Usha Vance earned what MAGA morons call useless liberal arts degrees

I guess you didn't read your link. That seems to an ongoing problem for you.
The degree is a teaching degree. So, now you are arguing that becoming a teacher is a waste of time and money.
I’m not sure how you deducted that I made that argument. Where exactly did I say becoming a teacher is a waste of time and money?
Maybe you can explain.
Speaking of becoming a teacher, you don’t need a degree in education anymore to be a teacher in the Anchorage School District since they’re so short of teachers.

So JD Vance is entitled to have special dispensation (GI bill) for the taxpayers funding his political science and philosophy degree at Ohio State University, but a firefighter is not entitled to the same special dispensation.
He isn't entitled to anything but the promises made to him when he signed up. That you want to lump him performing a service that his peers' deemed worth paying for with those that got a loan, and now want it forgiven is absurd

I’m not sure how you deducted that I made that argument. Where exactly did I say becoming a teacher is a waste of time and money?
Maybe you can explain.
Speaking of becoming a teacher, you don’t need a degree in education anymore to be a teacher in the Anchorage School District since they’re so short of teachers.

Home economics is no joke. It’s pathetic.
I guess you just said becoming a teacher is pathetic.
Jeezuz Christ. That’s exactly what one does with a useless degree. Either go back and take more courses in STEM , join the military or go to law school. If not you work at seven eleven or Starbucks. So what’s your point?
And you also called it a useless degree during a discussion of people taking out loans for degrees that are a waste of time and money.

I guess you just said becoming a teacher is pathetic.

And you also called it a useless degree during a discussion of people taking out loans for degrees that are a waste of time and money.
I’d argue that being a home eck teacher is pretty useless compared to a chemistry or math teacher, e.g.
Plus you don’t even need a degree in that to teach it.
The few home eck majors I knew in college were girls that wanted something easy to major in while looking for a husband.

He isn't entitled to anything but the promises made to him when he signed up. That you want to lump him performing a service that his peers' deemed worth paying for with those that got a loan, and now want it forgiven is absurd
By law, Americans are perfectly entitled to student loans if the apply for it and meet the requirements. Those constitute promises under the law just have much as the GI bill constitutes a promise.

Please explain why you think the GI bill is a legally noble instrument of financing a philosophy degree for Private Vance, while the federal student loan program and Pell grants are totally bogus.

By law, Americans are perfectly entitled to student loans if the apply for it and meet the requirements. Those constitute promises under the law just have much as the GI bill constitutes a promise.

Please explain why you think the GI bill is a legally noble instrument of financing a philosophy degree for Private Vance, while the federal student loan program and Pell grants are totally bogus.
a GI Bill is a work program. it isn't a loan, it is a form of compensation

anyone this dumb is a waste of time

a GI Bill is a work program. it isn't a loan, it is a form of compensation

anyone this dumb is a waste of time
So are work-study programs under the federal student loan program.

If people pay off their student loans, and qualify for high paying professional jobs by virtue of going to college, the amount of taxes they pay will more than offset any incremental cost of a federally subsidized education.

What work did Private Vance do? He was a glorified Girl Friday typing press releases for the USMC public affairs office.

which has zero to do with loan forgiveness
We weren't talking about student loan forgiveness. You complained that students should not have the taxpayer pay for humanities degrees.

So you like some laws, like the GI bill which allows Private Vance to have taxpayers pick up the tab for his philosophy degree, but you don't like federal laws that allow other people to borrow for a humanities degree.

We weren't talking about student loan forgiveness. You complained that students should not have the taxpayer pay for humanities degrees.

So you like some laws, like the GI bill which allows Private Vance to have taxpayers pick up the tab for his philosophy degree, but you don't like federal laws that allow other people to borrow for a humanities degree.
not sure how many sock puppets you need to keep track of, but loan forgiveness is what we are discussing here - starts in #25

I know because nobody wants to even have a dialog with the shit stain troll you have become and post #25 was the first anyone even dealt with the subject - ME

---------------------

the only issue a conservative has with higher education is passing costs onto tax payers.

If you want to fund learning under water basket weaving - you are free to do so.

But when your marxist leaders cry about deodorant choices but also want to forgive student loans, we got an issue with how you don't respect ownership and property

Back