Usha Vance earned what MAGA morons call useless liberal arts degrees

I find you rather funny. Find anyone off the street that can run a CNC with no training. Liberal arts majors can be trained just like HS drop outs but liberal arts majors will probably be easier to train because they have shown they can stick to something. Just about any CNC router is a 3 axis machine. I guess you aren't very familiar with CNCs.

Ain't no HS dropout who has a clue how to set up or program (much less grind the cutting tooling) a lathe or mill. Hell, most HS dropouts probably never even heard of the simplest of 2 axis machines.
Ain't no HS graduate who has a clue how to set up or program (much less grind the cutting tooling) a lathe or mill. Hell, most HS graduates probably never even heard of the simplest of 2 axis machines.
Ain't no tech school drop out who has a clue how to set up or program (much less grind the cutting tooling) a lathe or mill. Hell, most tech school drop outs probably never even heard of the simplest of 2 axis machines.
Ain't no college drop out who has a clue how to set up or program (much less grind the cutting tooling) a lathe or mill. Hell, most college drop outs probably never even heard of the simplest of 2 axis machines.
Ain't no college graduate who has a clue how to set up or program (much less grind the cutting tooling) a lathe or mill. Hell, most college graduates probably never even heard of the simplest of 2 axis machines.

Frankly you are an idiot, RB. No one can run a CNC without either reading the fucking manual or having some training. You seem to think that people with liberal arts degrees are untrainable. You are free to have that opinion but it doesn't really make sense considering the hundreds of people with liberal arts degrees that are much better machinists than you are or will ever be.
Where have I said they are untrainable? There's a learning curve from college to industry. depending on the degree, some steeper than others.
Those liberal arts machinists you are fantasizing? I'm game :)

Oh they do. They're just low ambition, low paying gubmint jobs that are almost impossible to get fired from, a far cry from being self employed in a profession.

A certified tech. writer doesn't get that with a history degree. You prove my point. Your 'friend' had to get additional training since his history degree was worthless.
Tulane University Law School on the own website says they do not accept anyone with low GPA, unless there are 'truly extraordinary' circumstances to make them reconsider.

I'm taking Tulane University Law School's word for it.

Your tale of a girlfriend with a Home Economics degree and a 2.4 GPA being accepted to Tulane Law School sounds either like a random story you heard, or an urban legend you framed and adopted to your own circumstances.

Tulane University Law School on the own website says they do not accept anyone with low GPA, unless there are truly extraordinary circumstances to make them reconsider.

Your tale of a girlfriend with a Home Economics degree and a 2.4 GPA sounds either like a random story you heard, or an urban legend you framed and adopted to your own circumstances.
Anonymous lies all the time. A despicable person with no morals.

I think a person that works to pay for it - either in the private sector - or works by serving his country is not in the same ball park as what we are discussing here.

I also don't think either degree ranks in the bottom - but since he chose to work to pay for it - he can do basket weaving under water
So JD Vance is entitled to have special dispensation (GI bill) for the taxpayers funding his political science and philosophy degree at Ohio State University, but a firefighter is not entitled to the same special dispensation.

I don't think MAGA morons are aware how hard it is to default on a student loan and then spend the rest or your life getting away with it.

Student loans are never wiped clean and expunged from your record, and the IRS is ruthless about garnishing the wages or withholding tax refunds to people who had student loans and just decided they didn't want to pay them back.

Attracting Philosophy Majors with Combined Undergrad/Grad Degrees​

The Department of Philosophy at Youngstown State University has launched a “3+3 undergraduate to law school program” that allows students to major in philosophy and get a law degree in six years, as opposed to the seven it would normally take.

A good idea. A philosophy degree is good prep for law school because it is one of the few degrees that teaches formal logic, the Socratic method, the dialectic. It's a better prep for law school than mechanical engineering or wildlife biology. Although for certain very specific areas of law, like environmental law, a toxicology or ecology background in undergrad could be extremely helpful.

A good idea. A philosophy degree is good prep for law school because it is one of the few degrees that teaches formal logic, the Socratic method, the dialectic. It's a better prep for law school than mechanical engineering or wildlife ecology. Although for certain very specific areas of law, like environmental law, a toxicology or ecology background in undergrad could be extremely helpful.
Sure. But Socrates was an enemy of lawyers, the sophists.

I have no idea why you wrote that.
Never mind, Sun Tzu, Art of War, would advise to understant the Sophists thoroughly in order to effectively counter them

Socrates acted as his own lawyer at his trial, and according to Plato supposedly gave an epic defense in the history of jurisprudence.

Never mind, Sun Tzu, Art of War, would advise to understant the Sophists thoroughly in order to effectively counter them

Socrates acted as his own lawyer at his trial, and according to Plato supposedly gave an epic defense in the history of jurisprudence.
Yes, Socrates was put to death. Looks like the Sophists won.

Yes, Socrates was put to death. Looks like the Sophists won.
Plato's Apologia has been a classic of western literature for two thousand years because of the power of Socrates' rhetoric in his trial defense.

That speaks for itself.

The guilty verdict passed by a bare razor thin majority, it's not like there was some overwhelming consensus Socrates was guilty of the crimes he was accused of

Plato's Apologia has been a classic of western literature for two thousand years because of the power of Socrates' rhetoric in his defense.

That speaks for itself.

The guilty verdict passed by a bare majority, it's not like there was some overwhelming consensus Socrates was guilty of the crimes he was accused of
Yet he was put to death.

Tulane University Law School on the own website says they do not accept anyone with low GPA, unless there are 'truly extraordinary' circumstances to make them reconsider.

Your tale of a girlfriend with a Home Economics degree and a 2.4 GPA being accepted to Tulane Law School sounds either like a random story you heard, or an urban legend you framed and adopted to your own circumstances.
Or she lied about her GPA.
Don’t know or care . That was a long time ago and she wasn’t my type. Maybe her daddy had connections . He was a real ass.

Yet he was put to death.
Alexander Navalny was killed by Putin's corrupt court system, but what people are going to remember is his powerful rhetoric and fierce integrity.

That is exactly why the Socrates in Plato's Apologia is remembered two thousand years later. The corrupt charges against him are not given any standing.

Alexander Navalny was killed by Putin's corrupt court system, but what people are going to remember is his powerful rhetoric and fierce integrity.

That is exactly why the Socrates in Plato's Apologia is remembered two thousand years later. The corrupt charges against him are not given any standing.
Socrates admitted he committed the acts he was accused of.
He could easily have avoided death by leaving town or changing his behavior.

I don't know a single person with a "home economics" college degree. That was just a class mostly girls took in high school.

The deep south must be really backwards if their universities are offering home economics degrees.

Home Economics School: List of Schools with Home Economics Degree Programs​

There seems to be a lot you don’t know.
lol

Last edited:
Where have I said they are untrainable? There's a learning curve from college to industry. depending on the degree, some steeper than others.
Those liberal arts machinists you are fantasizing? I'm game :)
OMFG. The degree often has very little to do with a person's abilities or IQ. There is a learning curve from everything to industry. No one walks into a job already knowing everything if they have not been in that job before. Even if they have been in that job before they don't know everything and if they think they do, I wouldn't hire them because it means they are incapable of learning.

At this point you are showing how stupid you are and how ill equipped you are to manage people. Different people have different abilities, different strengths and weaknesses. Those often have nothing to do with what their degree is in. I have run across a lot of people with technical degrees that are absolutely useless even in their chosen field.

Your strengths - you can run a machine, can manufacture something as long as it is explained to you in detail
Your weaknesses - bad at communication, bad at managing people, no imagination, no problem solving skills, can't think outside the box.

Home Economics School: List of Schools with Home Economics Degree Programs​

There seems to be a lot you don’t know.
lol
I guess you didn't read your link. That seems to an ongoing problem for you.
The degree is a teaching degree. So, now you are arguing that becoming a teacher is a waste of time and money.

Prior to getting her JD at Yale, Usha Vance got a bachelor's degree in history from Yale and a master's degree in philosophy from the University of Cambridge.

History and philosophy are really good background for law school.
She saw the light and turned her life around and is now an attorney.

What the fuck are you other than a trailer dwelling father raper?

And she's not a spawned out fuck pig like most liberal cunts.

Back