Was dropping the Bomb on Japan racist?

Was dropping the A-bomb on Japan racist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Americans in general were racist towards Japanese.

I think the bombing was immoral and inhumane.

^Dumbass thinks America started the war because we didn't like Japs.

stupid_meter.gif

tenor.gif

I believe it was barbaric. The Japanese army was defeated. It was not necessary to kill innocent citizens.

But we would have killed as many if not more civilians taking the home islands not to mention the tremendous losses we would have faced doing it. No it was war and we used the weapon that would end it quickly.

Would you have preferred the allies lose a another million souls defeating a nation that started a global war and engaged in criminal atrocities?

I am always amazed that individuals educated in the west are even remotely stupid enough to question the morality of saving lives and ending a war we didn't start.
:palm:

Hey dumb ass I didn't say it was or wasn't. I asked the fucking question and clearly you are too stupid to answer it.

Hey dumb ass I didn't say it was or wasn't. I asked the fucking question and clearly you are too stupid to answer it.

You sad, pathetic jackass; you don't ask questions of the OBVIOUS. I did answer. You're too big of a dumb fuck to comprehend the OBVIOUS.

stupid_meter.gif

But we would have killed as many if not more civilians taking the home islands not to mention the tremendous losses we would have faced doing it. No it was war and we used the weapon that would end it quickly.

If you believe that, then why ask the moronic question? :palm:

I struggle with this part. Was it racist, or just fear of more surprise attacks from within. Remember, it was a SURPRISE attack and it came from JAPAN.

and if they only interred japanese nationals, there wouldn't have been an issue, but these were American citizens. that's racism based purely out of fear.

I believe it was barbaric. The Japanese army was defeated. It was not necessary to kill innocent citizens.

I agree it was barbaric.

On the flip side, civilians were intentionally being killed by both the Axis powers and the allies since 1940. Sometimes, in huge numbers

It is open to debate if the Japanese were ready to surrender.

But surrender was only part of what we needed to accomplish.

We needed Japan to submit to outright military occupation, and the forcible dismantling of their government, prosecution of their leadership for war crimes, and to have a democratic government with a pacifist constitution forced on them.

That type of occupation and coercion was really the only solution to put an end to the Japanese warrior ethos and a militaristic nation which had spent decades attacking and occupying its neighbors.

Whatever his faults were, Truman recognized this vision as the ultimate solution to a militaristic and belligerent Japan. And 70 years of history since 1945 has proven this vision to be prescient.

The people of japan were cult members

They had vowed to die one and all to die killing Americans

It was the worlds tuffest call

Japan was physically isolated

One could bomb that nation without another nation being effected as far as we knew at the time

In bombing instead of marching in we saved American lives and Japanese lives

A ground attack would have been all over japan and many more men, women and children would have had to be killed (cult)

Most Japanese people survived the bomb

It proved in days to the Japanese people that their emperor was not GOD

IT WAS CULT, they thought he was god

I will forever defend Truman for that decision

His choices to pick from were BOTH bad

He as a leader made the choice

He made the correct one

Back