Was dropping the Bomb on Japan racist?

Was dropping the A-bomb on Japan racist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
War. I'm sorry that we did it and killed so many civilians, but the loss of life from an invasion would have been even worse. I think it is a tribute to humanity, and to organizations like NATO, the UN, etc. that we haven't used a nuclear weapon in 75 years despite the proliferation of the devices.

Sure, America didn't sit well with the uncalled for chicken-shit attack of PEARL HARBOR, or the sinking of the Arizona and loss of American life. Sure we had to counter-attack and retaliate. But it was for many other reasons, not just for retaliation. Japan's death march through China that killed over a million innocent Chinese civilians, and Japan's attacks of many islands in the Pacific killing 100's of thousands of innocent people WEIGHED heavy on Truman's decision to agree with using the nuclear option for the very first and last time.

Not only was it an important military strategic decision, it was a humanitarian decision as well.

USA wars since WW2 killed 14 - 30 million.

^Dumb cunt thinks the US starts all these wars.

tenor.gif

Thanks. Agreed on fun. My minor in college was Pussy & Beer which had a detrimental effect on the grades for my major. My GPA was in the high 2s. A little over 10 years later I took night and weekend classes at Hurlburt AFB through Troy State. All As.

When I was 18 going to community college, I was more interested in partying than studying. I noticed all the Vietnam vets, only a few years older than myself, were studying their asses off. Maybe I should have enlisted for a few years first. :)

At last the officer admits we puke enlisted Vietnam vets were smarter than him. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just pulling your chain.

Lol, Italy didn't start WW2.

Nazi Germany, Slovakia & Soviet Russia did.

Besides Mussolini killed prob not much more or less than W. Bush had.

Why does W. Bush get to walk as a free man?

Why don't you go and execute a citizens arrest if you believe that?

At last the officer admits we puke enlisted Vietnam vets were smarter than him. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just pulling your chain.

No worries. I'm the first to admit more senior NCO's saved my ass than I could ever know. They're the backbone upon what everything rests.

You and other veterans know this but those who never served do not: the military is a team which requires all the parts to function optimally in order to maximize mission success. A lack of mutual respect for all parts or actively wearing down parts for non-mission reasons is detrimental to the entire machine.

No worries. I'm the first to admit more senior NCO's saved my ass than I could ever know. They're the backbone upon what everything rests.

You and other veterans know this but those who never served do not: the military is a team which requires all the parts to function optimally in order to maximize mission success. A lack of mutual respect for all parts or actively wearing down parts for non-mission reasons is detrimental to the entire machine.

:good4u:

My nephew was a greenie, fresh out of West Point, sent to Fallujah, Iraq, he speaks Farsi, has a real ability to learn languages, anyway, when he arrived to assume command of his unit, he called the men together and told them he was there to learn from them. They had the knowledge he lacked. He was very successful there and he still keeps in contact with a lot of his soldiers. He is currently stationed in OK. His wife has health issues which have been further complicated by CoVID. She is a long hauler.

Back