to spend all my time staring into it (she didn't talk much, had no tv and I had already read both books she had in the house).....when she died it went back to dad, when he died it came to me......I have it on a shelf over my computer monitor as we speak.....

I have one.....its about nine inches....when my father moved back to Iowa from California in 1938 to marry my mother and start his own farm, he gave one to his mother.....when I was little and we would visit her I used to spend all my time staring into it (she didn't talk much, had no tv and I had already read both books she had in the house).....when she died it went back to dad, when he died it came to me......I have it on a shelf over my computer monitor as we speak.....

That is awesome

Here's some of my grandfather's tools. I'm not sure how old the adjustable wrench is, maybe 1920's. The Ford wrench is all that is left from his Model A. On top is a 1/8" drive inch-pound torque wrench for adjusting transmission bands and steering boxes.

Attachments

• IMG_20180124_192922923.jpg
    IMG_20180124_192922923.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 2
A recent purchase, flaring tool, strong enough for stainless steel brake line.

Attachments

• IMG_20180124_193552418.jpg
    IMG_20180124_193552418.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1
Eye candy underhood, big block Ford fitted with an Edelbrock Victor single plane intake, EFI, MSD ignition, vintage Offenhauser valve covers, Lincoln Mark 8 cooling fan and a March serpentine belt system.

Attachments

• IMG_20180124_193714115.jpg
    IMG_20180124_193714115.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 4
Back